Lobby: Up
Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1518 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:40 am 

zardyact wrote:
got my whm turban tonight it works but it never casted regen on me once, so i dont know its broken or if we dont get that spell?

did you have to trade coffees to him?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:44 am 

frobo wrote:
zardyact wrote:
got my whm turban tonight it works but it never casted regen on me once, so i dont know its broken or if we dont get that spell?

yes you need to trade him an imperial coffee every EST midnight. Seems like a portion of the people saying its bugged probly didnt look at the past history for that quest compared to its current retail version and or did something wrong in the initial trade?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:31 am 

i traded him coffees for my whm turban and forgot to trade with blm turban and still got blm after 2 nights.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:49 pm 

zardyact wrote:
frobo wrote:
zardyact wrote:

yes you need to trade him an imperial coffee every EST midnight. Seems like a portion of the people saying its bugged probly didnt look at the past history for that quest compared to its current retail version and or did something wrong in the initial trade?

nope, it's because of shit like this:

Quote:
i traded him coffees for my whm turban and forgot to trade with blm turban and still got blm after 2 nights.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:55 pm 

Updated my opening post with the WS information I tested today and I plan on skilling up the mage puppet sometime soon and updating thread as I find things out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:14 am 

Head: Whm Turban
Frame: Storm
Magic skill: 104
just to inform people i just tried to get magic skill ups using cursna in beaudeax. i aggro'd mob got cursed then deployed, after my pet just stood still not casting or doing anything, i tried light or dark maneuvers but nothing worked. So in short he will do nothing if your cursed, i'm not sure if he'll do nothing if a party member is cursed but i wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:40 am 

My puppet is currently maxed out at 228 magic skill, so if there anything I can test, let me know. I won't have my whm head until Monday though unfortunately, so limited in that aspect.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:52 am 

For anyone looking for some research to do: it would be nice if we could have a full working list of exactly what attachments and to what extent said attachments work.

the ones in the OP are nice, but given how expensive some of them are, it would be nice to know at what point someone new to the job (or in my position of missing a few expensive ones) should look into which ones are actually worth buying.

i'm sure there's a few that have an effect(or lack thereof) that aren't listed just yet. another nice thing if anyone is looking to be a helper to the PUP community would be a quick writeup as to the locations/guides to getting them. i.e, what sort of group you'd need to farm that ToaU PUP mobs and stuff, whether there are any differences to retail and such.

I get that in asking someone to write these sorts of guides i'm asking someone to do a bunch of work and for that i'm sorry, but having those old sorta bluegartr job threads for equipment and stuff would go a long way in helping the average pup improve and look better as a job to the rest of the nasomi community!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:24 pm 

Tension Spring 1/2 does work.

-PDT on Armor plate is harder to test but seems to work.

Light maneuvers don't seem to affect when the puppet will cast cure on you with Damage Gauge. Seems to regularly cure at ~40% hp regardless.

Stabilizer does work

Volt gun doesn't seem to work either.

Using Valor head and Storm body does effectively work like retail, same with Harly head Storm body in creating curebots, but the cure limit is so low it's not very effective.

I had success farming the trolls for puppet parts on 75 Bst solo. Use about 3 slime pets per fight, but make sure you have all your charm+ gear because the slimes check EM, so they decharm before the die, making it dangerous on petswap. With enough Charm+ they stay charmed until they die and its just a simple but slow farm.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:37 pm 

Louiscool wrote:
Tension Spring 1/2 does work.

-PDT on Armor plate is harder to test but seems to work.

Light maneuvers don't seem to affect when the puppet will cast cure on you with Damage Gauge. Seems to regularly cure at ~40% hp regardless.

Stabilizer does work

Volt gun doesn't seem to work either.

Using Valor head and Storm body does effectively work like retail, same with Harly head Storm body in creating curebots, but the cure limit is so low it's not very effective.

I had success farming the trolls for puppet parts on 75 Bst solo. Use about 3 slime pets per fight, but make sure you have all your charm+ gear because the slimes check EM, so they decharm before the die, making it dangerous on petswap. With enough Charm+ they stay charmed until they die and its just a simple but slow farm.

This is odd when I was testing i DID notice it casting cure sooner with both 1 and 2 light up, ill have to log in and retry it, havent been able to get on in a few days.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1518 Next