Lobby: Up
Online: 63
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 718 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:33 pm 

station wrote:
So -- since attachments don't work, but Maneuvers do offer the stat increases properly, what is your preferred rotation? Right now I'm doing 2x Thunder 1x Fire for EXP parties w/ Valor. Is there a reason to do anything else?

Not particularly, since none of the attachments or AI work. Best just to give your pet the best stats it can get to help it out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:06 am 

So I'm noticing whilst the maneuvers do give the Automaton it's stat bonus, they just randomly drop on their own.

Not due to an Overload, mind you. It just seems to consume all current active maneuvers all at once. (Like on retail if it were to consume maneuvers for the active effect of a specific attachment like Barrage Turbine or Flame Holder).

I'm not sure if this is a new bug or how it's always been, but it makes keeping a stat buff on pet pretty hard. :P

Edit: Seems to be that the game is removing maneuvers when I (The master, not the automaton) take damage. Not sure if being hit by a stray aoe counts yet, but each time a mob hits me, I lose all maneuver effects currently active.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:37 am 

FYI: Deploy isn't functional at the moment. Apparently there is an exploit associated with it so the devs disabled the /pet command. The little guy can't even AA :(

Might be a good time to level something else for a while.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:05 am 

I noticed this the other day when messing around leveling PUP from 1-4. As the newbie area in Bastok was busy I would deploy on a mob and someone would of course steal the target, but the Auto would still wonder over to the target and reclaim the target from the other player, only seemed to work if the target was first unclaimed though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:58 pm 

Yeah, so if you deploy before a another PC claims a mob, the PC can do damage to the mob, but if your puppet is able to attack it before the PC kills it, your puppet will get the claim. Only time I've noticed this as being unfair (aside from letting other PCs do the work for you) is you can claim over a BST pet even if the BST sends in their pet first. Other than that, maybe just make deploy claim like Provoke does.

Makes farming really tough without the puppet rn ><

Also, sorry to any other PUPs, I feel like I may be responsible

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:44 pm 

I didn't explain the entire exploit. I won't, either. It was the biggest, more harmful exploit nas has had in the past several years. You'll have to deal with it being disabled.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:04 pm 

whorcraft wrote:
Yeah, so if you deploy before a another PC claims a mob, the PC can do damage to the mob, but if your puppet is able to attack it before the PC kills it, your puppet will get the claim. Only time I've noticed this as being unfair (aside from letting other PCs do the work for you) is you can claim over a BST pet even if the BST sends in their pet first. Other than that, maybe just make deploy claim like Provoke does.

So claim stealing. If you and i are camping LL and I use stun and claim first, but your automation just walks up and takes my LL, that's not really fair. it's basically an instant zero cast claim.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:58 pm 

Hamster wrote:
whorcraft wrote:

So claim stealing. If you and i are camping LL and I use stun and claim first, but your automation just walks up and takes my LL, that's not really fair. it's basically an instant zero cast claim.

Almost, so, this example is correct but only if you add in that I use deploy before you use stun.

Also, Automaton damage scaling was way wacky. It seems to ignore defense, making farming elementals and flans a breeze. On top of this, it was a MORE THAN just viable subjob because the raw damage output is like having a heavy DD autoattack for you. I was using it as a sub for every new job I started. I was able to farm leeches solo from 30-40 as WHM/PUP with barely any downtime. TBH if I could have kept aggro off the 'maton I'd have had ZERO downtime.

Every PT I've been in as WHM, BLM, THF: As long as the MOBs didn't have a 360 degree AOE, he was a champ. I was looking forward to leveling PUP, but once I started subbing it I couldn't stop because the results were just insane.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:25 pm 

I'm guessing you could use PUP to take the claim of any mob you wanted, that Nab isn't explaining.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
I'm guessing you could use PUP to take the claim of any mob you wanted, that Nab isn't explaining.

Believe it or not -- I didn't really try to see how exploitable the job was because I get myself in trouble enough as it is. What I know are just tricks I picked up along the way. So, maybe?

I once STOLE a claim from a BST pet, I used deploy AFTER the BST's sheep was already fighting a mob. Never did it again bc I didn't want to get banned. So, it would be my guess that PUP can steal claims from ANY pet NPC.

Deploy as far as I used it was always just hilarious, because - TECHNICALLY, I am engaging with the target first. My automaton is fighting an elemental across the map right now, and has to waddle all the way over to the mob you're contesting.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 718 Next