Lobby: Up
Online: 43
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next
 Post subject: Re: Blue mage status
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:04 pm 

All we are saying is give us a chance.
Level 65 exp party
Now of course these ones were with Chain Affinity, but that's where you expect to do great dmg. Average 400 sata Death Scissors and 3-500 frenetic rips between big dmg adds up ontop of offhealing and debuffing with things like frightful roar/infrasonics etc. . .

If BLU would get treated to proper bard buffs, things would look different, but you usually end up with attack buffs which don't help us like they do real melees, while STR/DEX etudes help us all out :/. Running in without proper buffs is not real test results, everyone goes out of their way to buff melee DDs, SMNs or BLMs with appropriate bard/cor buffs, but we do not get these luxuries.

I'm often lfg on BLU and understandably don't get invites, but maybe you just haven't exp'd with the right BLU yet :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:29 am 

Ase wrote:
Level 65 exp party
Now of course these ones were with Chain Affinity, but that's where you expect to do great dmg. Average 400 sata Death Scissors and 3-500 frenetic rips between big dmg adds up ontop of offhealing and debuffing with things like frightful roar/infrasonics etc. . .

If BLU would get treated to proper bard buffs, things would look different, but you usually end up with attack buffs which don't help us like they do real melees, while STR/DEX etudes help us all out :/. Running in without proper buffs is not real test results, everyone goes out of their way to buff melee DDs, SMNs or BLMs with appropriate bard/cor buffs, but we do not get these luxuries.

I'm often lfg on BLU and understandably don't get invites, but maybe you just haven't exp'd with the right BLU yet :)

Keep in mind this is with, I'd have to assume, capped merits on an already 75 BLU, a BLU leveling up probably isn't going to hit this hard or consistently.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:26 pm 

Scaggles wrote:
Ase wrote:
Level 65 exp party

Keep in mind this is with, I'd have to assume, capped merits on an already 75 BLU, a BLU leveling up probably isn't going to hit this hard or consistently.

Keep in mind, My 75 BLU does not need an exp party, I'm going out there and trying to help change the mindset of it's current state. What real reason do I have to go into a lvl 60ish exp party and test out all these gearsets, spellsets and other things for? What do I need knowledge of how blu functions in exp nowadays for? Am I going to lay out exact details of my testing and results and how/when I do things, nope, not anymore. Are there perhaps some things some of you guys can do differently to perform better? Probably.

I've been doing extensive blu mage testing and theory crafting for well over a year on nasomi. I've pioneered a nuking blu which sparked a wave of blus to level up, fielded question and gave thorough answers to countless people who have asked me, even helping competing LS blus figure things out. I've spent probably 100+ merit points changing around my blu merits as I learned nuances or as the meta changes from numerous updates. Now I'm getting all these level 60ish gearsets to see it's potential in exp parties and instead of maybe trying some new things that maybe you haven't tried yet, you cut down my post, yet again, as you do with pretty much every one of my posts.

Maybe you should be siding with my posts a little bit more instead of continuing to say how terrible it is in exp. Maybe you still wouldn't get invites but it's certainly isn't helping your cause by telling Myupih and I that we're wrong about blu. I was also landing frightful roars and infrasonics at a very high rate with my sword equipped, and stole probably 60% of berserks from dhalmels at 67 with Voracious Trunk, adding in magic fruits when needed. Sure my merits help me, but you make it sound like I go from trash to god with a couple skill merits.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:50 pm 

u getting impressive numbers on 70+? Hysteric barrage, cannonball, disseverment, frentic , etc?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:06 pm 

Tororu wrote:
u getting impressive numbers on 70+? Hysteric barrage, cannonball, disseverment, frentic , etc?

Haven't tried at 70 specifically, but at 75 in meripo it's just fine. I feel like Disseverment and Hysteric Barrage are weaker than they were previously, we used to benefit from attack on spell dmg, so 5hits felt good, now they don't seem as strong having to stack acc/stat. Cball is probably slightly weaker than it should be but still performs well, with or without CASA.
In mis coast, Frenetic rip does like 5-700 dmg with no buffs, consistently. 1k-1700+ Vcleaves, Death Scissors is still good at 75 as well(From the testing I've done, at full tp Death Scissors is the second highest DMG spell I've seen at 2.1k). Frightful Roar lands with 90% or more acc with swords equipped and Pinecomb Bomb is actually awesome ^^. Hell, a buddy of mine heals meripo on blu and we do endless chains with no problems, :D and he can still open SC with CA cannonball from a safe distance, lol.

I'm still quite interested in BLU burning, as we would actually get buffs specified for us, to really push the limits.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:22 pm 

How is BLU in endgame currently? Are we at all where we were at-era, using SACA Cannonball spam on NMs?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:33 pm 

Volkaru wrote:
How is BLU in endgame currently? Are we at all where we were at-era, using SACA Cannonball spam on NMs?

You can most certainly do that, the one thing I have noticed though, Cannonball doesn't land while Tia/Jorm are in the air, which is wrong (HOPEFULLY Nasomi will fix this, but I don't want to bug him for more blu things :D I want AF first!). So just make adjustments and don't be dumb about it ^^; safety first, then team work. Of course it's not what all us 75 blus want it to be anymore, where we were the top dps on anyfight, but it still works on a number of fights and my blu is still often requested for events.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:55 pm 

it fits many play styles if u wanna just nuke... heal... pld.... nin... you can play like every role in a party so you find what you like and you can be it

loving sc light still cause that drives cannonball numbers up there, makin 1k cannonballs be up there too and the sc mind blast is nice but the paralyze is definately nerfed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:21 am 

Ase wrote:
Scaggles wrote:

Keep in mind, My 75 BLU does not need an exp party, I'm going out there and trying to help change the mindset of it's current state. What real reason do I have to go into a lvl 60ish exp party and test out all these gearsets, spellsets and other things for? What do I need knowledge of how blu functions in exp nowadays for? Am I going to lay out exact details of my testing and results and how/when I do things, nope, not anymore. Are there perhaps some things some of you guys can do differently to perform better? Probably.

I've been doing extensive blu mage testing and theory crafting for well over a year on nasomi. I've pioneered a nuking blu which sparked a wave of blus to level up, fielded question and gave thorough answers to countless people who have asked me, even helping competing LS blus figure things out. I've spent probably 100+ merit points changing around my blu merits as I learned nuances or as the meta changes from numerous updates. Now I'm getting all these level 60ish gearsets to see it's potential in exp parties and instead of maybe trying some new things that maybe you haven't tried yet, you cut down my post, yet again, as you do with pretty much every one of my posts.

Maybe you should be siding with my posts a little bit more instead of continuing to say how terrible it is in exp. Maybe you still wouldn't get invites but it's certainly isn't helping your cause by telling Myupih and I that we're wrong about blu. I was also landing frightful roars and infrasonics at a very high rate with my sword equipped, and stole probably 60% of berserks from dhalmels at 67 with Voracious Trunk, adding in magic fruits when needed. Sure my merits help me, but you make it sound like I go from trash to god with a couple skill merits.

lol I didn't say you were wrong, just pointing out the fact that you're an already 75 BLU with full merits and you're one of, if not the, best BLUs on the server. That's all, and it does make a noticeable difference. Recent adjustments have also helped a little, spells land more reliably now. If anything the narrow sync range we have pretty consistently now is what hurts invites for the job the most.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:27 pm 

Ase wrote:
Level 65 exp party

As a BRD that gets pretty decent reviews, serious question: What songs do BLUs want? Most I party with don't have a freaking clue when I ask, so yeah.. I give them the same as other DD.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next