Lobby: Up
Online: 42
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Blue mage status
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:00 pm 

Have there been any updates to the class? Anyone know?

Post subject: Re: Blue mage status
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:11 pm 

as of 2 days ago phys acc is still ass, and SA doesnt work with Cannonball.

Mag acc is still not the best, but Mind Blast is too potent/powerful so just go full mnd build and be a nuker / :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:30 pm 

Ty for the quick response! Will hope for the best :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:34 pm 

Any lower level blue mage spells especially good? Does blue mage make a decent subjob? :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:13 pm 

headbutt n bludgeon till 58 fhp, get auto refresh n other traits asap.

use /checkparam <me>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:10 am 

Thanks for the tips :) only level 7 now will give it a try. Hopefully the magic accuracy/ phys accuracy isn't TOO bad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:21 pm 

So it seems like I either do a lot of damage which I assume is the regular accuracy, or I do 0 damage. Definitely somethings not right. Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond. I'll keep leveling it since Blu is probably my favorite class of the series behind summoner which I've heard has similar issues with accuracy. The exp weekend was fun though even if the class isn't quite up to speed.
I wonder if raising the Blue magic skill cap would alleviate some of the issue and act like a bandaid until the accuracy problems are fleshed out. It seemed like the higher my blue magic skill the more damage I did, but it was still really random (0-60 points of damage, can't really tell what makes it do one or the other)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:06 am 

the big thing is that you stun with headbutt dont worry about doing dmg at early levels, get the important debuff spells and stay on top of those

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:45 am 

Does the debuff portion of the attacks seem to work properly? It's hard to tell with my limited experience and since it doesn't show up in the log until you use it again and it says no effect.
I'm going to get head butt now... Dunes are difficult to navigate at level 15 lol, but I'll get to konschat eventually. Still really liking the debuff/support aspects of the job even if my damage is unreliable at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:43 pm 

So - Blu has been in the patch spotlight as of late, but personally, I haven't really experienced an increase in power spike when it comes to contributing in an experience pty. At lvl 59, I feel my BLU is exactly the same as before the changes, minus the fact that combat log has changed - in the past I would get a lot of "xxx hits for 0 dmg", whereas now it gives a different message along the lines of "Has no effect on".

I tried subbing on /THF as well, and to my dismay, it doesn't really pull the big numbers. I mainly tried Sneak attack with Uppercut, Sickle slash and mandibular bite, but didn't get satisfying results with either of them, even when pairing them with Chain affinity.

I am very curious on how BLU plays at 75 now and what intel people have on BLU post-patch. Is MND-stacking Caster Mind Blast BLU still a thing at 75 or did that get busted? (patch notes simply state that Mind blast, among other spells, has received an adjustment) Has physical BLU become viable at 75? I guess I am asking, cause I am sorta timid about leveling the job further, if its only benefit (nuker) got oblivated completely, without another role/playstyle(Physical blu?) rising to take its spot. Afterall, BLU takes a lot of time to level, and especially at 60, many of its core spells are very hard to obtain due to being from Toau (which only got harder with SMNs and BSTs taking a hit in their abillity to tackle those areas)..

Guess I am asking if Mind control is still decent, and if it is not, is something else?

Sincerly, Fluxi