Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: BLU merit priorities?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:08 pm 

Particularly with the leveling experience how can I become the best Ase Jr. on my path to 75? I will have PLD and BRD at 75 so Sword merits sounds like a start. MP for more spamming in parties. Once 75 what are people's choices for the groups?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:59 pm 

kabibi18 wrote:
Particularly with the leveling experience how can I become the best Ase Jr. on my path to 75? I will have PLD and BRD at 75 so Sword merits sounds like a start. MP for more spamming in parties. Once 75 what are people's choices for the groups?

Rofl appreciate the kind words, :). I cant help too much with the leveling experience because I leveled a long time ago and blu melee was good awful back then. Preemptive merits besides what you mentioned would be eva/parry str/dex/int/mnd, all great stats for blu

The great thing with blu is it's ability to fill many roles and change almost on the fly without leaving the zone, but some people like to really specialize too. Group 1 physical potency is a must, after that it would depend on what the plans are, if you plan to play in many situations then Magic Accuracy is a good choice, if you really only plan on just HNM cannon then Chain affinity recast could be for you. In group2 Assimilation is a must and again beyond that it would depend on your future plans. Enchainment 4/5 and Diffusion 1 is a good fill though.

Feel free to message me in game, I always try to answer as many questions as I can.

Last edited by Ase on Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:27 pm 

Ase wrote:
Preemptive merits besides what you mentioned would be eva/parry str/dex/int/mnd, all great stats for blu

Base stats are a good suggestion. I had thought of Parry but decided leveling wise it wouldn't amount to much. Guess I'll have to see how good ToAU BRD parties are now and flush out the base stats + defensive. I will hit you up in game as needed, thanks for the offer!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:17 pm 

My recommendation when you ding 75 BLU is max BLU skill, sword if it wasn't already capped, then phys. Potency, then assimilation. Merits after that are mostly up to you. All group 2 merits have their uses depending on what you want to do. Convergence is probably the most situational, you could 5/5 Diffusion if your heart is set on tanking I guess. I am 4/5 enchainment and 1/5 Diffusion myself.

Cat 1 merits have a few meh items, monster correlation is very meh, burst affinity recast is also not great

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:31 pm 

Myupih wrote:
My recommendation when you ding 75 BLU is max BLU skill, sword if it wasn't already capped, then phys. Potency, then assimilation. Merits after that are mostly up to you. All group 2 merits have their uses depending on what you want to do. Convergence is probably the most situational, you could 5/5 Diffusion if your heart is set on tanking I guess. I am 4/5 enchainment and 1/5 Diffusion myself.

Cat 1 merits have a few meh items, monster correlation is very meh, burst affinity recast is also not great

Myupih is a Wizard among Mages. The real goat.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:02 pm 

Enchainment is tp bonus not fTP bonus. Think of it like Hagun. If you're 4/5 enchainment and do CA CB at 100% tp, it's like you have 140% tp. TP can't go above 300% though, same reason why Hagun Gekko at 200% and 300% are the same. If you want 350%~ tp for your spells on BLU, use Azure Lore.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:08 pm 

On the subject of TP, last I tested it, CA and TP's relationship on damage increase wasn't granular and changed on a per-spell basis, has this been fixed with the string of updates that happened a few months ago? To clarify, the tests I ran were with some of the major spells that get increase dmg based on TP only got their dmg bonus at weird TP plateaus. For example, Death Scissors would do 600-700 dmg when used with CA and 0-749TP, it would then jump to 900-1000 dmg with 750-1499TP, and then jump to 1200-1300 at 1500TP+ and not increase in dmg beyond that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:26 pm 

Zaroua wrote:
On the subject of TP, last I tested it, CA and TP's relationship on damage increase wasn't granular and changed on a per-spell basis, has this been fixed with the string of updates that happened a few months ago? To clarify, the tests I ran were with some of the major spells that get increase dmg based on TP only got their dmg bonus at weird TP plateaus. For example, Death Scissors would do 600-700 dmg when used with CA and 0-749TP, it would then jump to 900-1000 dmg with 750-1499TP, and then jump to 1200-1300 at 1500TP+ and not increase in dmg beyond that.

That's basically how it works, consider every physical and magical spell you cast to be a weapon skill. They all have different mods and, in the case of physical spells, interact with tp differently. You can find the fTP values for some spells that were figured out online, not all of them iirc, e.g. your Death Scissors example:
0% : 1.5
150% : 2.75
300% : 3.25

You can see that Death Scissors is like an inverse Tachi: Gekko, and that TP above 150% is less powerful than tp below 150%, and the relatively slight increase was likely obscured by randomness. Just from my experience with having Enchainment, I haven't noticed plateaus at 0-749 or 750-1499. It's just the difference can be hard to see without doing it a lot due to randomness.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:29 am 

Myupih wrote:
That's basically how it works, consider every physical and magical spell you cast to be a weapon skill. They all have different mods and, in the case of physical spells, interact with tp differently. You can find the fTP values for some spells that were figured out online, not all of them iirc, e.g. your Death Scissors example:

You can see that Death Scissors is like an inverse Tachi: Gekko, and that TP above 150% is less powerful than tp below 150%, and the relatively slight increase was likely obscured by randomness. Just from my experience with having Enchainment, I haven't noticed plateaus at 0-749 or 750-1499. It's just the difference can be hard to see without doing it a lot due to randomness.

Well I had spent quite a few hours spamming CA skills on cooldown on the same mob type (camping NMs gets boring, sue me). While there was some randomness in the results, there were clear thresholds that radically changed the damage output of some spells. Problem was that 1) the damage values and thresholds were very far off of the wiki's values, and 2) not every spell used the same thresholds. Of course, this was done with less than one or two hundred CA casts per spell, so the same size was on the low side. But the results were significant enough to mark TP's contribution to dmg when used with CA to be contrary to the information gathered on the wiki and on various blog sites. Hence my original question: was this fixed?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:51 am 

Zaroua wrote:
Myupih wrote:

Well I had spent quite a few hours spamming CA skills on cooldown on the same mob type (camping NMs gets boring, sue me). While there was some randomness in the results, there were clear thresholds that radically changed the damage output of some spells. Problem was that 1) the damage values and thresholds were very far off of the wiki's values, and 2) not every spell used the same thresholds. Of course, this was done with less than one or two hundred CA casts per spell, so the same size was on the low side. But the results were significant enough to mark TP's contribution to dmg when used with CA to be contrary to the information gathered on the wiki and on various blog sites. Hence my original question: was this fixed?

I have my sight's set on some other testing atm, but I can try to knock out an hour or 2 of death scissors lol.

I'd imagine it's something to do with this, with maybe an added value at 750 if that's indeed the case. We need more BLUs -.- not enough of us to test everything and play the game too.