Lobby: Up
Online: 31
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Soloing Ungur
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:37 am 

If, for some reason, you happen to not care for dual-boxing, and are particularly averse to asking for help (such as myself ;)), and are in the market for an Ungur Boomerang (or if you just want a fun little challenge); it can definitely be done solo:

https://youtu.be/4TY5EkJh_ZA

You'll probably want somewhere around 430 total evasion, /WHM (for Paralyna, Erase, Stoneskin, Cures, etc.), Echo Drops, and Blinding Potions (if using Bat Earrings). At 437 evasion, I was able to comfortably disengage and rest several tics of MP before it could get through shadows, making it possible to fight indefinitely.

The main threat, of course, is Radiant Breath, which is highly dangerous on Nasomi since it completely wipes shadows in addition to dealing high damage while inflicting Silence and Slow. For this reason, when you feel it's getting close to using a TP move, play it safe and stop feeding it TP for a bit to make sure debuffs and Utsusemi timers are in good shape. You really want Utsu: Ni to be available after each breath attack to facilitate as smooth a recovery as possible.

Post subject: Re: Soloing Ungur
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:24 am 

Very impressive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:03 pm 

This is hype. I'm going to give this a shot.

Impressive job.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:59 am 

Couple things I forgot to mention, for anyone trying this out (or just camping Ungur in general).

First, I'm not too sure if the placeholder changes locations on Nasomi as it does on retail. I killed only the wyvern in the back of the room and Ungur popped after 3 kills.

Second, because of its spawn location, it can be a bit tricky to pull. To make things easier, you can clear some of the more annoying skeletons without too much trouble.

The Doom Warlocks are BLMs, and I wouldn't suggest fighting them. I killed one just to try it out and survived with like 300 HP. Their -ga III spells hit for around 400 (I only have a pretty limited mdt gear set atm), so one more -ga III spell would have been fatal. Instead, take advantage of the fact that they won't move into melee range to cast Sneak after their initial spell and simply run away, causing them to despawn.

The Doom Guards are DRKs, and are much easier to kill if needed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:02 am 

Got Ungur to pop by killing only the one in the back of the room as well, he popped beside the wyvern just left of the tunnel exit.

I hope you do more videos of your solos here Seij :)