Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:47 pm 

Question is pretty obvious but for context...

*disclaimer: this question really just pertains to the solo'ing aspect of NIN, I'm not going to be stacking +parry/eva skill in a standard xp pt*

I noticed that NIN has A- in both Evasion and Parrying. With that in mind I was wondering if it's worth trying to equally split your gear with +parry skill and +eva skill to maximize your chance to do either one of those things when solo'ing. Up until now I've just been stacking evasion and it works just fine but the thought occurred to me when I saw the skill level for NIN was the same for both.

For example:

If at 75 you could have +20 evasion skill or +10 evasion skill / +10 parry skill which would increase your overall survivability?

edit: would Koga Hatsuburi (+10/+12 parrying skill) out perform E.pin (+10 evasion)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:14 pm 

Some things to consider, parry caps at 20% rate and only takes effect if you're engaged with weapons out and the attacks are coming from the front. Evasion caps at 80% and takes effect from any direction, without needing to engage.

So cap parry then build the rest in evasion? Or just push evasion all the way? Depends on how you play.

The rest is up to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:05 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
Some things to consider, parry caps at 20% rate and only takes effect if you're engaged with weapons out and the attacks are coming from the front. Evasion caps at 80% and takes effect from any direction, without needing to engage.

So cap parry then build the rest in evasion? Or just push evasion all the way? Depends on how you play.

The rest is up to you.

Thanks for the reply but can you elaborate because I don't quite understand what you mean when you say "parry caps at 20% rate". Could you maybe provide me with some example of what this looks like? As in, if I cap parrying and then add +parry skill, is there a point of diminishing returns? I *think* the total +parry skill I could get from gear would be +27-29 (not including weapons).

Parrying also seems to proct when you're facing away from a mob so you just need to have weapons drawn iirc.

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:05 pm 

*double post*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:47 am 

seventythree19 wrote:
The_Carrot wrote:

The rest is up to you.

Thanks for the reply but can you elaborate because I don't quite understand what you mean when you say "parry caps at 20% rate". Could you maybe provide me with some example of what this looks like? As in, if I cap parrying and then add +parry skill, is there a point of diminishing returns? I *think* the total +parry skill I could get from gear would be +27-29 (not including weapons).

Parrying also seems to proct when you're facing away from a mob so you just need to have weapons drawn iirc.

Thank you

It's pretty self explanatory, parry caps out at a rate of 20% (or it should be retail specs). Meaning, no matter how much parry you have, you will never have more than a 20% chance to parry (you could have 1 million parry skill and you still would only have a max 20% chance to parry).

I think generally speaking evasion is better all around until capped.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:06 am 

I'd stack PDT before parry personally.

Get bat earrings, blind potions, and use the elemental wheel on anywhere you're really hurting for eva checks.
Sub rdm, bring a few yag drinks. Pretty powerful little setup.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:21 am 

I would go with deadwings advice, they know things ^.~

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:04 pm 

I forgot about Bat earrings, thanks for the advice everyone.