Lobby: Up
Online: 40
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject: Re: Cure revamp
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:09 am 

They either angry? or making an ass of themelves on forums does something for them.... Maybe they know it's a dumb argument and just enjoy trolling?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:51 am 

ZweiHerzen wrote:
Skitles wrote:
ZweiHerzen wrote:
I get that you're slow, man -- but you saying RNG was nerfed and expecting to be taken seriously, when they dish out the most damage short of BLM, is just buttfucking ridiculous. I mentioned paladin there only for the sake of mentioning paladin's 2-hour, Invincible. Feel free to go back and re-read that post my dude. Invincible is the highest enmity generating action in the entire game, and Rangers can just about match it with their TP moves. It don't matter if you got 2 WARs on that motherfucker spamming pentathrust, RNG gets their TP move off and then they're forced into doing melee like the other DD's, provided it didn't kill the mob outright.

Jesus christ, your signature says PhD in Shitposting but you ain't even trying. You sit there and complain that RNG is a dead worthless nerfed job while just inventing random fucking ideas in your own headcanon that don't even apply to the game while just searching for any little thing to start an argument over like a dumbshit loser.

Its people like you, and boy are there a ton, that were the reason i found it so hard to enjoy my time here while I was. Fuckin absolute know-nothing dickheads giving lip when you ain't got a fucking single facet of worthwhile shareable anything rolling around in that empty skull.
I must have had three or four self-proclaimed "75PLD's" give me shit during parties cause I wasn't voking. Despite searching as PLD/NIN and arriving to the camp as PLD/NIN, somehow i'm supposed to have a WAR job ability and also be expected to just die and lose exp as the only frontline member not /nin.
So, so, so, SO many goddamn fuckin know-nothing shitheads in this community, and you fucks are the reason why this server will never truly work. You could get the era code, you can get the era gameplay, but you're never going to have the era socialization of kindness and compassion. It's mostly just fuckers here, ironically sans the asian community. It would have been nice if there were as many or more people who actually socialized as there were complete asshats, but I suppose that's too much to expect huh.

What a waste of 2 months.

As a main whm in retail during era and a main whm here, cure was incredibly broken. In retail my divine seal was on cool down from using it so much. Here, I only use it to turn a spell Aoe. Never used it for cures or anything. It was retarded how much it was over powered. People used it as a crutch and expected it to stay over powered. Now that its changed, they don't like it and cant do what they use too, well according to you. It's where it is suppose to be now. If you arn't a fan, play a dps.

Also did you even consider all these people "harassing" you about pld/nin when leveling were trying to help/teach you? Obviously you don't take criticism well, and this thread proves it. If people were complaining you weren't voking and holding hate, its because You obviously couldn't hold the hate in a tp burn pty, since thats what most ptys are now a days. A cure isn't going to help you. None of the real end game paladins are complaining about the update to my knowledge. So... sounds like a you problem.

For the last time. Its not a paladin problem. Its a game problem. Paladin just happened to receive it the worst.

Paladin was my first 75 job. Know that means? That means i still had a dozen more jobs to work on, which because of the cure revamp are a dozen more jobs I'd rather not play at all, cause to get them levelled would be to party, and to party now is gonna suck. Took me a month and a half playin every day to get PLD75, and now it seems its gonna take 2-3months to another job to 75 too. The old pace is just impossible now. Healers will run out of mp quicker, need more breaks, dd will die more often, more waiting around for fucking <Weakened>, and more undue stress as people start giving each other even more shit and hatin on their mages for seemingly doing a bad job when know the mages in their party last week had no trouble keeping everyone alive.

The most pride i had while playing this game was soloing the Odontotyranus NM at-level for one of my PLD AF pieces. 8 sweating minutes of popping every ability and spell I had and only just barely coming out the victor, all the while Yagudo are repopping around me and doing my best to keep hidden in the corner. But this is something another at-level PLD now wouldn't be able to do. They just wouldn't have enough MP to keep themselves alive.
Fuckin up cures has fucked up the core pace of the game that virtually everyone here for as long as the server has been up, was familiar with. But if that's just "era" and it ain't going back to how it'd been for the past 6 years, then whatever -- only problem obviously is my dislike of it, so I wont play.

I think you're missing an important point here- the majority of the server is at endgame at this point. No one in here gives a shit about your xp experience because it's such a tiny part of the playing experience on Nasomi at this point. The game is being and ought to be balanced around end-game. Sorry you can't seem to understand that even though you have two dozen endgame players saying it over and over.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:06 am 

May as well man up and delete everyone's endgame characters then, given they'd mostly gotten by on easy-mode non-era adjustments.

Also cool attitude my guy
"Fuck new players, fuck community, only us OG's who got our easy fishing gil and easy 75's and easy broken loot are the ones that matter."

YA'LL FEEL FREE TO STAND UP IF YOU'RE LOOKIN TO GET KNOCKED DOWN. OBVIOUSLY THERE ARE SOME PROBLEM PLAYERS IN THIS COMMUNITY THAT NEED TO BE NAMED.

just kidding, i can't babysit nasty people all day.

There are some good players, real swell players here. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to meet them. But it seems mostly awful people use the forum, and when these same awful people play in-game, their attitudes don't change much. Can't imagine being 30 years old and still acting like a frustrated mean teen. Inb4 "i'm not 30". You're damn close. You're an adult, in the least. Even if you were 12 years old playin this game in 2006, you're at least 25 now.

Pretty sure jabberwacky can keep a train of thought more consistent than this forum.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 am 

ZweiHerzen wrote:
May as well man up and delete everyone's endgame characters then, given they'd mostly gotten by on easy-mode non-era adjustments.

"Fuck new players, fuck community, only us OG's who got our easy fishing gil and easy 75's and easy broken loot are the ones that matter."

YA'LL FEEL FREE TO STAND UP IF YOU'RE LOOKIN TO GET KNOCKED DOWN. OBVIOUSLY THERE ARE SOME PROBLEM PLAYERS IN THIS COMMUNITY THAT NEED TO BE NAMED.

There are some good players, real swell players here. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to meet them. But it seems mostly awful people use the forum, and when these same awful people play in-game, their attitudes don't change much. Can't imagine being 30 years old and still acting like a frustrated mean teen. Inb4 "i'm not 30". You're damn close. You're an adult, in the least. Even if you were 12 years old playin this game in 2006, you're at least 25 now.

The main person raging in this thread is you. I've only been on the server 11 months. I don't have fishing leveled. I don't have an alt leveled past 38. I am playing the same game as you. The only difference is I'm not on here whining and making excuses. If you don't like the server then be a man of your word and gtfo lol. Instead of repeatedly responding after you've responded for the last time. Methinks I smell a troll ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:20 am 

ZweiHerzen wrote:
I get that you're slow, man -- but you saying RNG was nerfed and expecting to be taken seriously, when they dish out the most damage short of BLM, is just buttfucking ridiculous. I mentioned paladin there only for the sake of mentioning paladin's 2-hour, Invincible. Feel free to go back and re-read that post my dude. Invincible is the highest enmity generating action in the entire game, and Rangers can just about match it with their TP moves. It don't matter if you got 2 WARs on that motherfucker spamming pentathrust, RNG gets their TP move off and then they're forced into doing melee like the other DD's, provided it didn't kill the mob outright.

Jesus christ, your signature says PhD in Shitposting but you ain't even trying. You sit there and complain that RNG is a dead worthless nerfed job while just inventing random fucking ideas in your own headcanon that don't even apply to the game while just searching for any little thing to start an argument over like a dumbshit loser.

Its people like you, and boy are there a ton, that were the reason i found it so hard to enjoy my time here while I was. Fuckin absolute know-nothing dickheads giving lip when you ain't got a fucking single facet of worthwhile shareable anything rolling around in that empty skull.
I must have had three or four self-proclaimed "75PLD's" give me shit during parties cause I wasn't voking. Despite searching as PLD/NIN and arriving to the camp as PLD/NIN, somehow i'm supposed to have a WAR job ability and also be expected to just die and lose exp as the only frontline member not /nin.
So, so, so, SO many goddamn fuckin know-nothing shitheads in this community, and you fucks are the reason why this server will never truly work. You could get the era code, you can get the era gameplay, but you're never going to have the era socialization of kindness and compassion. It's mostly just fuckers here, ironically sans the asian community. It would have been nice if there were as many or more people who actually socialized as there were complete asshats, but I suppose that's too much to expect huh.

Ranger did a lot of damage in XP parties. It was reasonable damage in endgame but not good enough that it's something you'd worry about.

I've also got a 75 BLM that is nearly as geared as my ranger was and I sold most of my ranger gear at a pretty small loss so I'm not too torn up about it, beyond enjoying bitching.

You seem to have a generally poor understanding of how the game works, both retail and Nasomi. The amount of ranting you are doing while exposing your lack of knowledge makes you look a shade deranged.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 am 

ZweiHerzen wrote:

I was mean on the internet when I was a teenager, and yeah, I'm still mean now. And yeah, I'm 30.

But as I get older, spending a few minutes arguing with people still remains entertaining.

I don't have a craft leveled. I don't have the time to play hardcore. I don't have an alt that's even level 10. But I want broken things to be fixed. I don't want them dumbed down. I have a limited amount of free time to play games, and I want to spend it playing a game that I enjoy. And I enjoy this era of FFXI. Sorry that you don't, but that's what this server is about.

