Lobby: Up
Online: 37
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: Blue mage status
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:52 am 

Sneak Attack spells can and often do, fail to activate no matter how directly behind the target you are. Recorded a bit of the pain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:50 am 

I would just like to report that chain affinity zone crashing is no longer a thing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:49 am 

people still seem to have this fear that blu mage crashes zone kinda annoys the crap out of me am i missing something on that front or is all fixed?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:08 am 

how about blu af helm is it working? someone said quest is broken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:23 pm 

It seems that AF2 (Feet) is currently not working. The decorated door to the fight in the Execution chamber doesn't allow you into the Immortal Flan fight :(

Last edited by ChronosXIII on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:28 pm 

Just to clarify, and I'm sorry I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but my memory is terrible, I'm under the impression that physical accuracy does not affect physical blue magic on Nasomi as it did on retail? Or am I misunderstanding?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:43 pm 

I've just done some testing and can confirm that the version of Clear Mind that BLU gets is not the same as the version that BLM gets. I have only tested this for the first rank of CM as that is all I have access to on BLU at the moment. My BLU is level 33 and so setting BLM to my BLU subjob ensures that my BLM only provides the first rank of the trait for comparison.

BLU CM:
Starting MP: 134
Tick 1 MP: 146 (+12)
Tick 2 MP: 160 (+14)
Tick 3 MP: 176 (+16)
BLU CM appears to add a +1 to the cumulative tick bonus with no flat bonus.

BLM CM:
Starting MP: 2
Tick 1 MP: 17 (+15)
Tick 2 MP: 33 (+16)
Tick 3 MP: 50 (+17)
As expected, BLM CM adds a flat +3 MP bonus to each tick of regen.

BLM CM + BLU CM:
Starting MP: 144
Tick 1 MP: 159 (+15)
Tick 2 MP: 176 (+17)
Tick 3 MP: 195 (+19)
Interestingly, the two variants of the trait do appear to stack.

In effect, this means that the BLU version of the trait will require the player to rest for a cumulative 80s (7 ticks) and regain a minimum of 126 MP (with no other MPwH bonuses) before the two traits have provided an equal amount of MP (BLM CM: 7*3=21 MP vs BLU CM: 0+1+2+3+4+5+6=21 MP). I do not know if this discrepancy is intentional or not, but I can find no indication that CM1 ever behaved this way on retail. It appears that each rank of CM always added a flat +3 bonus with the +1 cumulative bonus being added in addition to the flat bonus at CM3.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:15 pm 

Newish player that has started to level up Blu. I recently talked to a level 50ish Blu that said he was enjoying the class but was frustrated because AF armor quest was broken (again I take it) and due to that was shelving Blu for now until he could get the AF. After reading this thread that doesnt appear to be the case, unless this is a very recent development. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? If so do we have an ETA on the fix?

Id also like to ask if I just leveled it anyway without the AF would I be facing an uphill battle in terms of functionality? (Spells missing most of the time and/or same for additional effects) I mean I'd like to have the iconic look as well, but for me it would be function over style.

Is there anything else I should know? And is there a reason when I do a /sea I never see that many Blue Mages?

I do know there is an up coming Q&A, so maybe some Blu things will be addressed, but figured Id ask here first.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:43 pm 

I second your concern. I think I read somewhere recently that if you do the AF quests in a certain order all is well? Could very well be wrong :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:56 pm 

beetee867 wrote:
I second your concern. I think I read somewhere recently that if you do the AF quests in a certain order all is well? Could very well be wrong :?

viewtopic.php?p=33932#p33005

Hands > body > legs is the order

Head is not available (Kappa)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next