Lobby: Up
Online: 39
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: Blue mage status
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:39 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Ase wrote:
All we are saying is give us a chance.
Level 65 exp party
Now of course these ones were with Chain Affinity, but that's where you expect to do great dmg. Average 400 sata Death Scissors and 3-500 frenetic rips between big dmg adds up ontop of offhealing and debuffing with things like frightful roar/infrasonics etc. . .

If BLU would get treated to proper bard buffs, things would look different, but you usually end up with attack buffs which don't help us like they do real melees, while STR/DEX etudes help us all out :/. Running in without proper buffs is not real test results, everyone goes out of their way to buff melee DDs, SMNs or BLMs with appropriate bard/cor buffs, but we do not get these luxuries.

I'm often lfg on BLU and understandably don't get invites, but maybe you just haven't exp'd with the right BLU yet :)

As a BRD that gets pretty decent reviews, serious question: What songs do BLUs want? Most I party with don't have a freaking clue when I ask, so yeah.. I give them the same as other DD.

Etudes for whichever stat their main spell dmg is. Typically STR or dex etudes. STR etudes also help the big dd ws, win win

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:53 pm 

Ase wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:
Ase wrote:
All we are saying is give us a chance.
Level 65 exp party
Now of course these ones were with Chain Affinity, but that's where you expect to do great dmg. Average 400 sata Death Scissors and 3-500 frenetic rips between big dmg adds up ontop of offhealing and debuffing with things like frightful roar/infrasonics etc. . .

If BLU would get treated to proper bard buffs, things would look different, but you usually end up with attack buffs which don't help us like they do real melees, while STR/DEX etudes help us all out :/. Running in without proper buffs is not real test results, everyone goes out of their way to buff melee DDs, SMNs or BLMs with appropriate bard/cor buffs, but we do not get these luxuries.

I'm often lfg on BLU and understandably don't get invites, but maybe you just haven't exp'd with the right BLU yet :)

As a BRD that gets pretty decent reviews, serious question: What songs do BLUs want? Most I party with don't have a freaking clue when I ask, so yeah.. I give them the same as other DD.

Etudes for whichever stat their main spell dmg is. Typically STR or dex etudes. STR etudes also help the big dd ws, win win

Actually appreciate it. Thanks, Ase. I'll keep that in mind going forward. The few BLU's I've partied with.. have done fine, but not spectacular, and generally just run back to get Ballad from time to time, and otherwise get melee songs.

I'll ask them if they want to try and work something out, and they say no.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:48 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Ase wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:

Actually appreciate it. Thanks, Ase. I'll keep that in mind going forward. The few BLU's I've partied with.. have done fine, but not spectacular, and generally just run back to get Ballad from time to time, and otherwise get melee songs.

I'll ask them if they want to try and work something out, and they say no.

Of course bud.

Scaggles wrote:
lol I didn't say you were wrong, just pointing out the fact that you're an already 75 BLU with full merits and you're one of, if not the, best BLUs on the server. That's all, and it does make a noticeable difference. Recent adjustments have also helped a little, spells land more reliably now. If anything the narrow sync range we have pretty consistently now is what hurts invites for the job the most.

Thanks, ^^ definitely put more time into it than others. Glad to hear the m.eva changes have helped. Hopefully BLUs are able to get assistance on learning key spells from toau in the 60s, at the very least Zephyr Mantle is life altering.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:18 pm 

Ase wrote:

Thanks, ^^ definitely put more time into it than others. Glad to hear the m.eva changes have helped. Hopefully BLUs are able to get assistance on learning key spells from toau in the 60s, at the very least Zephyr Mantle is life altering.

Yeah it was a good step in the right direction, and BLM doesn't get resisted nearly as much either so I'm very happy with that. I just wasn't having a great time exping on BLU, before or after the first round of recent changes, so hopefully there will be more positive changes to come.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:43 am 

Hey just messing around with cannonball numbers. Sa adds a % increase does trick atk do as well? Also the tp bonus from the merit worth it?

Im liking convergence working as well... The magic acc definately helps

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:58 am 

Tororu wrote:
Hey just messing around with cannonball numbers. Sa adds a % increase does trick atk do as well? Also the tp bonus from the merit worth it?

Im liking convergence working as well... The magic acc definately helps

Enchainment works and if you're specializing your blu for melee I'd suggest it. Trick attack does not add dmg or modifiers unless thf main

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:44 pm 

Any July updates? Whats the state of Blu now? Ive started leveling it and I want to know what doesn't work, whats missing, and what to expect!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:05 pm 

KuriGohan wrote:
Any July updates? Whats the state of Blu now? Ive started leveling it and I want to know what doesn't work, whats missing, and what to expect!

Chain affinity is currently related to zone crashes, assimilation merits don't work, exuviation is missing, expect to spend time between levels learning spells.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:01 pm 

Does that aoe flash aburst spell from sea floor mob accuracy? Or just a %?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:53 am 

Blu is currently unplayable in party if you intend to dd with Chain Affinity. Zone crashing is too easy to do. It can also be easily abused.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next