Lobby: Up
Online: 55
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:52 pm 

Just curious of best places to find fire weather as i have been sitting between eastern and western altepa for almost a full day rl and no luck finding any. are there better places to look?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:29 pm 

I think that place is the best. I know it can show up in Valkurm as well, but it's rarer there. I'd ask your ls to keep an eye out and let you know if it's there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:33 pm 

luna wrote:
Just curious of best places to find fire weather as i have been sitting between eastern and western altepa for almost a full day rl and no luck finding any. are there better places to look?

Most people in game are more than willing to help and do not get mad if you send /tells for this particular thing. When I did my quest I would send /tells to anyone in the dunes, alteppa desert, and the jungles...asking if fire was out and if not if they would send me a tell if it ended up popping up while there. Complete strangers and everyone was willing to help.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:54 pm 

Cherripepsi wrote:
luna wrote:

Most people in game are more than willing to help and do not get mad if you send /tells for this particular thing. When I did my quest I would send /tells to anyone in the dunes, alteppa desert, and the jungles...asking if fire was out and if not if they would send me a tell if it ended up popping up while there. Complete strangers and everyone was willing to help.

This is 100% the way to go. Just go about your business doing other stuff and periodically send a /tell to someone in the zones you want to check. Even if I don't know someone is looking for it, I will almost always call out fire weather in LS chat when I see it because it can be so elusive to catch.

If you happen to have a level 65+ job already, buy an Altep Ring and just tele yourself there right before you log out. Then you'll have the chance to get it when you tele in and again when you log back in next time.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:37 pm 

Take note that SEASONS exist in FFXI. This means finding Fire weather is almost impossible outside of Summer.

You can check the current date ingame through your menu.

During Summer, Altepa Desert (West and East have 2 different weathers) and the Jungles (which also don't share weather) are the most likely places to find Fire.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:54 pm 

no worries did find it in desert just waiting on lightening now and then ill be the "cutest lvl 1 summoner" on server <3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:55 pm 

luna wrote:
no worries did find it in desert just waiting on lightening now and then ill be the "cutest lvl 1 summoner" on server <3

Jugner Forest is almost always lightning. It's one of the easier ones to get.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:57 pm 

I found it best to head to Rabao and fished their and checked the weather each game day. Their is a weather checker Amaja-Kumaja(taru near the Nomad Moogles) he will give you reports for:Altep deserts, Cape Terrigan, and Valkum Dunes, all three areas can have a heat wave as a possible weather.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:53 pm 

It seems that on Nasomi, each zones' weather is entirely independent from any 'shared' or 'regional' weather that may have existed on retail.

I have seen Dust (earth1) weather in Rabao, while both deserts were clear. I have seen dust in Valkurm, while Selbina was clear. I suspect this may be the case because he restructured how regions/zones were clustered.

While Vanadiel does have seasons, there was always a chance fire weather would occur in the desert atleast monthly.

The zones that have fire weather which aren't post Zilart zones, dungeons or cities are:
Highly common during game month 6, 7 & 8
Yhoator Jungle,
Yuhtunga Jungle,

Infrequent, once or twice a month regardless of season. more probable during 6-8.
Eastern Alteppa Desert,
Western Alteppa Desert,

Rarely, seasonal. spring, summer, autumn; game months 3-11
Valkurm Dunes,
Rolanberry Fields,
Meriphataud Mountains,
Cape Terrigan,
Valley of Sorrows

It seems that each of these zones have entirely independent weather.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:33 pm 

To add onto the info already in this thread for future readers: The only time a weather happens during the off months for an area is on that weather's elemental day. So if you're looking for fire weather, but it's the middle of winter. It's still possible for it to show up in the desert regions. It will ONLY happen on firesday, though. So you don't need to check the NPCs each day.

Also, there was an old site that used to track and list weather patterns. It's gone, but FFXIClopedia saved the monthly average weather graph, which can help you pin when the best time to look for each weather in each zone it. I've noticed it mostly lines up with Nasomi, other than various small differences (like double light weather in qufim during the day.)
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ffx ... 0425110810