Lobby: Up
Online: 62
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:53 pm 

Hi DRG Community,

I was just thinking of the days when Penta's 5 hits returned all that TP :D Anyways!

I am currently placing my points using this order:

1. Polearm [max]
2. Str [Max]
3. Jump / High Jump [Max]
4. 1 x Angon to unlock it.
5. 1 x Deep Breathing to unlock it

I don't have endgame experience yet so how many points does Angon really require?

Thanks!

Cheers,
~Rubi

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:33 pm 

Personally, I usually save base stats like Str for last because of how much of a time and experience investment it takes to cap them out. If this is your first 75 job, you'll get more bang for your buck with lower cost merits first, like crit rate, angon, and jump recasts. But yeah generally maxing out your main combat skill first is a good idea. Does anyone know if Empathy actually works properly here? That was worth meriting once or twice for giving your wyvern haste and other offensive stat buffs. Deep breathing is like a divine seal cure when used with /mage for healing breath. So yeah, I'd move Str to the back of the line. All of the other merits you could get before then for much cheaper would only help you get the Str merits faster.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:37 pm 

Tex wrote:
Personally, I usually save base stats like Str for last because of how much of a time and experience investment it takes to cap them out. If this is your first 75 job, you'll get more bang for your buck with lower cost merits first, like crit rate, angon, and jump recasts. But yeah generally maxing out your main combat skill first is a good idea. Does anyone know if Empathy actually works properly here? That was worth meriting once or twice for giving your wyvern haste and other offensive stat buffs. Deep breathing is like a divine seal cure when used with /mage for healing breath. So yeah, I'd move Str to the back of the line. All of the other merits you could get before then for much cheaper would only help you get the Str merits faster.

Good mention about Str. I have not looked into the requirements yet. I'll definitely get the best bang for my buck at the start to help with Merit parties and Dynamis.

Cheers,

~Rubi

~Rubicmage

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:24 pm 

pretty much what tex said save str for last

crit is amazing on drg get that up after polearm merits , then jumps , and u may want 2-3 lvls in angon. dont want to fail a zerg cause angon didnt last a little bit longer and i think lvl 1 is only 30 seconds.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 6:40 pm 

kurozuka wrote:

crit is amazing on drg get that up after polearm merits , then jumps , and u may want 2-3 lvls in angon. dont want to fail a zerg cause angon didnt last a little bit longer and i think lvl 1 is only 30 seconds.

Thanks for the info!

I was in a long merit party last night (was fun) and they told me that Crit is noticeable and you confirmed it as well. Looking forwarding to maxing Polearm and Crit with my Mezraq (credit to Camping / Camper, thanks again!).

Cheers,

~Rubi

~Rubicmage

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:25 pm 

I have 5/5ed empathy and strafe for testing at one point, they don’t work. Can I get empathy nasomi? Please, hell I’ll even take strafe.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:05 pm 

kurozuka wrote:

Yep, 1 in angon gets you 30 seconds, plus a whopping 15 seconds each increment. I'd say it's of little importance for merit parties since you go through mobs so quickly, but endgame drg is really there for the angons, so I'd say max it out to the full 1:30. Since the only working tier 2 merits are angon and deep breathing, you might as well max both.