Lobby: Up
Online: 37
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dual Box Avatar Wins?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:09 am 

How strong are the uncapped Avatar fights?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:19 am 

Duo'd everything except Fenrir with my SAM friend, me on WHM, at 75. No problem.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:16 am 

Uncapped or not. Avatars can use 2hr more than once in the fight. I've had up to 3 of them in one fight. Garduas healing move is broken so she recharges a rediculus amount of hp. Rdm bst smn perhaps even more can solo all but fenrir. Fenrir can b a bitch using 2nd more than once. I've had to have a full party of smns or blms with a rdm for refreshes in order to win. Diabolos is a bit harder to solo as rdm but can b done.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:11 am 

Easy solo for a 75 WHM for the 6 basic summons. I haven't mustered the courage to try Fenrir lol, but I want to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:46 am 

I dualboxed them all except Fenrir as RDM and THF the other day, wasn't too bad.
I dunno if I'd try it without barspells or some form of damage mitigation though personally.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:23 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
Easy solo for a 75 WHM for the 6 basic summons. I haven't mustered the courage to try Fenrir lol, but I want to.

Don't try and solo Fenrir on WHM. You will die. :(

I've solo'd them all on BST (and will happily do so for you for some cash) except Fenrir. I did duo that one with another BST but it was a tough fight just the two of us and based on how fast my own crab was getting hammered and subsequent kills with bigger groups, I'd say my duo partner was probably spamming dawns that I didn't notice during our duo. Would not recommend trying this way. Bring yourself a nice group of SMNs for Fenrir. Diabolos is slow going on BST but quite doable and safe. If you bring mages to cast while CC tanks, it'll go a lot faster.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:20 pm 

I've solo'd the 6 celestials on BLM/RDM, but with so many recent changes I'm not sure if it's still doable or not.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:50 pm 

Guedj wrote:
Concepcion wrote:

I've solo'd them all on BST (and will happily do so for you for some cash) except Fenrir. I did duo that one with another BST but it was a tough fight just the two of us and based on how fast my own crab was getting hammered and subsequent kills with bigger groups, I'd say my duo partner was probably spamming dawns that I didn't notice during our duo. Would not recommend trying this way. Bring yourself a nice group of SMNs for Fenrir. Diabolos is slow going on BST but quite doable and safe. If you bring mages to cast while CC tanks, it'll go a lot faster.

I’m guessing WHM can survive Fenrir’s 2 hours due to MDB, so it seems like a decent job to try it with.
I would play it like a rdm/nin and also use refresh drinks.
I have a pretty good solo gearset. with RR3, the attempts won’t cost much if I fail.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:22 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
Guedj wrote:
Concepcion wrote:

I’m guessing WHM can survive Fenrir’s 2 hours due to MDB, so it seems like a decent job to try it with.
I would play it like a rdm/nin and also use refresh drinks.
I have a pretty good solo gearset. with RR3, the attempts won’t cost much if I fail.

The issue with BST solo is not dying, but time. Can't do enough dmg before the timer runs out. Not sure if WHM/NIN could do enough dmg before the timer runs out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 am 

I managed to be beat 5/6 of the regulars running 75Nin & 68Whm.
No real problems, they don't hit hard and accuracy is meh.
Only hiccup was when I forgot to put up Baraero against Garuda and ate a 1427dmg 2hr but other than that it's fine :roll:

Now more farming fame for Levi...