Lobby: Up
Online: 25
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wild Oat Woes
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:27 pm 

New BLU starting out here. I had no trouble following this guide and I'm level 11 currently. Got every spell along the way starting in San d'Oria, so I had to wait a bit to get pollen, cocoon, etc. in sarutabaruta.

Well, now I'm trying to get Wild Oats and I'm going on 8 hours now. The Mandragoras are using it, but I can't learn it. Am I doing something wrong? Like I said, I'm lv 11, blu magic capped, hitting with bare fists to build tp. Any ideas? Just unlucky?

Post subject: Re: Wild Oat Woes
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:44 pm 

I think it's just bad luck. I'm new here too and picked that up a few weeks ago. It took a little time but like 2 hours tops. Hang in there! Stay patient - I found most spells after the first 10 levels or so actually faster to acquire but could just be luck.

Oh also! Remember to keep Blue Magic skill capped. If you haven't already. Spam pollen til it's capped and it should help you learn other spells faster.

Post subject: Re: Wild Oat Woes
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:07 am 

Learning spells is pure RNG, some of them can be atrocious depending on your luck. There's only 2 ways to improve your odds:
1) The BLU AF1 hands boost the 'drop chance' of spells. (You're obviously waaaaay off those).
2) Hunt mobs that are a higher level than you. I'm not sure if an increasing gap improves the chance (I.E IT better than T), but mobs with higher level than you definately improve your odds.

Levelling cooking cause I be cheesing these fights.
Professional Monster Muncher, Legendary Hobo.