Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: drg subjob ?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:06 am 

Hello !
I plan to lvl drg, what subjob is nice on nasomi ? WAR then SAM at higher levels ? Something else ?
Many thanks for you answers :)

Post subject: Re: drg subjob ?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:26 pm 

At higher levels? /NIN for damage mitigation mostly in EXP parties unless you have proper support and PT doesn't mind you coming /sam or /war.

On SAM I got to 75 subbing primarily /NIN because you pull hate so much. I only had one party that asked me to come /WAR, and it was because they had 4 tarutaru 75 red mages as their alts cure spamming me to keep me alive.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:33 pm 

Ryamatsu wrote:
At higher levels? /NIN for damage mitigation mostly in EXP parties unless you have proper support and PT doesn't mind you coming /sam or /war.

On SAM I got to 75 subbing primarily /NIN because you pull hate so much. I only had one party that asked me to come /WAR, and it was because they had 4 tarutaru 75 red mages as their alts cure spamming me to keep me alive.

This. It feels bad subbing /NIN but it is most efficient. If you have a PL you will gladly come /WAR for Double Attack / Berserk. I never tried /SAM because I didn't level it on Nasomi but Hasso / Meditate seem exceptional.

Also I'd mention /WHM / RDM /BLU. There really isn't much downtime when you're LFP, but I would search sometimes deep into the night / morning and invites would be scarce. I really enjoyed soloing and could get up to chain 4~ on toughs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:00 pm 

Staryu wrote:
Also I'd mention /WHM / RDM /BLU. There really isn't much downtime when you're LFP, but I would search sometimes deep into the night / morning and invites would be scarce. I really enjoyed soloing and could get up to chain 4~ on toughs.

I'd like to mention, /rdm seems interesting but unless you seriously gear your drg for enfeebles there's little point. /whm is the best option for utility, /blu for sheer damage I think.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:56 pm 

Nish wrote:
Staryu wrote:

I'd like to mention, /rdm seems interesting but unless you seriously gear your drg for enfeebles there's little point. /whm is the best option for utility, /blu for sheer damage I think.

Forget enfeebling (skill too low), you’re mostly using these to trigger healing breath.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:17 am 

Concepcion wrote:
Nish wrote:
Staryu wrote:

Forget enfeebling (skill too low), you’re mostly using these to trigger healing breath.

Also fast cast is nice!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:43 pm 

thanks everyone ^^

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:51 am 

Concepcion wrote:

I've logged many hours fighting skeles in gustav (yes I am one of those weirdo drgs that likes to swing a staff) and I got myself an enfeebling set for giggles. I went from being able to land silence 5% of the time to landing about 60%, but that was with very good gear, enfeebling torque, etc. Yes, it's still not practical. Yes, that's a lot of gear to carry. It was a fun exercise none the less.
Staryu wrote:
Also fast cast is nice!

The problem with this is fast cast works on percentages. Your trigger spell should be something quick like dia anyway. Fast cast on a spell that's already a one second cast makes an imperceptible difference. I don't think you get your money's worth considering with /whm you get reraise, -na spells, teleport, and a large chunk of mp.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:01 pm 

For solo, /blu unless you need the -na spells, then /whm.

For partying, depends on your level and the party.
Pre-30 I like /blu the best. /War or /Sam don't give you much in the way of abilities and /blu can give you more stats overall.

31-69 (this becomes even more true when you get pentathrust) /war is your best damage output and pretty much should be used if you have a dedicated tank job. Just don't be dumb and open the fight with a weaponskill. At some points you'll get both high jump and super jump tp shed some hate so unless your tank is garbage, you'll be fine. /nin is more of a no-tank/voke option, but kills damage. /sam doesn't give too much in the way of extra damage or defensive abilities at this range.

70+ /sam is your best overall. While /war will still give more damage (and get you killed pretty quick), /sam can give you enough store tp to take a full hit off of your WS build and have enough defensive abilites in Seigan/third eye to not get you killed. /nin is pretty much if you don't have a first voke in a war or sam/war (which is rather rare) or you're just being lazy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:06 pm 

Solo is /whm. It has hardly any down sides. While /rdm /blm might have some neat features it just hurts overall in the bigger picture. /whm for reraise, dia, and occasional cures. Prep before fights with stoneskin and blink if you really want to.