Lobby: Up
Online: 45
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Smn Stats
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:00 pm 

Looking around these forums and reading posts, some of them older, has me questioning what stats are important for SMN.

I have read that SMN magic really does not increase anything that much other than increasing the chance of your summon coming up if your hit while summoning.

I know MND should be important, but again on this version I am not sure of anything so any info would help. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Smn Stats
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:56 am 

To elaborate:

1) Maximum mp should be self-evidently useful, but in addition you should look for ways to restore and/or mitigate mp usage. Generally this means:
2) An excellent mp recovered while healing set, and
3) Auto-refresh, which only exists on select body pieces. The most important for levelling purposes is a vermillion cloak.
4) Carbuncle's Mitts. Do whatever you can to have these at 20. They make the trial size avatars a breeze, soloing possible, and your life way better. You don't need Fenrir early, but you do need these asap.

Of secondary importance:

1) Avatar perpetuation reduction, the most obvious ones being things like austere robe and the cop chest pieces. These are useful for, well, reducing your perpetuation, but since that is less important in leveling party play (unless there's some kind of summoner burn thing that's different here) that should be of lesser priority. Vermillion cloak obsoletes this anyway (unless you have penance robe, but you won't).
2) Summoning magic skill: I don't know if summoning magic skill affects ward duration or avatar power here or not (it should, what a pointless exclusion otherwise), but regardless the options for increasing this before, like, evoker's ring at 71 are really expensive.

In party play you'll probably be called upon to heal, so both MND (for healing AND for stoneskin for defense) are both useful, as are enmity reduction pieces. Notable examples include items like the mycophile cuffs early and the crow set at 50.

Also, and you'll probably hate this, like all mages summoners benefit immensely from the elemental staves at 51. I feel that should go without saying. Lucky for you, summoner can coast on light and dark staff for a long time while you collect the others, and your priority ones are easier since wind and earth staff are second-tier popular.