Lobby: Up
Online: 54
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: SMN Maat Fight advice
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:09 pm 

About to hit lv 70, how is the maat fight for SMN? I've read the guides on ffxiclopedia, will they pertain to nasomi as well? Any advice would be much appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:49 am 

Awesome, thanks for your input, i appreciate it. Im coming for you, Maat!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:53 am 

When i did Maat here as 70 smn i went on firesday, summon garuda/titan for buffs, rest to full, pop akamochi food,drink and run to just near maat circle ,summon ifrit, use ifrits crimson howl ward to buff his attack even more, assault with ifrit, Flaming crush for me did about 2500 (nearly one shotting him). sskin and blink blocked his 2hr from doing any dmg to me, but run back if u need to,ifrit had about 20% hp left after maat used AFlow and then i used a 2nd Flaming Crush to Finish him off.If u want bring a vile elixir just in case something goes wrong. Can use Astral flow also if you want for mp conservation.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:53 am 

I waited until I hit 70 and went in, buffed, popped a reraiser just in case, pulled out Ifrit since it was Firesday and hit him with Flaming Crush and then popped AF for the free perp cost. I then just hit /sit and lounged around out of his AF range at the edge of the BC until Ifrit won. Immediately sold back the Vile Elixir/+1 and Yag drinks I brought and went about my business.

Fight was pretty much a joke, unfortunately. It'd probably be a much bigger challenge at 66 without the lv70 BPs. I think luck plays a big role - if you get unlucky and you/your avatar don't resist his AF then it can go sour fast, but it ended up hitting Ifrit for like 6 damage or something silly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:47 pm 

Just did this the other day, was very easy. Went in on Windsday, Used Garuda. First predator claws took him to 60% and the second finished him. Didn't even need to resummon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:24 pm 

I did it on SMN 67; pretty much just buffed up with Aerial Armour/Earthen Ward, used whatever avatar was strong on the day, sent it in and used Astral Flow, ran off and resummoned, used Astral Flow again, had to kite Maats avatar around but I think he got finished off by auto attacks.