Online: 33
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: CoP Things to know
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:25 pm 

Thought I'd share some things.

Hardest parts is dealing with the bugs, and maybe like 2 fights....

Check every cs 2-3-4 times to make sure you're not stuck in a loop.

Make sure ur on /fps 2 for all cs's/battlefields/telepads/elevators.

/drawdistance setworld 1 can help with some black screening (like 1st cs in delkfutts)

---- Promys:
Good jobs to bring are war/nin whm/blm and smn/whm

Possible to bug and blackscreen on elevator. For best shot at avoiding this wait for all strays dead bodies to disappear after the receptacle is dead, or go up 1x1 you don't have to wait to simeone to type "/" or whatever on the other side. Once their character model disappears it's safe for next person to go. Once the dialogue pops up to teleport or stay, don't close it. Either teleport or just leave it up. It has a chance to bug and not show the selection again. Expect alot of these teleport bugs in promy-dem.

Can't get the maps ingame unless you .dat swap which.... You probably shouldn't do.

Animas don't work in bosses, but bosses are pretty weak to adjust for this. Promy bosses can be trio'd with 2x war/nin and a whm or rdm pretty easily.

---- Aquaducts
Good jobs to bring pld/war nin/war thf/nin whm/blm smn/whm and rdm/whm (blm is good at the end for escape also)

Taurus are true sight
Ladders will not lose aggro

Minotaur can be a pain, prepare for a longer fight if you do this in a single pt or less. Having an alliance helps speed things up. Alliance draw in works just like retail. Mortal ray is a gaze attack, there's time to turn away if you're not laggy. If you're nin tanking turn away to recast utsu, don't use ws or ja until after he's used a tp move or you can get animation locked into doom. Mow is the biggest danger, huge aoe absorbed by shadows and applies heavy poison. Everyone needs shadows up to absorb this, can easily 1 shot mages. Dispel for unblest armor helps, cursna and holy water have a chance to remove doom.

The walk to the cs is a pain, thf can use "Thiefs Tools" to unlock the gate, "Living Key" does not work. Taurus at gate needs to be pulled and killed before opening gate. Once up tge ladder and into the hall on the left, there's 2 more taurus that need to be killed. Sneaking by isn't recommended due to the fomors in aggro range.

The torches aren't in the same position as retail but are activated the same way.

Final cs is on the 2nd door after torches, can escape from their.

---- A01
Good jobs to bring brd/nin rdm/whm

Same as retail up to the final fight. Get 2x giant scales from wyverns. Hippogryphs are true sight.

Mammets are easy, yellow liquid doesn't work, but they can be sleepga'd. Lullaby/sheep song/light shot all that works. Don't fight near the sleeper or mages cause the aoes can kill em.

---- The road forks
Good to be 75 or have lv.75 help

Cs at morborol can bug and loop, make sure to check/recheck/triple check after the fight.

No need to climb the mountain in attowa after you kill the diremite it warps u to the top.

---- Pso Xja Pass

Best place to get then is in uncapped pso'xja at "Nue" tower. From entrance go to the right and into the first drop. The diremites and lizards in the hole have highest drop rate.

---- Diabolos
Good jobs to bring rdm/blm nin/war smn/whm brd/whm

Door order is same as retail.
Floor tiles in the fight will drop, but there's no animation for it. They will always look like they're still there, but they're not. Idk if tile order is same as retail because of that. I've cleared it 100%, and always just stacked the party up on the far left rear tile. I can confirm that tile never drops.

You need up to 8 poison pots, this fight can be done in as little as 5min or longer than 30 for a timeout loss. Stoneskin will cause poison pots to not wake you up.

He doesn't use nightmare or tp moves, just loves to spam sleepga and drain.

Make sure you bring jobs that can keep him silenced. Rdm/blm is great. Keeping him silenced is a big key.

He as alot of HP a ton of DEF and a good bit of EVA. Smn is a tremendous help, rolling thunder almost doubles the dps, and carbuncle astral flow x2 can drop him from 40%.

Be prepared for a marathon.

---- B01
Bring blms....

Easy kill, get a giant scale x1, head to bc, sleep/nuke til dead. Helps if you sleep him 1st in case he has already casted stoneskin before you get there. He can be silenced and dispelled.

---- Sacrarium
Good jobs to bring thf/nin rdm/blm whm/blm (smn/whm and bst/nin if you need to get the key from the corse)

Maze does not match retail, changes every game day, there's no taurus on north path to maze, both taurus are stacked on south path.

Everyone needs to keep shadows up 100% of the time, if farming fomors for keys. 2h Fomor aoes can 1 shot an alliance, but it's absorbed by shadows, so..... Keep shadows up. Brd lullaby is less reliable than retail for the fomor links. Some rdm may have trouble silencing them. The corse uses charm. Sleeping charmed player doesn't work. If you get charmed you can get naked and mud wrestle.... I mean unequip all of your gear to reduce any dmg you're causing.

After 1st cs, ghost nm will pop in a random room (tin foil hat says typically in south east room). Thf can pop the ghost and flee/hide the aggroing fomors. You only need to kill the professor, after he dies the pupils will depop instantly. Sometimes after the kill you can't get the KI from the ??? that popped him, in this case check the ??? in the southeast room.

After the mission you can do a quest and trade both keys to get a KI to unlock the door without needing keys again. This mission is much faster without needing the keys.

---- Promy V
Good jobs to bring nin/war whm/smn rdm/whm brd/whm

It's all broken, you can quit CoP now.... if you decide to continue tho, same problem with telepads/elevators as other promys. Often can get bugged with no level cap imposed, if you do then you cannot receive cs after each nm. After YOU GET THE CUTSCENE for each nm on 3rd / 4th / 5th floors it's a good idea to log out and back in to save your floor progress in case the zone crashes. If the zone crashes you start all over, and no progress is saved. Bring multiple tanks for floor 4 NM in has a hate reset. Once you make it to the final fight it's easy, the bosses do not link, and they do not auto aggro after one dies. Just don't get too close, cause the will aggro still.

---- 3 paths
Tenzens path, 1st part is a buggy mess. Mobs will start becoming invidible, you can't see them until you're standing on there heads. You can't target them unless the aggro you, or you /assist or <bt> target. I like to bring bst to widescan the upcoming room and aggro that room to clear it out, before fighting the nm in the current room. Expect every door to pop an nm. Thief tools don't work.

Loyverance Path, I never could get the bridge to work or the firesand walls to move *shrugs* can farm snow lily off stuff in ulegurand range to save yourself 20k, or gamblw with the moblin. The moblin fight can get hairy. The bugbear doesnt share aggro with moblins, he can be offtanked to the side, he will still get called to help the others but provoke brings him back easily. The other moblins are immune to sleep but can be silenced/gravity/bound, barfira helps alot.

Ulmias Path
Nothing to worry about here

---- Detectors
"A place to return" mission detector fight has a huge change to get stuck on a cs loop. Expect it will happen, relogging without ashita addons seems to help get past this mission.

---- Airship fight
Expect many lulz

---- Tenzen fight
Many more lulz

---- 8-1 Aerns
Somebody gets screwed everytime. Expect that one if your party members will respawn aerns infinitely when trying to get touch the crystal. Relogging and disbanding / reforming party with the affected party member in a different slot seems to be the remedy.

---- 8-2
Make sure you touch the door on the right to get your cutscene before proceeding. No quasilumins needed, all doors are already open, which is why it's important you touch the door for ur cs ro start the mission. Ix'grah is many lulz

---- 8-3
Have to get ur brands race/twighlight/dawn. Zdei on the back don't stand in 1 spot, it's possible you can skip right by and the door will be open.

Zdei in the battle field do not all aggro at once, can fight them 1x1, they don't run back to heal up, they can't be silenced so it helps to have a stun for the aga casts.

---- 8-4
Lazy NPCs dont help, they just stand there

---- Final cs
Yeh fk that, run straight to upper jeuno restaurant and get your ring.

---- Conclusion
Maybe some typos or stuff that wasn't covered, you'll figure it out, enjoy~

Post subject: Re: CoP Things to know
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:17 pm 

Can we sticky this and move it to the wiki section and clean it up a lil?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:35 pm 

You got my blessing, I haven't been able to post on the wiki since the old forum, not even sure how to get a wiki login goin nowadays

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:14 pm 

i mean petz can jsut move the post to the wiki section of the forums. just clean it up a lil by the time he does it

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:25 pm 

Aqueducts- had whm,BLM,rdm,brd,NIN, and Sam and had zero issues with Minotaur. It was a quick fight. Most subbed NIN.

A01 - I went as COR/NIN, lvl 30ish gear, lvl 35 bullets, totally OP with Ice shot for regular mob battles (seems totally unresisted), and light shot on one of the mammets at the end wasn't resisted at all 3 times.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:56 am 

For Promy Vahzl you are allowed to use an alliance to fight the three NM's on the way there. They are also more dangerous than the BCNM. I recommend bringing 10 people, then splitting into two groups of 5 for the BCNM

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:20 pm 

i hope this post doesn't get buried. some of this stuff would be nice to add long with on the wiki

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:00 am 

Promyvions, Riverne: Claimed mobs can follow you through the warps

Fomors: No fomor hate does not mean no aggro! ES to sleep them is great

The Road Forks: 60s fine depending on job. I know at least the malboro NM to be sleepable.

Diabolos: I never bother with poison potions. ES makes silence much more reliable. This is my configuration with room to SA:

XXDXX Diabolos starts here
XXXFF Front line
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXBXX Back line

Co-tanking setups like pld+nin, nin+nin, nin+war/nin are the safe route, but pld and nin definitely both capable of solo tanking.

Riverne B: Air attacks are earth damage and go through shadows. Barstone really helps.

I did it once straight tank with no blms but it's hard. Had a rdm for magic damage and someone else main healing. Melees back off when it's flying. Rdm x3 can also sleep/nuke if you can't find blms.

Sacrarium: Fomors link through the doors but don't aggro through them unless it's open. If you have to wipe, wipe by the door. Fight here: | .......X...| <- Door

Vahzl: Smn is good for stoneskin and Double Slap. Drg/whm is soo good. Hateless heals and extra Poisona for floor 4 boss, Penta Thrust is the best at 50, and Spirit Link actually gives /mage an extra WS on the MRs.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:56 am 

http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... ifferences

This wiki has been around for a while iirc - Chakan and I documented a lot of the stuff we ran into

Getting info off NasWiki can be tough - but this was result 1 when I googled NasWiki CoP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:30 am 

This was super helpful. Thank you. Wanted to bump it up so other people could see this