Lobby: Up
Online: 42
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:41 pm 

Hey there!

I've leveled my Summoner with both burn party and solo, but I have decided to throw together a guide for soloing the job all the way to 75, and other little things I have discovered about this job. This guide has basic kiting, macroing, and where to level, so there is meat along with the potatoes and carrots. This guide is too chonky for a topic thread, so I've written it on Google documents (I have a habit of doing that anyways), and it just barely touches 12 pages. You can read it here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YshZEkt9yln4_qfOqwDQREd0ODwrFU1IwYZZUdg1fcg/edit?usp=sharing

If you feel I have left something out, please let me know!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:17 pm 

One thing I didn't see included, is that if your pet has hate on a bomb that is self-destructing and you are in range (about to get blown up), you can survive and evade the death by Releasing your pet.

I use this on Bst with Leave while fighting bombs so that I can melee them and speed up the destructs without getting hit by them. Not as useful on Smn fighting bombs, but can still probably save some deaths when you are in range of getting blown up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:42 pm 

Ignore my response above, that's only true for Bst pets using Leave but not for Smn w/ Release. I play both and apparently got them confused, and almost just got blown up in Ifrit's Cauldron on my Smn :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:12 am 

Carby pull enmity is all whacked out now. As in I'm getting group aggro from an assault on a single target on my summoner. What happened? smn is nerfed?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:18 am 

dietrichxxi wrote:
Carby pull enmity is all whacked out now. As in I'm getting group aggro from an assault on a single target on my summoner. What happened? smn is nerfed?

Hi! Thanks for the question!

After this was written, Nasomi changed how enmity works. You will more than likely get hate after a swing or two now, so you may need to take a hit for Carby to hold hate. Even in Avatar Enmity + gear I occasionally need to take a swing so Fenrir or Carbuncle can hold hate.

Everything else still works great for summoner, you'll just need to adapt your pulling. I will update the guide soon for this.