Online: 96
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Blue mage status
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:25 am 

Papadaku wrote:
its nasomi mid night for all AF blu gear after first one. i.e 12 EST i have all the blu AF gear.

Well that sucks. Even at era it was always JP midnight to start a new piece. But once you trade the items, it was only a game day to get your piece.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:57 am 

"fixed blu BCNM" maintenance 11/17!

yeah, no. Just ran out to the chamber for god knows how many times now. Killed the flan, stuck in the fight, no credit.

The woes of private servers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:42 am 

As someone who just started levelling BLU (lvl20 currently), mainly because I really like its concept as a class etc...would you say that it's worth it levelling one up? The class seems fun, but I don't really feel like "wasting time" if nobody will ever invite me while other classes are seeking, or it straight up feeling bad/weak numbers-wise.
To be fair, I haven't seen a lot of BLUs around either.

Judging from this topic, it doesn't seem to be that good unless you invest tons of money and time for gear/sword merits...and even then, most other DDs do a much better job with way less (same goes for healers, which have better utility with refresh/haste).

Should I just level another class up and wait for BLUs to "get better" or should I stick with it? The whole learning ALL the spells & such is already as time consuming as levelling in general...but if in the end it feels bad/weak I don't know if I wanna invest the time (and money) into it...I'd rather keep lvling my other jobs (BST/WHM).

Thanks in advance for the info.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:51 pm 

Musicist wrote:
As someone who just started levelling BLU (lvl20 currently), mainly because I really like its concept as a class etc...would you say that it's worth it levelling one up? The class seems fun, but I don't really feel like "wasting time" if nobody will ever invite me while other classes are seeking, or it straight up feeling bad/weak numbers-wise.

Judging from this topic, it doesn't seem to be that good unless you invest tons of money and time for gear/sword merits...and even then, most other DDs do a much better job with way less (same goes for healers, which have better utility with refresh/haste).

Should I just level another class up and wait for BLUs to "get better" or should I stick with it? The whole learning ALL the spells & such is already as time consuming as levelling in general...but if in the end it feels bad/weak I don't know if I wanna invest the time (and money) into it...I'd rather keep lvling my other jobs (BST/WHM).

BLU never becomes an "optimal" job imo, but I do recommend leveling it if you enjoy the flavor of the job.

There are some things BLU can do such as niche tanking and AoE cleaving. It's also "cheap" in the sense that you don't have to pay for spells, but it's probably offset by the amount of gear you need to perform well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:37 pm 

Musicist wrote:

blu is the true jack of all trades master of none , others tank better , heal better, debuff better , and DD better , Blu can spike some amazing numbers with proper setup , and is self-sustainable.

isnt a useless job , but dont expect fast invites.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:10 am 

warlyx wrote:

blu is the true jack of all trades master of none , others tank better , heal better, debuff better , and DD better , Blu can spike some amazing numbers with proper setup , and is self-sustainable.

isnt a useless job , but dont expect fast invites.

Kumatora wrote:

BLU never becomes an "optimal" job imo, but I do recommend leveling it if you enjoy the flavor of the job.

There are some things BLU can do such as niche tanking and AoE cleaving. It's also "cheap" in the sense that you don't have to pay for spells, but it's probably offset by the amount of gear you need to perform well.

Guess I'll focus on other jobs then...even if the concept for the class is cool and all, I'd rather be useful with a little effort rather than strive just to be decent.

Thanks for the info

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:19 pm 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
the whole point of the job is the access to be able to do everything, just like RDM. it's not gonna be A+ in damage/healing/tanking/etc, but it's very good at everything in 99% of scenarios.

I kind of think of it like Blu can build itself to perform pretty well at one maybe two roles at a time while Rdm tries to be a bit of all the roles at the same time. Blu can mimic whatever class their group needs, and that's their real strength, like you said.