Lobby: Up
Online: 44
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: DRG JSE issues
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:58 am 

I'm posting this in order to point out some issues with the DRG AF and relic armor. My hope is that either this brings some attention to the issue and the items will be fixed, or that at least aspiring DRGs will go into the job aware of the fact that they can't expect much utility out of many of their JSE pieces.

First off, the good news. I've tested the Drachen Armet and found that it does in fact affect healing breath so that it occurs at <50% hp vice <33% with a mage support job. That's the most important piece in the set, so yay. Also for what it's worth, the Drachen Greaves work just fine.

Now some neutral-ish news. I tried testing the wyvern magic defense bonus on the Wyrm Finger Gauntlet by subjecting my wyvern to mob spells, but due to the fluctuating nature of spell damage I could not come to a conclusive determination. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

Now down to the bad news. The other three AF and at least two relics all have flaws. Their normal stat properties are intact but all wyvern effects simply do not occur. In the following demonstrations I have posted video of my tests as well as links to FFXICLOPEDIA for each piece of gear. Note that though the videos may not show it, I also conducted each test with the respective gear pre-equipped before summoning my wyvern, but this factor never changed the test results.

Drachen Mail Wyvern regen:
https://youtu.be/evONyB73IZg
As shown in the video above, I had my wyvern fight a mob and take damage. I then equipped the Drachen Mail (and nothing else) and used "/echo <pethpp>" to monitor my wyverns hp%. Note that it remained at 92% for 2 minutes and 26 seconds, or 48 ticks. Since a wyvern has 991 hp at level 75 then 1% of its hp should be regenerated in 10 ticks. It was not.

Drachen Brais HP+10%:
https://youtu.be/tZ4sVNK53zM
In the above video I show myself summoning my wyvern, then using "/echo <pethpp>" to show that it's hp is at 100%. Then I equip the Drachen Brais. If the bonus worked then the wyvern should have the had less than 100% hp at that point, but it didn't.

Drachen Brais enhancing Ancient Circle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXuIKd4odCc
The above video demonstrates that the Acient Circle effect without the influence of the Drachen Braise lasts one minute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mZfksBcucI
This next video demonstrates that the length of the Ancient Circle effect still lasts one minute with the Drachen Braise equiped. Also, I hate to admit it but as demonstrated by this history page, the actual era specific time may be 00:30 naturally and 1:15 with the Drachen Braise.

Drachen Finger Gauntlets enhancing Wyvern's accuracy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SAGsxCePYI
In the above video I placed my cursor on my wyvern and used "/checkparam <t>" to display his stats. His initial primary accuracy came up as 315, secondary as zero. Then I equiped the gauntlets and checked again to find the accuracy unchanged.

Wyrm Greaves +1 Wyvern HP recovered while healing +7: Note that I am conducting this test on the +1 version. I had previously tested the resting HP on the N.Q. version. This showed that it did not in fact work. I then decided to see if the H.Q. version was working. This is why I only have video for the H.Q. Rest assured that the method and results were the same for the N.Q.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxEkbwQPz4Y
In the above video I allowed my wyvern to take damage while I had nothing equiped, then used "/echo <pethpp>" to check his hp %. I then rested and checked the hp % in ten second periodicity, since healing occurs in ten second ticks. I gauged the percentage gain per tick and came up with the following progression: 1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 2%, 1%, 2%, 1%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%. This demonstrates that the hp gain started incrementing consistantly at 2% after 9 ticks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAVff_vrFsY
In the next video I conducted the same thing while wearing the greaves. I received the following increments: 1%, 2%, 1%, 1%, 2%, 1%, 2%, 1%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 3%, 2%, 3%. It took the same 9 ticks to start incrementing consistently at 2%. If the +7/tick bonus was applied it would have started roughly 7 ticks sooner. Note that I conducted the same test two more times with the same results.

Wyrm Mail adds support job abilities to wyvern:
For this one I tried two separate tests. Note that the retai results were tested to be true in the same methods as documented here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omc7qi-Xkvs
In this test i used WHM as my support job, which should have given my wyvern Auto Regen. I equipped the mail then summoned my wyvern. I had my wyvern receive damage and then checked his hp % as before and periodically thereafter. Seeing as an unaugmented wyvern a level 75 should have 991 hp, a percentage increment should be notice within ten 3 second ticks. None was noted after 48 ticks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVhqp32C2Ok
In the next test I used SAM as my support job. As noted in the retail tests this should have given my wyvern Store TP.
First I summoned my wyvern while wearing no equipment and then checked that it held no TP using "/echo <pettp>". Then I had my wyvern one-hit-kill a crawler. This resulted in 249 TP. Then I conducted this again after summoning my wyvern while wearing the mail. This still resulted in 249 TP. I also conducted this on two goblin thugs and two savannah rarabs, each time resulting in 249 TP, proving that my wyvern received no Store TP effect.

Unfortunately I am still lacking the remaining two relic pieces. Once I get my hands on them I will update.

Post subject: Re: DRG JSE issues
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:50 am 

Have you pointed nasomi to this post? It would be a shame for all that hard work to go unnoticed. I don't know how often he checks the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:45 am 

Tried to catch him a couple times but he's a busy guy. No worries.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:20 pm 

How likely is it for these things to be fixed? I started on Nasomi like 2 years ago and while combat and mob mechanics seem to have made some improvements since then, other things like gear effects remain broken. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to complain. I know its one guy working on the whole thing alone and he's not around working on it as his job. I'm just at the point where I'm trying to pick out a job to main. DRG was up there along with RNG and MNK. MNK AF is also broken on some pieces and RNG TP isn't calculated correctly so I'm just wondering if I should even bother with them...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:00 pm 

cadant wrote:
How likely is it for these things to be fixed? I started on Nasomi like 2 years ago and while combat and mob mechanics seem to have made some improvements since then, other things like gear effects remain broken. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to complain. I know its one guy working on the whole thing alone and he's not around working on it as his job. I'm just at the point where I'm trying to pick out a job to main. DRG was up there along with RNG and MNK. MNK AF is also broken on some pieces and RNG TP isn't calculated correctly so I'm just wondering if I should even bother with them...

id argue that these gear issues arent going to noticable hinder the job

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:38 pm 

Well, Nas has alot on his plate, and he won't be fixing it if nobody brings it up to him. Kubi, I realize Nas doesn't generally check the forums. The fact is this is too much info to try to deliver in IRC, so I'm attempting to get him to look at it here at his leisure.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:09 am 

Just wondering, was this ever fixed? I'm thinking of playing dragoon again (used to back in retail) and would like to make a full wyvern HP set for drg/mage soloing like I had back in the day.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:11 am 

Drar wrote:
Just wondering, was this ever fixed? I'm thinking of playing dragoon again (used to back in retail) and would like to make a full wyvern HP set for drg/mage soloing like I had back in the day.

Not yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:13 am 

That's a shame.

Does the rest of wyvern breath work properly (/mage purposes)? As in Drachen armet for 50% proc and Wyrm Armet for increased potency?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:39 pm 

Yes to 50% proc and yes to potency.