Lobby: Up
Online: 28
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Questions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:23 am 

I only briefly played Blue on retail so I don't understand all the ins and outs, but I have some questions how it works here:

Do I understand correctly that physical blue magic spells are based off accuracy? Not just in chance to miss, but in chance to hit but do 0 damage? That being the case, if I'm using a sword, and I merit it on another job, will that improve my ability to hit (and not do 0 damage) with blue magic here?

I'm seeing many magical based blue spells are messed up here - is there a kit for leveling (blue/nin or blue/war preferably)? Or a list of spells in general that do work properly?

I feel like a waste in parties, my spells never ever seem to hit, always just land for 0 damage. That said, is there a enfeebling/enhancing kit for blue (that isn't straight healing) pre 75?

I'm still low level, I'm only trying to level it now because I think its the most interesting job...but man it seems like it's gonna be a difficult road. Do we have word from Nas if any kind of fix is on the horizon?

Post subject: Re: Questions
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:53 pm 

melee accuracy does increase accuracy of physical spells and reduces chance of a miss hit dealing 0 damage. Sword merits will be a big help for both acc + att.

The reason spells do not do much damage is due to the attack rating and pDif value generated vs a mob 7-8 lvls+ higher than you in combination with a slightly underwhelming DMG value that is calculated for physical spells.

For magical spells like bomb toss, with magic attack bonus (sound blast + cursed sphere) and a decent int set the nukes can do a fair amount of damage, more when you use burst affinity.

For parties Blu/whm can main heal parties lvl 30+ with wild carrot and healing breeze (set clear mind and have MND gear). Alternatively, I levelled blue mage (only lvl 46 atm) mostly via low man blu burn vs mobs 5-7 lvls higher with 3-4 blue mage. It is a fun set-up but works best at lvl 24+, if lower mix in a blm or 2. If you ever want to try it out send me a message in-game