Lobby: Up
Online: 39
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:49 am 

Strael lol nice write up but I justttt mentioned feather barrier did nothing but stat boosts if any and you said its great lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:34 am 

Strael wrote:
I have heard there is talk of nerfing our main damage spell, Mind Blast. I see less than zero reason why this should be the case. Even if it is factually true that it can do 2,500+ on VERY SPECIFIC ENEMIES like some Gods, the reality is that a Black Mage can cast another spell from twice the distance away that will mean more damage than our one spell (sure, at the cost of more MP) while we're waiting 30 seconds on our recast timer to do Mind Blast again, at 9.9 yalms. This is not a complaint, merely a logical reason to not change the one great thing about the job.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:31 pm 

wow, this post completely flew under my radar for over a year. o.o

I still think that BLU could use some more tweaking; I had BLU to 75 before cap on retail, and it seems OP in some areas, and (Too weak) in others on here. That's mostly why I've delayed levelling it again here (as well as being pretty broken for a lot of 2015 or so.)

I don't know if I might be of any help on it, but I'm glad to help if I can (and if there are any plans to make further adjustments, of course.)

HMU.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:24 am 

just posting this for reference.

Enmity
For those of you unfamiliar with Enmity you can read up on the wiki.

The values for the notable Blue Mage enmity spells are as follows:

Light-BLU-Icon.gif Actinic Burst 180 CE 1080 VE
Lightning-BLU-Icon.gif Temporal Shift 180 CE 1080 VE
Dark-BLU-Icon.gif Jettatura 180 CE 1020 VE
Gaze move but you gain enmity from it regardless of positioning and the “no effect” message.
Fire-BLU-Icon.gif Exuviation 640 CE 640 VE
Per person it lands on. (TOKI!! USE DIFFUSION!)
Fire-BLU-Icon.gif Fantod 320 CE 320 VE
Dark-BLU-Icon.gif Geist Wall 320 CE 320 VE
Light-BLU-Icon.gif Blank Gaze 320 CE 320 VE
Just spam Fantod instead of Blank Gaze or Geist Wall. Save those for /BLU tanking.
While I am mentioning tanking /BLU, all of the sleep spells such as Sheep Song and Soporific seem to have 320 CE/VE enmity.
Wearing enmity gear while casting these spells increases their effectiveness by a measure of 1% per 1+ enmity. This caps at 200+

Inversely -1 enmity works in the same way except has a cap of -50.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:39 pm 

Having quit retain XI before ToAU, I've never played BLU and last night partied with my first one. Flying Hip Press was impressive when it did full damage. Magic Fruit was a good heal. Otherwise, it seemed less than stellar. So, given it's currently broken state, what can BLU do here while leveling? The internet is full of info about the versatility of BLU and being able to basically play tank, heals or DD as needed on the fly, just swapping out spells. Is it still capable of being good DD at any level range? Can it still tank? Still solo (I saw the Sky pictures, but what about any other location/level range)? I'm less interested in it's end game use and more interested in the leveling grind from dunes on up.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:15 pm 

Guedj wrote:
Having quit retain XI before ToAU, I've never played BLU and last night partied with my first one. Flying Hip Press was impressive when it did full damage. Magic Fruit was a good heal. Otherwise, it seemed less than stellar. So, given it's currently broken state, what can BLU do here while leveling? The internet is full of info about the versatility of BLU and being able to basically play tank, heals or DD as needed on the fly, just swapping out spells. Is it still capable of being good DD at any level range? Can it still tank? Still solo (I saw the Sky pictures, but what about any other location/level range)? I'm less interested in it's end game use and more interested in the leveling grind from dunes on up.

Sub Bst and charm Pets to solo ^.^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:15 pm 

It depends what you are trying to solo .. Do your own light sc savage > cannonball, mind blast does most spell damage 800- 2000 , best paralyze.in game, then I spam headbutt lol hasnt let me down, keep refueling up and a hefty amount of accuracy (warm up) , later on you get the good physical spells to do 500-1800 or you can have a plus HP self destruct build...

Really depends wat you fighting. Monster correlation, and mobs weaknesses magic/slashing etc

By the way if you didnt get it yet magic hammer best at restoring MP 100-400

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:58 pm 

Any updates to the magic accuracy bug? How bad is it? Anyone have any experience with it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:26 am 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
Don't level it until its fixed if you want the true experience of it. Retail BLU had its strength in physical spells, not the magical ones like here on nasomi

This broke my heart. So I guess i better level thf and nin subs in the meantime... Also how and where did /whm become a thing? im down for an alternate version of ffxi, but not at the expense of blu :( plus its gonna suck without my /dnc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:37 am 

Fyreus wrote:
Kubisnaxx wrote:
Don't level it until its fixed if you want the true experience of it. Retail BLU had its strength in physical spells, not the magical ones like here on nasomi

This broke my heart. So I guess i better level thf and nin subs in the meantime... Also how and where did /whm become a thing? im down for an alternate version of ffxi, but not at the expense of blu :( plus its gonna suck without my /dnc

This thread is over a year old. BLU has been reworked since.