Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:21 pm 

So I leveled up NIN to 37 just for a sub job. Now, I'm thinking about going NIN main. Is having Utsusemi Ni, hairpin and boots enough to get to 75? What else should I be considering?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:26 pm 

That really depends on how proud you want to be of your gear/performance.

Plenty of people level to 75 in potato gear. Otherwise, if you’re curious, things like ochi kote, sniper rings, fuma kyahan, Hauby, better katanas, damage earrings are all things to think about. Peacock amulet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:20 pm 

ideally the tank is the best geared member of the party. You probably have the largest impact on the success or failure of your group, so keep that in mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:14 pm 

You can certainly get invites just doing basic gear, shadows, and vokes, but that's not going to make much of an impression and, like every other job, could mean getting looked over for invites when there is competition LFG. I put a lot of parties together and I know I keep a mental note (sometimes written in extreme cases) of players that do the bare minimal and players that excel and it plays into getting invited again (on any job) when I see you seeking later.

If you want to do the job right, you better be prepared to stop and farm pretty often if you're not already sitting on a small fortune or have said gear from other jobs. Aside from the Katanas, I already have all of the expensive gear that Wolffhardt listed out and then some and I won't touch the job because I know I'd feel like a crappy NIN if I didn't do the wheel and am not about to fork over the gil for that at the moment as I'd rather continue to invest that gil into pieces I can use for multiple jobs or that I can turn around and sell later and circle back to NIN when I have the excess cash to drop on consumables.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:58 pm 

Guedj wrote:
You can certainly get invites just doing basic gear, shadows, and vokes, but that's not going to make much of an impression and, like every other job, could mean getting looked over for invites when there is competition LFG. I put a lot of parties together and I know I keep a mental note (sometimes written in extreme cases) of players that do the bare minimal and players that excel and it plays into getting invited again (on any job) when I see you seeking later.

If you want to do the job right, you better be prepared to stop and farm pretty often if you're not already sitting on a small fortune or have said gear from other jobs. Aside from the Katanas, I already have all of the expensive gear that Wolffhardt listed out and then some and I won't touch the job because I know I'd feel like a crappy NIN if I didn't do the wheel and am not about to fork over the gil for that at the moment as I'd rather continue to invest that gil into pieces I can use for multiple jobs or that I can turn around and sell later and circle back to NIN when I have the excess cash to drop on consumables.

If it makes you feel better the wheel is only great for exp burn chaining from like 40-50, dragged to 55 maybe. The atk/haste gear is the real kicker. Don't let your ninja dreams be dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:42 pm 

kabibi18 wrote:
Guedj wrote:

If it makes you feel better the wheel is only great for exp burn chaining from like 40-50, dragged to 55 maybe. The atk/haste gear is the real kicker. Don't let your ninja dreams be dreams.

That's good to know. ATM I'm only really considering leveling it the last 3 levels to 40 for sync availability, but I've got enough other 40 sync jobs. I don't really need another one to keep gear around for, lol. There's really not many NIN LFG 37+ so I very rarely party with them at their most useful.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:33 pm 

Guedj wrote:
. There's really not many NIN LFG 37+ so I very rarely party with them at their most useful.

Do some UO as 40+NIN and afk after. I'll get like 5 party invites in 5 zones in an hour unflagged. Even with the pretty red o kotes I just cannot bring myself to level NIN further. PLD has been enough masochism 56-70. lolPUP here I come.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:17 pm 

I have nin at 60, super popular job and there's never been a lack of party invites. However, it's PAINFULLY boring to me. I'd rather play almost any other job. However, if you choose to play it and enjoy it, gear makes a difference, and it's not cheap. But you will never be looking for a party for long.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:00 pm 

kabibi18 wrote:
Guedj wrote:
. There's really not many NIN LFG 37+ so I very rarely party with them at their most useful.

Do some UO as 40+NIN and afk after. I'll get like 5 party invites in 5 zones in an hour unflagged. Even with the pretty red o kotes I just cannot bring myself to level NIN further. PLD has been enough masochism 56-70. lolPUP here I come.

Or Level a BST and go BST/NIN for easy UOs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:41 pm 

Benzula wrote:
Or Level a BST and go BST/NIN for easy UOs

I'm a BST and hate doing this as BST. I've only ever done it as me BST and 2x SMN but it sucked--we cleared it, but it was pretty messy if things didn't go JUST right. I need to try it again with a different comp. I also have better pet food access now, so that would help.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0