Lobby: Up
Online: 86
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:49 pm 

I know I started lvling BLU and was having fun, but then started feeling how underwhelming the dmg was on a lot of the spells so I stopped.

Its still usable but just not enough to justify doing so much effort for the spells, especailly with aht uhthran being in the state it is. no AF, and almost impossible to get the higher lvl spells.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:49 am 

Watching you play blue regardless of the gimps Aselius is the whole reason I want go unlock and play it. Even with the crap you play it well! I just keep putting off finishing the quest for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:07 pm 

Aselius wrote:
Just some screen shots of solo action in sky level 67/68 vs very tough magic pots. While blu certainly isn't what it should/could be, can still do some pretty amazing things.

;xxxx

Although Blue Mage, where killing trash enemies and such is concerned, is weaker than it was on retail, amusingly when it comes to Endgame the broken state of BLU makes it more useful than it ever was in era retail. BLU for the most part, was garbage against high level enemies, with the exception of BLU/THF cannonball. Although, that only made BLU able to actually contribute, it didn't make it good, as a RNG would fill the same role and do a better job of it.

Here on Nasomi though, you have op feather tickle, giving BLU a unique role which is rather considerable. I'd argue it being too overpowered, but I struggle to care at this point with everything else wrong with the server as it stands.

So, while it is a mess, there is a bright side. Though, that is, only if you're looking to get into endgame.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:21 pm 

Myupih has been considering taking a hard look at this job as he knows it decently well from retail. I've offered to help in any way I can (that isn't too time consuming) and then together bring the results to Nasomi for evaluation when they form a cohesive whole. Don't know if this will get off the ground but at least it's something.

I think a spell tweak here and there won't be enough, someone who knows blu really needs to pop the hood and get it all done right in one fell swoop. I'm not crazy about how feather tickle currently functions, but I wouldn't want to see that nerfed unless things like SATA cannonball get functioning at the same time to give the job fresh relevance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:45 pm 

I was considering playing Blue Mage, specifically BLU/BST, because it just seems like a strictly better version of Beastmaster, a job that I like quite a bit. Just having Cocoon, Pollen and Sprout Smack are reason enough to want to play it as /BST. Can you guys maybe elaborate a little bit on the things that don't work? I know that people said the Magic Accuracy was pretty bad compared to retail, but what else is actually broken beyond what you listed? Generally speaking as /BST I don't care about dealing damage with my spells, I'm way more interested in utility, but knowing for 75 would be nice.

Edit: PS Deadwing since we're making demands fix Tame thanks.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:34 am 

Well, since everyone is name dropping me, I guess I'm sort of obligated to reply to Gwei's request (Inc wall of text!) XP

From what I've seen there are a large variety of problems with BLU here, both with how damage is actually calculated and with how specific spells function.

Some spells have just been coded incorrectly. Dimensional Death has a higher multiplier at 0% TP than at 150% or 300%, you will deal almost half damage if use you chain affinity and cast it with TP :lol: Mysterious Light and Eyes on Me have lower stat mods than they should, someone apparently pulled stat mods out of their hind end and assigned them to 1000 Needles (It doesn't just deal 1000 damage), etc. It's too long to list :P

The way blue magic works and the way damage is calculated it also wrong in ways I'm poking around. All spells can be casted at 21', even physical spells, certain spells should center on the caster or fire an AoE originating from the caster to the target, but just center on the target here.

Last edited by Myupih on Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:41 pm 

Feather Tickle lowers enemy TP, right? What's so busted about it on Nasomi? Does it have the same potency as the actual Colibri Feather Tickle? (Which if I remember from retail was like 80~120 TP drop?)

If so that seems incredibly valuable for lowering monster damage output.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:35 pm 

Gweivyth wrote:
Feather Tickle lowers enemy TP, right? What's so busted about it on Nasomi? Does it have the same potency as the actual Colibri Feather Tickle? (Which if I remember from retail was like 80~120 TP drop?)

I don't know how much TP it wipes on Nasomi, but the redeeming note here is it always lands, always. It cannot be resisted, even if you were Lv.60 or whatever level is necessary to learn it, and cast it on a level 99 enemy naked with 0 gear and 0 Blue Magic Skill, it would still land with 100% accuracy.

On retail, against enemies IT it'd have poor accuracy pending gear/skill, but vs. HNM? The land rate was literally so bad it was a wasted spell slot.

So, as you can imagine, the ability to wipe enemies TP, particularly bosses, with 100% land rate is absurdly over powered, especially if a strategy is used to keep TP gain under fair control (such as using BLMs). I'm not certain on the recast, but given the fact it never misses you can cast it full-on haste gear/fast cast, and lock an enemy down unless it has noticeable amounts of Regain.

Frankly, I'd say it's something that warrants an immediate fix, regardless of the current state Blue Mage is in. I've stopped caring about it though at this point, as there is simply a myriad of over powered things on this server that this simply becomes a rock among many other rocks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:29 pm 

Insight wrote:
Gweivyth wrote:

I don't know how much TP it wipes on Nasomi, but the redeeming note here is it always lands, always. It cannot be resisted, even if you were Lv.60 or whatever level is necessary to learn it, and cast it on a level 99 enemy naked with 0 gear and 0 Blue Magic Skill, it would still land with 100% accuracy.

Yeah that sounds an awful lot like how it is for monsters, too. Colibri Feather Tickle always landed on player characters and it was obnoxious in melee burn parties because you would essentially get punished for doing the most damage.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:03 pm 

You heard it here, we need to build a wall to keep Blue Mages in Aht Urghan.