Lobby: Up
Online: 55
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:15 pm 

I'm thinking of making cor my next 75 to level. Should I be rethinking that?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:35 pm 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
DaftGringo wrote:
I'm thinking of making cor my next 75 to level. Should I be rethinking that?

Depends what you want out of the job right now in it’s current state. If you got specific questions on what does and doesn’t currently work just ask away and I’ll try to respond as fast as I can, i check these forums a couple times a day

I'll be honest with you, I don't have a huge frame of reference on what a corsair's actual role is other than buffing the party/alliance.

GrendelsPRGuy wrote:

Entirely depends, if you're happy just making your rolls, and doing a little shooting then it's fine and you're going to be a huge boon to any group you're in. If you want to pull the most out of the job you can, and really get into the nitty gritty of it there are huge barriers in your way. "Good COR" is the most you can get with the current tools available, the state of the game keeps anyone from being a "Great COR".

I'm interested to know what the proper rotation is for a corsair and how I can be most effective/valuable. Right now I've got a 75 whm and very close to getting smn to 75, but in a dyna setting I kind of feel useless on those jobs. Corsair seemed appealing because I could get into dynamis as well as merit parties.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:42 pm 

People not playing cor is partly due to the incompleteness of the job. If Nas doesn't complete it, people won't want to play it.

It's a nasty cycle that will continue to cause the job to not be wanted by many people...

Implement incomplete job class > Few people unlock it > few people complain > *edit* many don't bother after hearing complains */edit* > Nas see's few people complaining, it must not be wanted

It's really sad, since cor was my favorite class in retail. It's to the point where I'm not even sure I want to keep going. I poured a lot of time into playing here already, but QD being broken, no AF, rolls being off / incomplete...

cor used to be brd -1 + rng -1 which made it a great utility class. But if you can't land light shot sleep on xp lvl mobs (which NEVER happened in retail) then you have nothing more than a brd -1 (arguably -2...)

Last edited by Capnspike on Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:10 pm 

Capnspike wrote:
Implement incomplete job class > Few people unlock it > few people complain > Nas see's few people complaining, it must not be wanted

As if COR isn't one of the most heavily leveled jobs on the server. Most people don't actually care enough about the job to get BiS as it is mainly just a buff bot.

Capnspike wrote:
It's really sad, since cor was my favorite class in retail. It's to the point where I'm not even sure I want to keep going. I poured a lot of time into playing here already, but QD being broken, no AF, rolls being off / incomplete...

Let me take you back to a time when COR had 0 AF working, half of the rolls did out of era stuff or didn't work.

Capnspike wrote:
cor used to be brd -1 + rng -1 which made it a great utility class. But if you can't land light shot sleep on xp lvl mobs (which NEVER happened in retail) then you have nothing more than a brd -1(arguably -2...)

If you can still use RA for decent damage, how do you lose the "rng -1" effect? FWIW COR was landing Light Shot just fine 2 days ago in a KRT PT Lv.51 and in Crawler's Nest last week.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:21 pm 

I only started missing light shots around 60-65, I landed most of them tho. Mire is awful tho, but those mobs are a much higher level anyway. Nas has done quite a few fixes for Cor in the last patch, hopefully AF is soon >_>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:28 pm 

Good points. Every time I look at online cor's, I see a sea of /whm. Also, I never remember birds resisting light shot in retail, but they resist a lot here. Maybe rose colored sunglasses?

My frustration is that a lot about the class here is a compromise.

QD buffs and no TP gain
QD accuracy
No AF, and limited choices on alt gear until 75 EGLS things start opening
Merits (do they work?)

I'm fine with no mythic/emp weapons, since that'd be hard to do with no ToAU. But the endgame weapon options are super limited.

I'm still willing to push forward and enjoy what it has. I'm just a bit disillusioned from when I first started playing here, and experiencing the reality of the job.

*edit* it's not as dramatic as I originally put. Just mildly frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:12 pm 

Capnspike wrote:
QD buffs and no TP gain
QD accuracy
No AF, and limited choices on alt gear until 75 EGLS things start opening
Merits (do they work?)

I'm fine with no mythic/emp weapons, since that'd be hard to do with no ToAU. But the endgame weapon options are super limited.

I'm still willing to push forward and enjoy what it has. I'm just a bit disillusioned from when I first started playing here, and experiencing the reality of the job.

*edit* it's not as dramatic as I originally put. Just mildly frustrating.

1. What do you mean with this? QD didn't give TP on retail and it's damage is around the same level as it was there. He just "buffed QD" by actually fixing the merits.
2. QD Accuracy relating to Light Shot? Again when I leveled COR and the ones I've PTed with seem to have no trouble landing Light Shots on VT-IT mobs. And I have no issues with merit mobs or VT/IT in sea on my COR.
3. No AF/Limited Gear. Even if you had AF, your gear would still be very limited. BLU and PUP are both the same way. Welcome to being an afterthought by SE.
4. Most do, have you actually tested any of them?

Your endgame options even on retail were always super limited, Coffinmaker/Corsair's Gun were the best you could get for the longest.

I don't get how you can be disillusioned when COR is in a better spot than it was 6 months ago, except infinite debuffs with shots.

P.S. CORs subbing WHM is back to the not caring about the job thing. In general for EXP PTs you're better off as /RNG or /NIN unless the PT NEEDS the extra healing.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:23 pm 

QD getting TP was added later, I can't remember exactly when, but it wasn't to far out. It was extremely helpful as it gave TP related to the delay equipped, without giving mobs TP.

As for the other things, maybe it's a combination of what I've experienced so far, mixed with a lot of posts here being pretty old, and some of the things I'm worried about being resolved already. I started less than a year ago, so I definitely was not here when it was as bad as you say.

Thanks for your insight, it really is helpful. I'll definitely keep testing things out.

Also, is Conffinmaker obtainable on nasomi?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:27 pm 

Capnspike wrote:
QD getting TP was added later, I can't remember exactly when, but it wasn't to far out. It was extremely helpful as it gave TP related to the delay equipped, without giving mobs TP.

That was added at the same time as 85 level cap according to wikis, pretty far out for a 75 cap server.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:34 am 

I very lucidly remember solo'ing a lot of NM's in sea @lvl 75 gaining TP from QD. I just looked it up. Sept 2010, QD updated to gain TP per shot. Level cap was raised about 8 months later.

I guess it makes sense as to why it's not here if that's the case. Shame since it really ticks upward the abilities of cor. But it's not my server.

Thanks @all for your insights. I'm pretty sure I was misleading myself from old posts in the forums.