Lobby: Up
Online: 45
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 618 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:21 am 

This is really sad. Why hasn't there been fixes in 2 years?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:53 am 

KuriGohan wrote:
This is really sad. Why hasn't there been fixes in 2 years?

Only one man and there are other priorities.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:45 pm 

I've heard that DSP has had fixes for the same issues for a long time and that they just aren't being used.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:38 am 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
Nasomi is so far off from dsp that their code wouldn’t work without nasomi going like by like to change it to what he has the code for on his server

If he's using git for his own revision control, then comparing change by change is actually a pretty easy process in most cases.

With git's ability to bisect, create patches based off of commits, modern IDEs being very good at detecting references across entire code bases, etc, we're in a better position than ever for single developers to handle that sort of workload.

Though there's a bit of a learning curve to get all of that set up, and I dunno if Nasomi has a professional development background, and might not be familiar with all of those techniques.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:04 am 

So i'd like to level pup even with all the really cool stuff missing.

it's been the job i've always had as an end goal (BLU + PUP as my main jobs).

i'm currently levelling BRD so i can do LB5 and then i'm hecking brd right off and going for PUP i think.

could one you crazy motherheckers who've actually levelled it in it's current state write a small guide?

melee attacks apparently work but not WS's and stuff, wasn't the ranged automaton the best autoattack dps?

frames work right?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:32 am 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
Absolutely nothing works. That includes frames, attachments, etc. it’s a waste of a pt slot in the current state without a rework
frobo wrote:

i'm currently levelling BRD so i can do LB5 and then i'm hecking brd right off and going for PUP i think.

could one you crazy motherheckers who've actually levelled it in it's current state write a small guide?

melee attacks apparently work but not WS's and stuff, wasn't the ranged automaton the best autoattack dps?

frames work right?

You can unlock them and change to them, but it doesn't change anything the puppet does, all it can do it melee auto-attack, ranged puppet does not lob arrows, and the mage puppet doesn't cast spells, the only thing beneficial about unlocking another frame at this time is valoredge's slightly higher melee skill vs the default blank slate puppet. If you plan on leveling it, the best thing you can do is gear it as you would a DD and eat lots of akamochi to help both you and the pets stats. As it is, it's basically a monk with a crappier set of gear and a pet that can do a nice chunk of damage on the side. As it is, kubi is half right, If you want a useful DD, it's not the best choice. I don't really play it anymore besides the occasional blunt damage thing because it's simply not got anything over any other DD in the game at the moment, hopefully we'll see a fix sometime soon, as blue mage finally got a fix, it's definitely moving up the the list as things are getting fixed but it's going to be awhile yet I think.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:36 pm 

tokitaki wrote:
Kubisnaxx wrote:
Absolutely nothing works. That includes frames, attachments, etc. it’s a waste of a pt slot in the current state without a rework
frobo wrote:

frames work right?

You can unlock them and change to them, but it doesn't change anything the puppet does, all it can do it melee auto-attack, ranged puppet does not lob arrows, and the mage puppet doesn't cast spells, the only thing beneficial about unlocking another frame at this time is valoredge's slightly higher melee skill vs the default blank slate puppet. If you plan on leveling it, the best thing you can do is gear it as you would a DD and eat lots of akamochi to help both you and the pets stats. As it is, it's basically a monk with a crappier set of gear and a pet that can do a nice chunk of damage on the side. As it is, kubi is half right, If you want a useful DD, it's not the best choice. I don't really play it anymore besides the occasional blunt damage thing because it's simply not got anything over any other DD in the game at the moment, hopefully we'll see a fix sometime soon, as blue mage finally got a fix, it's definitely moving up the the list as things are getting fixed but it's going to be awhile yet I think.

thank you for the blunt reply.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:30 pm 

Ben wrote:
Do you think Nas will change how to aquire attachments? I remember some attachments being quite hard to get and I am thinking maybe it is worth it to buy them now that it is possible just in case. I guess it might be a stupid question since noone knows what Nas will change or if PUP will ever even get fixed, but I figured I would still ask since maybe you guys who have been here longer know more about how he usually does things.

If it's currently selling at a too good to be true price and you have the cash to spare/plan to be here long term, it's probably a good investment. Particularly so if you actually want to play the job and will get to later bypass some headache obtaining them via other means.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:41 pm 

Ben wrote:
Do you think Nas will change how to aquire attachments? I remember some attachments being quite hard to get and I am thinking maybe it is worth it to buy them now that it is possible just in case. I guess it might be a stupid question since noone knows what Nas will change or if PUP will ever even get fixed, but I figured I would still ask since maybe you guys who have been here longer know more about how he usually does things.

I would say yes, because more than once I have regretted not buying a broken item while it was cheap

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:57 am 

So -- since attachments don't work, but Maneuvers do offer the stat increases properly, what is your preferred rotation? Right now I'm doing 2x Thunder 1x Fire for EXP parties w/ Valor. Is there a reason to do anything else?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 618 Next