Lobby: Up
Online: 44
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: nin/rng ?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:37 pm 

its seem tanking jobs r useless nowday... any consider /rng with gun to slug-shot might be fun cuz nin do have some nice piece of gears for it

Post subject: Re: nin/rng ?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:50 pm 

I tried NIN/RNG at level 40 with excellent gear and it was very underwhelming. It might be fun to try in the 50's, with Slug Shot, Seadog Gun +1 and Iron Bullets.

https://www.topshelf.team/
2017 TS Fantasy Football Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:00 am 

When the macc changes get added, elemental wheel damage will likely be worth testing out.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:43 am 

Was fun in 60 cap ballistas using a Shark Gun, offhanding mercurial kris, but outside of something like that not sure how useful it would be with a C rating in Marksmanship.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:40 pm 

Super late to this, but I leveled ninja with shurikens. if you are willing to put down the insane cost of spending 200-400k per pt in the 50s, then try it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:38 pm 

Aperture wrote:
Super late to this, but I leveled ninja with shurikens. if you are willing to put down the insane cost of spending 200-400k per pt in the 50s, then try it.

I really wanted to try this but I just couldn't justify the cost at the time. However I will say that in the 50s with a full INT/MAB set (incl. parfait) the ele wheel was still holding up. And yes, there were legit DD in the party :) I wasn't necessarily holding hate 24/7 but it was consistently coming back to me and iirc the spells were hitting for over 100 each, I didn't really crunch the numbers but it seemed to be around 700 damage every 30 seconds or so if I could pull off the whole ele-wheel without having to recast shadows, and I was /war.

If you're the only tank though, it's a bit messy b/c you will be stopping to recast shadows quite a bit. In the end I thought it would be worth trying with 2 NIN in identical gear spamming the ele-wheel.

Oh and just for transparency, gearing for, and spamming, the ele-wheel can be pricey too depending on your budget. I think one party I spent around 200k on nin tools. It was definitely worth it though.

Throwing stars I'm sure would be impressive though :)