Lobby: Up
Online: 53
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:04 pm 

I will not stand for this. We must do something.

#MakeNasomiGreatAgain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:10 pm 

Invent a time machine and go back in time and convince SE to make DRG not suck in that particular era. Problem solved.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:36 am 

I dunno, a buddy of mine was dragoon(Kaini) and was constantly being asked into Japanese parties. Japanese know what works and what doesn't and never mess around so must have been something useful.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:58 am 

loldrg :lol:

but in all seriousness its really lolpup.

Twitch
Siren Roll Call~!
Siren Server Community FB Group - Formerly known as sirenffxi.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:55 pm 

sabinfigaro wrote:
I dunno, a buddy of mine was dragoon(Kaini) and was constantly being asked into Japanese parties. Japanese know what works and what doesn't and never mess around so must have been something useful.

You didn't know much Japanese then. Not to say they didn't have great players, because they did, but they had an overwhelming amount of terrible players--especially on the endgame scene.

Anyway, pre-Drakesbane, Dragoon was pretty awful. It's weaponskills were not great generally speaking, and the job was horrendously attack-starved.

It was decent for EXP parties though especially enemies weak to pierce, as fodder enemies generally didn't have much defence, and Dragoon has great accuracy through it's traits. Come endgame though, it's lack of attack, especially through the equipment it had access to, really showed. Wasn't until the introduction of Salvage and the Ares' equipment that it picked up somewhat, but then later on came Drakesbane and it improved significantly. Too bad that was quite late era for the latter, though. It always had Angon, so it wasn't completely worthless against the high-end enemies/slimes etc.

Enough of that though, I have no idea how DRG performs on Nasomi, they're quite a rarity. Many of the damage formulas though are messed up pretty bad, but that could be a good thing for DRG, or it could make the job worse than it ever was /shrug.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:09 pm 

Insight wrote:
sabinfigaro wrote:

You didn't know much Japanese then. Not to say they didn't have great players, because they did, but they had an overwhelming amount of terrible players--especially on the endgame scene.

Anyway, pre-Drakesbane, Dragoon was pretty awful. It's weaponskills were not great generally speaking, and the job was horrendously attack-starved.

It was decent for EXP parties though especially enemies weak to pierce, as fodder enemies generally didn't have much defence, and Dragoon has great accuracy through it's traits. Come endgame though, it's lack of attack, especially through the equipment it had access to, really showed. Wasn't until the introduction of Salvage and the Ares' equipment that it picked up somewhat, but then later on came Drakesbane and it improved significantly. Too bad that was quite late era for the latter, though. It always had Angon, so it wasn't completely worthless against the high-end enemies/slimes etc.

Enough of that though, I have no idea how DRG performs on Nasomi, they're quite a rarity. Many of the damage formulas though are messed up pretty bad, but that could be a good thing for DRG, or it could make the job worse than it ever was /shrug.

You must not have been around for the DRG/SAM days. Penta thrust used to give 60% TP back if you landed each hit, so DRG could basically spam Penta Thrust. SE ended up nerfing multi hit WS TP return. This was all pre 2004 though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:37 pm 

Tenshu wrote:
Insight wrote:
sabinfigaro wrote:

You must not have been around for the DRG/SAM days. Penta thrust used to give 60% TP back if you landed each hit, so DRG could basically spam Penta Thrust. SE ended up nerfing multi hit WS TP return. This was all pre 2004 though.

Game was relevant then? :D

Seriously though, I did indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:02 am 

Penta Thrust sounds familiar. Sadly, MMOs and my personal time management didn't mix well so I never really got far.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:49 pm 

DRG is pretty great here, despite the Penta TP nerf, even outside exp. :mrgreen: