Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:01 am 

Hi!
I've just recently taken pup all the way to 75 and as I played I realized, most people don't seem to know what works and what doesn't. I'm hoping this wrap-up post helps anyone who wants to play the job just cuz.

What works:

Deploy
Retrieve
Melee Auto-attacks
Ranged Auto-attacks (Ranged attacks do not claim mobs - Thanks to Silentjaguar for this info)
Mage Puppet is casting (additional info to be added)
Valoredge's Shield Bash
Blocking/Parrying on Valoredge
Weaponskills are working correctly
AF Unlockable and working correctly

Repair
Activate
Deactivate
Elemental Maneuvers
Almost all attachments (Volt Gun still not working as of this update)
Unlocking other frames!
Guignol Earring (Enhances Repair and Regen Effect)
Relic Armor Enhances Puppet
Two Hour
Catagory 1 Merit for Automaton Skill now working!!!!

Now onto the bad part...

What doesn't work:
Buffoon's Collar (Supposed to Reduce overload rate)
Volt Gun Attachment

Most people would give up immediately but i stuck it out because I think it's one of the most awesome jobs in XI and I definitely hope it's eventually brought up to it's full potential.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to drop them in the thread!

Last edited by tokitaki on Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 25 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:19 pm 

Saw you last night at Ghelsba Outpost I think. Kudos for sticking through! I want to play this but hopefully when its full potential gets unlocked it would be nice.

I Want To Make Gil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:31 pm 

Gwaliser wrote:
Saw you last night at Ghelsba Outpost I think. Kudos for sticking through! I want to play this but hopefully when its full potential gets unlocked it would be nice.

Yeah, I was skilling the puppets melee skill to it's 75 level. Which can be on mobs of any level thankfully.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:22 pm 

Fist I would like to say , good job.. I have my pup at 12 currently and plan on sticking it out even with the issues. They still hit hard and with you also attacking still useful in a party as dd.although getting val frame is also a challenge.. But I wish pup parts worked. Or at least the "regen" "stoneskin" and "voke" (nas) "help me out" "can I have it" working puppet "please".. lol but either way it's a job I love and will stick with it. Hope to see everyone in game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:09 am 

Keep your hopes up Tokitaki!!!

https://forums.dspt.info/viewtopic.php? ... 4&start=20

It has been worked on in the past, however I don't know if anything was complete recently. I myself would love a crack at this job as it always has intrigued me from the beginning.

Not that you knew at the time you couldn't unlock more frames, but curious why you choose Valoredge over Sharpshooter as your first

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:30 am 

googo135 wrote:
Keep your hopes up Tokitaki!!!

https://forums.dspt.info/viewtopic.php? ... 4&start=20

It has been worked on in the past, however I don't know if anything was complete recently. I myself would love a crack at this job as it always has intrigued me from the beginning.

Not that you knew at the time you couldn't unlock more frames, but curious why you choose Valoredge over Sharpshooter as your first

I went for valoredge because it has the better melee. (A-)
You CAN unlock more frames, I just haven't gotten around to it because the others aren't really useful to me on this server.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:44 pm 

Don't know anything about this job, but as a BST, Ive always loved the look of this class--as it l-ooks- like just a mechanical pet. Given how much is broken about this class right now, where should i look to read more about how to play this class? I just went and got the pass to get to whitgate last night so i could go unlock it. I had quit playing before this expansion came out, never been there or even seen a pup outside of the quest starter npc, lol.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:39 pm 

Guedj wrote:
Don't know anything about this job, but as a BST, Ive always loved the look of this class--as it l-ooks- like just a mechanical pet. Given how much is broken about this class right now, where should i look to read more about how to play this class? I just went and got the pass to get to whitgate last night so i could go unlock it. I had quit playing before this expansion came out, never been there or even seen a pup outside of the quest starter npc, lol.

I kind of figured it out as I went.

The best suggestions I can give are to unlock valoredge frame asap for highest possible damage melee puppet and much like monk, stack up strength for h2h.

From what I'm told, I'm either the 2nd or 3rd 75 pup on the server. I know some others have been leveling it as of late but they aren't high level yet.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me on irc or ingame.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:29 pm 

someone managed to get pup nearly fully working for another server, shame he hasnt shared the code! not sure if im allowed to share any details but i found a link to a private youtube video showing it off.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:32 pm 

xandman wrote:
someone managed to get pup nearly fully working for another server, shame he hasnt shared the code! not sure if im allowed to share any details but i found a link to a private youtube video showing it off.

Yeah, I've seen the video. I'm super jelly.

Would LOVE to be able to use the mage puppet.