Lobby: Up
Online: 53
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:16 am 

Guedj wrote:
You can certainly get invites just doing basic gear, shadows, and vokes, but that's not going to make much of an impression and, like every other job, could mean getting looked over for invites when there is competition LFG. I put a lot of parties together and I know I keep a mental note (sometimes written in extreme cases) of players that do the bare minimal and players that excel and it plays into getting invited again (on any job) when I see you seeking later.

If you want to do the job right, you better be prepared to stop and farm pretty often if you're not already sitting on a small fortune or have said gear from other jobs. Aside from the Katanas, I already have all of the expensive gear that Wolffhardt listed out and then some and I won't touch the job because I know I'd feel like a crappy NIN if I didn't do the wheel and am not about to fork over the gil for that at the moment as I'd rather continue to invest that gil into pieces I can use for multiple jobs or that I can turn around and sell later and circle back to NIN when I have the excess cash to drop on consumables.

I have not leveling on Nasomi, but I did back in retail. I wouldn't say the wheel is necessary, but for sure debuff and have a WS equipset. Doing damage with a WS is going to help tremendously with keeping hate. Just don't try to be involved in a SC because it will just get in the way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:02 pm 

Guedj wrote:
Benzula wrote:
Or Level a BST and go BST/NIN for easy UOs

I'm a BST and hate doing this as BST. I've only ever done it as me BST and 2x SMN but it sucked--we cleared it, but it was pretty messy if things didn't go JUST right. I need to try it again with a different comp. I also have better pet food access now, so that would help.

BST was super easy to do it. Granted I did it with 3 Bst but I'm sure 2BST and SMN would work find as well. Do normal Face away to build attack time, Have a HQ Crab tank one to the left while 2BST and 1 CRAB kill the one to the right. And to Blink Recall Kiting the boss as a BST/NIN

So BST/WHMx2 and BST/NIN x1

Have the BST/WHM call out if they get paralyzed so that the other one can remove it, because it is too strong to try and remove yourself.
Also cheapy Apple juice for like 200gil a piece can be a nice oh crap item.

Bring 3 remedies (Should not need any of them, but incase both BST/WHM are bad and get paralyzed at the same time, then it can save you from getting your Reward/Call Beast paralyzed)

Cleared it with more than 5 mins remaining. Also with 3 BSTs at the end, Smash Axe x3 can prevent his Catharsis heal spam nicely incase he is still doing that.

Higher level food does indeed help. I would however suggest using a reward right off the bat to have your pet gain aggro early, because I find myself pulling sometimes and your pet should not be dying in 1min 30 secs.