Lobby: Up
Online: 51
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Where’s Hagun?!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:34 am 

Is there a reason this isn’t anywhere to be found? What’s the alternative end game until you can get some NM drops, etc.?

Post subject: Re: Where’s Hagun?!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:09 am 

Ghoulbath wrote:
Is there a reason this isn’t anywhere to be found? What’s the alternative end game until you can get some NM drops, etc.?

ENMs aren't active. Shinsoku is BiS that is readily available. Ushikirimaru from Zipacna is another good one.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:55 pm 

Kazen wrote:
Ghoulbath wrote:

ENMs aren't active. Shinsoku is BiS that is readily available. Ushikirimaru from Zipacna is another good one.

Ohh ok makes sense. Thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:08 pm 

Ghoulbath wrote:
Kazen wrote:
Ghoulbath wrote:

Ohh ok makes sense. Thanks for the info!

Also Onimaru if you can find one. It's arguably better than Shinsoku but they are pretty rare. The ENM for it used to work but no longer does.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:54 pm 

Kazen wrote:
Ghoulbath wrote:

Shinsoku better than Nana? Hmm. If so, I gotta get me one :o

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:41 pm 

mello wrote:
Kazen wrote:
Ghoulbath wrote:

Nana isn't readily available currently and if you buy one, it is a rental. We don't know for how long but they will be taken at some point.

gr8 b8 m8

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:31 pm 

mello wrote:
Kazen wrote:
Ghoulbath wrote:

I personally think that Nana sucks due to the delay. A GK that you can't 6 hit without making unreasonable gear concessions isn't worth the hassle (relic excluded for obvious reasons). And though the Strength and Dex are nice it also has the lowest base damage out of Nana, Oni and Shin.

My guess is that Oni is best if you are spamming ws as soon as you get TP (merits) and Shin is best when you have to be more judicious with TP usage (HNM).

Just my thoughts, others may have more experience.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:23 pm 

Dodi wrote:
mello wrote:
Kazen wrote:

I personally think that Nana sucks due to the delay. A GK that you can't 6 hit without making unreasonable gear concessions isn't worth the hassle (relic excluded for obvious reasons). And though the Strength and Dex are nice it also has the lowest base damage out of Nana, Oni and Shin.

My guess is that Oni is best if you are spamming ws as soon as you get TP (merits) and Shin is best when you have to be more judicious with TP usage (HNM).

Hmm....

Actually, I've done quite a bit of math, and while you can't make a reasonable 6-hit build with Nana, you don't need to because in high haste scenarios, that 30 delay difference makes your 7 hits just an extra 1.5 or so second difference to 1000TP and while you WS that much less, you're also getting an extra hit's worth of damage in. Not to mention you can run lower accuracy to intentionally Zanshin(meritted) more often which could makes up for that difference in time it takes to 1000 rather than how many hits it takes to 1000.

Right now I land at 1006tp, 7-hit with only brutal, hachi feet on WS and 4/5 Store TP. Leaves a lot of room to maximize DMG on TP and WS. Whereas I need quite a bit of STP to 6-hit on a 450delay GK. Unless my math is wrong.

I'm sure I could make a better build once I get more than literally 0 sky/sea/toau gear, but that's just my experience with SAM on Nasomi.

http://prntscr.com/n9rtfl (Sorry it's not clear or labeled, it's just me throwing numbers down for calculations.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:44 am 

mello wrote:
Dodi wrote:
mello wrote:

Hmm....

Actually, I've done quite a bit of math, and while you can't make a reasonable 6-hit build with Nana, you don't need to because in high haste scenarios, that 30 delay difference makes your 7 hits just an extra 1.5 or so second difference to 1000TP and while you WS that much less, you're also getting an extra hit's worth of damage in. Not to mention you can run lower accuracy to intentionally Zanshin(meritted) more often which could makes up for that difference in time it takes to 1000 rather than how many hits it takes to 1000.

Right now I land at 1006tp, 7-hit with only brutal, hachi feet on WS and 4/5 Store TP. Leaves a lot of room to maximize DMG on TP and WS. Whereas I need quite a bit of STP to 6-hit on a 450delay GK. Unless my math is wrong.

I'm sure I could make a better build once I get more than literally 0 sky/sea/toau gear, but that's just my experience with SAM on Nasomi.

http://prntscr.com/n9rtfl (Sorry it's not clear or labeled, it's just me throwing numbers down for calculations.

[a] Can you link me that calculator for fiddling purposes?
[b] Do you think it's optimal to WS in all stp gear as opposed to STR gear? I prefer to just wear the stp hands in tp phase and be done with it. (With stp hands, Brutal and Rajas I have a true 6 hit- the only piece of gear I give up is tp hands.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:42 am 

Dodi wrote:
mello wrote:
Dodi wrote:

Hmm....

[a] Can you link me that calculator for fiddling purposes?
[b] Do you think it's optimal to WS in all stp gear as opposed to STR gear? I prefer to just wear the stp hands in tp phase and be done with it. (With stp hands, Brutal and Rajas I have a true 6 hit- the only piece of gear I give up is tp hands.)

I have a ton of other stuff on that spreadsheet but i can copy/paste to a new spreadsheet and share, sure.

Probly with stp hands is you lose dusk hands, which is huge. The build on the right is a true 6 hit meaning WS+5 hits. It counts all the additional TP from WS gear. I have Shinimusha because myochin haidade’s 4 STP doesnt work apparently, so I’d need Enkidu and a +1 on any Hachi. And this would give you plenty of Str and WS accuracy for WS dmg and minimize and sacrifice in TPing. Again it’s just going with my options. I don’t even have a rajas ring yet, nor a good 450 delay GK to compare/contrast.

I’ll send you some stufff on discord tomorrow