Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: DRG JSE issues
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:11 pm 

I loved playing DRG in retail solo. Is DRG not that viable as a solo option on Nasomi with all these bugs?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:31 pm 

DRG is a fantastic solo option. Just don't expect it to work exactly like retail. There are all sorts of little quirks that are different, such as for some reason your wyvern ignores damage type modifiers, almost like it has persistent formless strikes. On the downside, high jump and super jump will shed hate but won't necessarily allow you to dodge tp moves and such. You can still be hit mid jump. The job is also loads better in party play than most people give it credit for. Misarauxuxux (sp?) bird merit parties are great with a bunch of DRGs. Also, it is the top job for the Royal Jelly bcmn, hands down. DRG is awesome. Play it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:54 pm 

Nish wrote:
DRG is a fantastic solo option. Just don't expect it to work exactly like retail. There are all sorts of little quirks that are different, such as for some reason your wyvern ignores damage type modifiers, almost like it has persistent formless strikes. On the downside, high jump and super jump will shed hate but won't necessarily allow you to dodge tp moves and such. You can still be hit mid jump. The job is also loads better in party play than most people give it credit for. Misarauxuxux (sp?) bird merit parties are great with a bunch of DRGs. Also, it is the top job for the Royal Jelly bcmn, hands down. DRG is awesome. Play it.

Sweet Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:11 pm 

Just as an update, I saw "Tons of equipment that should affect pets now does" in the recent update and I got my hopes up, but as far as I can tell none of said equipment is for dragoons. Must be just for summoners and beastmasters.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:20 pm 

Nish wrote:
Just as an update, I saw "Tons of equipment that should affect pets now does" in the recent update and I got my hopes up, but as far as I can tell none of said equipment is for dragoons. Must be just for summoners and beastmasters.

which pieces are broken for DRG? Just endgame pieces or any pieces relevant to leveling? I've got mine on hold at 50 right now but might go back to it once I finish up SMN.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:22 pm 

I have personally tested a few pieces for wyvern HP+ (homam feet, AF legs) and neither work. I was told a long while back that "none of the wyvern HP+ gear works". Though I have not personally tested all available pieces, I'm sticking with that until I hear otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:59 pm 

There's a bit of debate going on right now because while no discernible effect on wyvern hp is detected for certain pieces, it sure seems to boost healing breath. Time to test.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:03 pm 

Nish wrote:
There's a bit of debate going on right now because while no discernible effect on wyvern hp is detected for certain pieces, it sure seems to boost healing breath. Time to test.

If you test this Nish, please be sure to let us know! I just solo'd 50-51 on DRG last night to make use of the xp band and anything to boost healing breath would be awesome.

On a related but separate topic, anyone do much comparing of /WHM for /BLU for solo? Curious if it's worth leveling BLU.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:46 am 

Guedj wrote:
Nish wrote:

If you test this Nish, please be sure to let us know! I just solo'd 50-51 on DRG last night to make use of the xp band and anything to boost healing breath would be awesome.

On a related but separate topic, anyone do much comparing of /WHM for /BLU for solo? Curious if it's worth leveling BLU.

Blu shits on Whm sub for anything you need to sub /mage and don't need erase or barspells. If you plan to /mage on drg definitely level it. The trigger spells are less mana intensive, and assuming they're coded properly here, the spells you equip can give you a small boost to your hp, mp, or offensive stats. Oh and then there's cocoon.

If you really want to go all out, get player HP+ gear and macro it into your trigger spells. This will make it to where you can effectively trigger healing breath much earlier due to you having a larger health pool, and so the amount of HP you need to be at to reach the 33% or 50% threshold is earlier. For example: If you have 1000 max HP normally obviously healing breath would trigger ≤500 HP using AF1 Helm, but say you macro'd in 200 HP+ gear and you increase your max HP pool to 1200, then you could trigger your healing breath to go off ≤600 HP instead without having to wait to take damage again. This is helpful to know so you don't have to always be right on the edge of death to get a healing breath off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:15 pm 

I agree with Tex in certain ways. For potency and efficiency, /blu outstrips /whm. /whm however comes with some convenience, having sneak, invis, reraise, -na spells and erase. I also like to macro in whatever the appropriate bar spell is for the circumstance to use as my off-combat trigger. It's cheap and it ups my defenses a bit. I kinda think it's a judgement call. But if you somehow get the call to party subbing mage for backup heals (yes, that'll be rare but fun), /blu would be the way to go.
Another fun thing to add in here (and a lot of people are going to laugh, go ahead and laugh) is staff. Any drg/mage who wants to go hardcore might think about getting a good staff (good one's for this are kirin's, certain elemental staves, mekki shakki, or if you are extremely lucky, mercurial pole) and enough staff skill to pull off spirit taker. Yes, swapping in a staff kills off your TP, and the required macro sets are a bit extensive, but spirit taker when done right nearly fills up my mp to full and I'm a taru. This means unlimited healing breath. I've soloed several NMs that I totally shouldn't have been able to outlast with this tactic. And this makes it so spell cost doesn't matter much.
As far as testing goes, I puttered around for several hours with my homam feet and saw a decent boost in my healing breath. Without them I topped out at about 400 hp healed. With them I topped out at 425.
As far as I can see there are 3 more pieces on Nasomi that may work. These are the wyvern mail, ostreger mitts, and falconer's hose. Need to go get 'em before I can say, but the outlook is good.

Last edited by Nish on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.