Lobby: Up
Online: 39
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: BLU/NIN
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:52 pm 

How does blu/nin fare against /thf at the moment? I just find the one handed sword+shield to be aesthetically unpleasing and boring. That's best left for the heavy armor paladins!

All things considered, we'll say equipsets for WS and physical spells are used and all the min/max joy.

Post subject: Re: BLU/NIN
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:34 am 

its usually /nin when you wanna be melee and /thf to be a high dmg "nuker" :P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:56 am 

Both need to be available to any career blu for endgame. There are too many differences to list and measure in 1 post, but i'll say i mostly pick /thf for targets much higher level than i am (HNM, ToAU, ect), and /nin for almost everything else. Dont be afraid to /blm for ele seal and non breath nukes, or /whm for a full support role.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:26 am 

Sometimes you'll have a staff on even as /nin or /thf. Sometimes you'll have a sword/shield and enspell as /rdm.

Typically /nin is better consistent damage vs things up into the mid 80s, while /thf is more for high end targets. This is not to say you can't /thf in merit pt or /nin at hnm, so many variables on blu you could play 2 entirely different setups on the same event 2 days in row.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:46 pm 

Here are the bonuses each sub gives

/nin
Dual Wield (offhand weapon stats+15% swing haste that does not generate more tp)
shadows (more self sufficient)
Subtle blow

/thf
Sneak attack ( more spell dmg and bigger self chain dmg)
trick attack (put hate where it needs to be)

my opinion /thf is better dmg but requires more movement and attention.The issue with /thf while leveling is you can put yourself in danger by doing too much dmg if you don't balance hate. You will still have access to zephyr mantle which while is blink the first hit will always eat a shadow.

When i leveled on live i primarily used /thf when leveling but each sub is needed for different purposes as stated below. I will also add /nin can be used for HNM and endgame tanking