XPing is easy. This change will make minimal difference there. If it's making a major difference, you're playing wrong. So... Get good?

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:52 am 

I know this thread is going off topic but has anyone noticed that since this past fix, resting for mp generates a lot hate? I am pulling hate off of a bst pet by gaining 1 or 2 ticks of mp at the start of ap fight. Since i am galka, it was a large chunk of my mp pool at the time. Just asking if anyone else notice this. . .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:38 am 

ZweiHerzen wrote:
The_Carrot wrote:
ZweiHerzen wrote:
I gotta say, I really do not understand the preoccupation with making the game worse solely to serve some misguided memory of what the game was like 13 years ago, or why that memory should be figured as superior. It's already hard enough for PLD to get and keep hate and it just got that much harder, while making it even more necessary that PLD's subjob /nin since they can't cure themselves as reliably to afford tanking hits directly.

I feel ya, but this cure revamp has been incoming for a long time now. Just the same as a bst pulling level 99 jug pets out, a whm having higher cures for less emnity, makes alot of things too easy. Whm being 1/3 of the tactical trinity, it takes 1/3 of the strategy out of level 75 era tactics. PLD isn't terribly affected by this. I mean really.... How much cure are you spamming? If you're a taru pld you may actually come to a decent loss before your MP is dried up, but anything else, I doubt you're going to feel the difference in your emnity. This is a WHM and RDM thing, not a PLD thing, you'll be ok.

It's ~15% reduced cures. Curing is about the only thing PLD can do from one moment to the next, else it's cooldown utopia. They ain't there for DD or enfeebles.

Aeroo wrote:
Oh god its the copy pasta guy from the paladin thread. Please post another 3 paragraphs on why plds cant tank while you see them in endgame tanking just about every single mob worthwhile.

Just gonna throw this out there, but I'm the second Paladin on that list. I was tanking the boss in Dynamis Qufim and not having any unexpected issues. Honestly I wasn't aware Nas had changed all cure spells at the time I just thought it was a Cure V fix, and didn't notice a large difference on Paladin. No unexpected threat issues, the BLM pulled hate off me a couple times but that's what Black mages do. I didn't catch what he'd done until I switched to Red Mage to do a little farming. Seeing Cure IV healing for about 100 points less kinda hurt my soul, because I know all too well how stressful it's going to be to heal my next merit party. Probably %15-%20 more so. But we shall persevere.

Viktoriya wrote:
Who exp's with Paladins on DD jobs anyway? I turn down parties all the time if there is PLD's in it.

We gotta get the job to 75 somehow. Grab a great sword, equip DD gear, and pretend to be a DRK, toss on a MP+ set and heal, there are ways to make Paladin at least less of a drag. Unfortunately too many are stuck in the 'sub Warrior and face tank all the things' mind set.

Last edited by Aewyn on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:40 am 

Aewyn wrote:
ZweiHerzen wrote:
The_Carrot wrote:

I feel ya, but this cure revamp has been incoming for a long time now. Just the same as a bst pulling level 99 jug pets out, a whm having higher cures for less emnity, makes alot of things too easy. Whm being 1/3 of the tactical trinity, it takes 1/3 of the strategy out of level 75 era tactics. PLD isn't terribly affected by this. I mean really.... How much cure are you spamming? If you're a taru pld you may actually come to a decent loss before your MP is dried up, but anything else, I doubt you're going to feel the difference in your emnity. This is a WHM and RDM thing, not a PLD thing, you'll be ok.

It's ~15% reduced cures. Curing is about the only thing PLD can do from one moment to the next, else it's cooldown utopia. They ain't there for DD or enfeebles.

Aeroo wrote:
Oh god its the copy pasta guy from the paladin thread. Please post another 3 paragraphs on why plds cant tank while you see them in endgame tanking just about every single mob worthwhile.

Just gonna throw this out there, but I'm the second Paladin on that list. I was tanking the boss in Dynamis Qufim and not having any unexpected issues. Honestly I wasn't aware Nas had changed all cure spells at the time I just thought it was a Cure V fix, and didn't notice a large difference on Paladin. No unexpected threat issues, the BLM pulled hate off me a couple times but that's what Black mages do. I didn't catch what he'd done until I switched to Red Mage to do a little farming. Seeing Cure IV healing for about 100 points less kinda hurt my soul, because I know all too well how stressful it's going to be to heal my next merit party. Probably %15-%20 more so. But we shall persevere.

No, we don't persevere. We bitch and then quit nasomi, apparently.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:52 pm 

ZweiHerzen wrote:

i thought you promised to go away.

I don't know you, and I mean this as sincerely as possible: Almost everything you've said in this thread is factually wrong, and that is astounding.

also: what's weird is how little has actually change in XP parties since the cure change, compared to panic this guy feels from sucking.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next