Lobby: Up
Online: 34
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:49 am 

im noticing im getting yellow globes way more often than usual as of 2 or 3 days ago. im looking to get some feedback from other fishers if they are experiencing the same thing or if ive been very unlucky for the past 2 days.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:33 am 

I honestly haven't noticed a change in fishing increase in catches. All I do know is... Don't level up on Crescent Fish... Go for Silver Sharks instead...

Fishing: 68
Alchemy: 15

*How do I make the image show?*

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:33 pm 

Takelli wrote:
I honestly haven't noticed a change in fishing increase in catches. All I do know is... Don't level up on Crescent Fish... Go for Silver Sharks instead...

Why not? Are they bugged?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:00 pm 

Stimps wrote:
Takelli wrote:

No, they are a 41% bite rate. Sure, they sell for a lot of gil, but you'll get periods of "No catches" for about 2-3 minutes of non stop fishing.

I went straight to silver Sharks with Meat balls once I had wasted a few days going after the crescent fish. With a low bite rate, and reduced skill up speed for fishing, it makes it levels of hell.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:50 pm 

Can confirm. The crescent fish leveling portion is a nightmare.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:00 pm 

Takelli wrote:
Stimps wrote:
Takelli wrote:

No, they are a 41% bite rate. Sure, they sell for a lot of gil, but you'll get periods of "No catches" for about 2-3 minutes of non stop fishing.

I went straight to silver Sharks with Meat balls once I had wasted a few days going after the crescent fish. With a low bite rate, and reduced skill up speed for fishing, it makes it levels of hell.

Same path I took, Crescent fish bit rate was blah. Side note: I'm glad I did this before Nasomi nerfed the sale price of silver shark. 500 gil per shark made it worth paying 10k per stack of meatballs to catch them. I'm not so sure that's still the case all things considered.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:37 pm 

Aewyn wrote:

Same path I took, Crescent fish bit rate was blah. Side note: I'm glad I did this before Nasomi nerfed the sale price of silver shark. 500 gil per shark made it worth paying 10k per stack of meatballs to catch them. I'm not so sure that's still the case all things considered.

Meatballs are now around 3.8-4k/stack. It's not too expensive, and it sucks because it's not very profitable. I am currently 63 now, and if it wasn't nerfed, I could have gotten my scorpion harness already. My last trip I made around 75k for a few hours of fishing.

Once I hit 66 Fishing, I'm going to windy, and fishing there for Bastore Bream. That's when the money really starts to roll in.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:50 am 

I predict this is going to next information we get on Fishing

Nasomi: We never get the fishing fatigue, but I'm working on a new fishing mechanic that fishers will enjoy.

Some time later

Nasomi: New fishing mechanic is here. You'll get better results when you first sign in for the day with dimishing returns the later you fish. (Fishing Fatigue). And no it's not fishing fatigue!

Everyone this is fishing fatigue!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:11 pm 

Where do I fish for silver shark w/ meatballs?

The crescent fish grind not only burned me out on fishing, but basically stopped me from logging in for like 1-2 weeks in frustration.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:07 pm 

Optimo wrote:
Where do I fish for silver shark w/ meatballs?

The crescent fish grind not only burned me out on fishing, but basically stopped me from logging in for like 1-2 weeks in frustration.

Sauromugue Champaign, in that little area by the sea. 4-5 stacks of meat balls should bring you to the Bastore Bream level. It didn't take th long, but the drop in money/hour isn't that bad.

I make about 30k/hour on Bastore Bream in Port Windurst.