Lobby: Up
Online: 65
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:27 am 

Heya guys,

I've been playing BLU quite a bit now between original retail and Nasomi and I'm relatively familiar with the mechanics, however, I've experienced significant M. ACC issues particularly with the spell Filamented Hold. Usually with capped skill and Magus Jubbah, spells like Frightful Roar would land 85-90%+ of the time on experience mobs. Filamented Hold however hasn't landed once. For contect, I'm currently lvl 72 and have tried on dunes/Qufim mobs. I will say that I don't have a M. ACC build per se and just stack on BLU Skill + for effects such as this, but I never needed to have a devoted M. Acc setup on retail either.

The general consensus from speaking with other Blue Mages is that Magic Accuracy is a lot poorer on Nasomi than retail but maybe that's era-accurate.

Has anyone else experience similar issues?

Best,

Rivia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:51 am 

Update - spell landed on 60+ attempt on a too weak crab in Qufim. Wondering if I need to equip earth staff for this which kinda defeats the purpose when solo'ing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:18 am 

Dublin123 wrote:
Update - spell landed on 60+ attempt on a too weak crab in Qufim. Wondering if I need to equip earth staff for this which kinda defeats the purpose when solo'ing.

Good to see you back on BLU Rivia, hoping you finished Bard and broke your LB5!

I kinda just rolled with the punches on BLU spells, finally realizing only Sandspin and Frightful Roar seemed consistent, along with Actinic Burst on cooldown to help make it to Utsusemi recast timers if soloing. The great bulk of BLU spells seem too costly, or don't seem to land, or wear off too fast, or a disgusting combination of all 3 :-(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:31 pm 

Yo Knarl! How you doing?

Yea, got back into it after completing and meritting some on BRD. (BRDs just my ticket to meritting and getting invites to stuff for BLU :)
Yeah, I'll be sticking with frightful roar, actinic burst and back to the old reliable sprout smack for slow. It's a shame because Filamented Hold was really helpful back in 75 era on retail. Occassionally could time Utsu: Ichi between mobs auto attack rounds.

PS. I still need a small few spells so gonna work on that after I hit 75 (sickeningly close). Exuviation will probably be the trickiest :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:08 pm 

I've only played BLU75 "recently" on Nas, but my understanding is that BLU has basically had two eras here: The era of magic based spells being useful, and the era of physical based spells being useful. We're in that second era.

I really only go BLU to wyrms and sometimes coney, though, so my spell lists are entirely optimized around creating Light and utility purposes.

http://rfklinkshell.com/