Lobby: Up
Online: 29
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1018 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:57 pm 

Falynn wrote:
There's been a lot of weird stuff going on with PUP as I'm assuming Nas is working on it.

Before the March 1st Update Maneuvers would give appropriate stat benefits, Fire Maneuver +2-3 Strength, Thunder Maneuver +2-3 Dexterity, etc.

On March 1st using any maneuver would immediately overload your Automaton for 2 minutes. At this point I was still able to unlock frames.

On March 5th you can no longer Activate your Automaton, so if there's an issue unlocking frames it might be this day where it started.

I'm glad I got all of my frames out of the way, just waiting for the update now.... soon.... anytime now :)

Thank you very much for the updates, I added them to my opening post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:24 pm 

All frames are unlockable but they are est midnight wait times.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:25 pm 

Fingers crossed guys, today may be the day we get our Automatons back :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:16 pm 

if server stops restarting can test

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:43 pm 

Preliminary:

Stepped into S. Gusta. Used Activate. Automaton HP bar appears - but they are not visible. Deploy, Fight, Retrive seemed to do nothing (sub BST for Fight).

used Fight - Sharpshot frame killed a Bee from somewhere unseen. Deploy still had no reaction on second Bee, but Fight caused them to attack again. Puppet took damage, so resetting CDs and will update more.

second attempt: Activate works, summons Frame correctly.

Deploy not working. Fight works, Automaton gaining skill, melee attack only. Maneuver didn't work (maybe he shut off, don't know). DAD worked fine. Just saw message from Nas, so no more testing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:16 pm 

DuskRequiem wrote:
Preliminary:

Stepped into S. Gusta. Used Activate. Automaton HP bar appears - but they are not visible. Deploy, Fight, Retrive seemed to do nothing (sub BST for Fight).

used Fight - Sharpshot frame killed a Bee from somewhere unseen. Deploy still had no reaction on second Bee, but Fight caused them to attack again. Puppet took damage, so resetting CDs and will update more.

second attempt: Activate works, summons Frame correctly.

Deploy not working. Fight works, Automaton gaining skill, melee attack only. Maneuver didn't work (maybe he shut off, don't know). DAD worked fine. Just saw message from Nas, so no more testing.

Using activate and seeing the health bar and not seeing your Automaton was a common bug since I started playing about 6 months ago, it occurs (from what I have been able to deduce) when your Automaton actually spawns underground. The automaton also would spawn with 0 skill and none of the benefits from the frame or head or any other modifiers. The only way I was able to fix this in the past was if I used activate and my Automaton didn't spawn next to me, was to immediately use Deactivate, zone, zone back in to where you were and activate it again. Sometimes it took a few tries but eventually it worked.

Still what little testing I've seen been done is pretty disheartening. Hopefully it was some bugs and when the patch is actually implemented the way Nas anticipated we'll have some progress, but at the moment with:

1. Automaton spawning invisible or underground.
2. Deploy not working.
3. Maneuvers not working.
4. Having to sub /BST to use the automaton

We are worse off than we were 6 months ago. At least Maneuvers were still working at that point.

The one positive is that it's actually being worked on, we just have to wait and see. I miss my Automaton. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:05 pm 

So for the live code testing done in gusgen mines
Activate, Deactivate, Deploy work properly
Melee, Ranged Attack work
Spells and WS were added to all frames but AI is weird and wont use
Automaton skill ups work
Some Attachments work and do increase effects as maneuvers are stacked ie Tension spring, Stabilizer, Auto-repair kit. Attack, Accuracy, Regen are enhanced the more Maneuvers you have
Sharpshot and mage frames are perfectly happy to stay at range if deployed around 15 yalms away

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:32 pm 

swk wrote:
Automaton skill ups work
Some Attachments work and do increase effects as maneuvers are stacked ie Tension spring, Stabilizer, Auto-repair kit. Attack, Accuracy, Regen are enhanced the more Maneuvers you have
Sharpshot and mage frames are perfectly happy to stay at range if deployed around 15 yalms away

Wow, actually much more then I originally expected. That's great. If the WS and spell issue is solved, and some attachment work here and there, the job is in good shape. That's exciting news. Getting WS/Spells is probably the big one, and making sure DAD functions properly as that's a big deal for endgame PUP.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:44 pm 

swk wrote:
Automaton skill ups work

Very exciting news indeed! Deploy freeing up our subjob is a huge deal, along with Ranged attacks working. I don't expect all of the attachments to work right now, but stat increasing and buff attachments working is exciting. I suspect the AI altering Attachments are the most difficult part of getting PUP to work, but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:00 pm 

I'll be doing some testing today and updating the thread, thanks for the initial info.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1018 Next