Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:45 pm 

I've been curious for a while on what stats people are stacking for their WS's. I stack in order ACC - STR - ATK. I wasn't sure if something is checking IT low eva, and we have a BRD / COR if its better to stack STR at that point.

What are your thoughts, what are your macros for your WS's / even your melee sets?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:03 pm 

Staryu wrote:
I've been curious for a while on what stats people are stacking for their WS's. I stack in order ACC - STR - ATK. I wasn't sure if something is checking IT low eva, and we have a BRD / COR if its better to stack STR at that point.

What are your thoughts, what are your macros for your WS's / even your melee sets?

You can google the stat modifiers for each Weapon skill. and you can use /checkparam to see your stats. The accuracy needed will vary based on each mob you fight, which you can check IT, high evasion, low evasion, high defense, low defense, etc... those are all indicators of your chance to hit it. When you change your gear and eat food, that check will adjust accordingly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:31 pm 

mello wrote:
Staryu wrote:

You can google the stat modifiers for each Weapon skill. and you can use /checkparam to see your stats. The accuracy needed will vary based on each mob you fight, which you can check IT, high evasion, low evasion, high defense, low defense, etc... those are all indicators of your chance to hit it. When you change your gear and eat food, that check will adjust accordingly.

Right. I know pentathrust is 20% STR 20% DEX. I just dont know if those stats are more valuable when using a 5 hit WS. If accuracy is more beneficial then stacking STR/DEX. Missing on those hits I feel like would lose more dmg. Couldn't find any good information on it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:38 pm 

Staryu wrote:
mello wrote:
Staryu wrote:

Right. I know pentathrust is 20% STR 20% DEX. I just dont know if those stats are more valuable when using a 5 hit WS. If accuracy is more beneficial then stacking STR/DEX. Missing on those hits I feel like would lose more dmg. Couldn't find any good information on it.

Generally, Yes, multi-hit weaponskills are important to make sure you have the highest chance possible at landing all hits.

When you check a monster, you'll know when to swap to a full DMG, full ACC, or mixed equipset.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Accuracy

-When using the check command on a monster, "low evasion" occurs when the attacker's accuracy is 10 or more higher than the defender's evasion. "High evasion" occurs when the attacker's accuracy is 31 or more lower than the defender's evasion.

-"Low evasion" indicates an 80% or higher Hit Rate on an Even Match monster; this will be higher or lower depending on the monster's level relative to your own.
Each point of accuracy raises your Hit Rate by 0.5%.

-Your Hit Rate cannot drop below 20% nor can it be raised beyond 95%, so adjusting accuracy above or below these limits will not have an effect on your Hit Rate. These limits also apply to a monster's accuracy as well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:54 am 

For Penta Thrust, I'd go for attack before STR or DEX. 20% mod isn't enough to care to stack them, and attack seems to boost damage for Penta pretty well. Still make sure you have plenty of ACC, gotta land the hits for them to do damage.