Lobby: Up
Online: 46
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject: Re: Cure revamp
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:00 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
also: what's weird is how little has actually change in XP parties since the cure change, compared to panic this guy feels from sucking.

This.

Have you actually tried an XP party since the maint or are you too busy complaining about it on here?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:04 pm 

yah. its been fine. i don't get the fact how we've went 9 pages with this dude having sheer panic about something that demonstrably doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:08 pm 

Viktoriya wrote:
Aewyn wrote:

We gotta get the job to 75 somehow. Grab a great sword, equip DD gear, and pretend to be a DRK, toss on a MP+ set and heal, there are ways to make Paladin at least less of a drag. Unfortunately too many are stuck in the 'sub Warrior and face tank all the things' mind set.

I should add a disclaimer, if they're a friend, I don't mind biting the bullet. But pickup parties? Fuck that, they're not tanking over any DD I play. It takes very little effort on this server to pull hate, especially when you're geared to the teeth. Can also throw BLM's in there, slow the party down too much, PLD and a BLM = lolparty on nasomi.

I'm mostly letting Paladins that aren't 75 know there are other ways to play the job that aren't warrior sub turtle tanking sword & board for 5-7k an hour. Paladin can get 10-15k+ too if it gets out of that mindset. And that their job end-game is safe.

Last edited by Aewyn on Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:11 pm 

ZweiHerzen wrote:
I get that you're slow, man -- but you saying RNG was nerfed and expecting to be taken seriously, when they dish out the most damage short of BLM, is just buttfucking ridiculous. I mentioned paladin there only for the sake of mentioning paladin's 2-hour, Invincible. Feel free to go back and re-read that post my dude. Invincible is the highest enmity generating action in the entire game, and Rangers can just about match it with their TP moves. It don't matter if you got 2 WARs on that motherfucker spamming pentathrust, RNG gets their TP move off and then they're forced into doing melee like the other DD's, provided it didn't kill the mob outright.

Jesus christ, your signature says PhD in Shitposting but you ain't even trying. You sit there and complain that RNG is a dead worthless nerfed job while just inventing random fucking ideas in your own headcanon that don't even apply to the game while just searching for any little thing to start an argument over like a dumbshit loser.

Its people like you, and boy are there a ton, that were the reason i found it so hard to enjoy my time here while I was. Fuckin absolute know-nothing dickheads giving lip when you ain't got a fucking single facet of worthwhile shareable anything rolling around in that empty skull.
I must have had three or four self-proclaimed "75PLD's" give me shit during parties cause I wasn't voking. Despite searching as PLD/NIN and arriving to the camp as PLD/NIN, somehow i'm supposed to have a WAR job ability and also be expected to just die and lose exp as the only frontline member not /nin.
So, so, so, SO many goddamn fuckin know-nothing shitheads in this community, and you fucks are the reason why this server will never truly work. You could get the era code, you can get the era gameplay, but you're never going to have the era socialization of kindness and compassion. It's mostly just fuckers here, ironically sans the asian community. It would have been nice if there were as many or more people who actually socialized as there were complete asshats, but I suppose that's too much to expect huh.

What a waste of 2 months.

Lmao I am almost positive I partied with you couple weeks ago, didnt realize until I was at the camp you were PLD/NIN. You couldnt hold hate for your life and only time you could was when THF SATA on you. The fact you think pld/nin is good for exp shows your brainless and have zero clue about PLD and this game. Go play my little pony or island kitty adventure.

Best PLD on Nasomi
Best BRD on Nasomi
TopShelf MVP 2017-2020
Voted Nasomi Server Player of the Century Award
Sackholder in TS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:26 pm 

Viktoriya wrote:
Aewyn wrote:

We gotta get the job to 75 somehow. Grab a great sword, equip DD gear, and pretend to be a DRK, toss on a MP+ set and heal, there are ways to make Paladin at least less of a drag. Unfortunately too many are stuck in the 'sub Warrior and face tank all the things' mind set.

I should add a disclaimer, if they're a friend, I don't mind biting the bullet. But pickup parties? Fuck that, they're not tanking over any DD I play. It takes very little effort on this server to pull hate, especially when you're geared to the teeth. Can also throw BLM's in there, slow the party down too much, PLD and a BLM = lolparty on nasomi.

I was getting easy chain 30s in Mt. Z in a party not only with a PLD and a BLM, but also a THF and WHM. And it was a pickup party!

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:33 pm 

As a side note has anyone noticed a change with enmity with curaga? We were exping yesterday in our set in the 60s in subterrane on Puktraps / Crawlers with brd, rdm, pld, thf, thf, sam and whenever the rdm would curaga to wake everyone, every single time they would pull hate regardless of the hp % of the mob. We had an outside PL curing and some fights the rdm never even touched the mob prior to the curaga but still pulled hate.

Curaga enmity weird or was it the mob?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:43 pm 

popsiclestick wrote:
I know this thread is going off topic but has anyone noticed that since this past fix, resting for mp generates a lot hate? I am pulling hate off of a bst pet by gaining 1 or 2 ticks of mp at the start of ap fight. Since i am galka, it was a large chunk of my mp pool at the time. Just asking if anyone else notice this. . .

Yeah. I have noticed some really odd things with resting getting hate for no clear reason.

As for as the guy spouting off the doom and gloom... lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:48 pm 

"We’re aware of a cure hate issue and working to get it resolved."

Or yall can listen to people, nas did lol.

Cure hate issue is tied into resting hate and has been fixed. It will be pushed into production with tomorrow’s maintenance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:17 pm 

This isn't a reply to anyone individually specifically, cause i'm not gonna do that anymore here.
Yes, I partied after the revamp. It was awful. A previously working setup went to garbage in The Boyahda Tree, and the tree isn't even as tough as Zhayolm or Caedarva. That particular party also had one of the aforementioned shit-talking self-proclaimed 75PLD's, the RDM specifically. I didn't really do PLD/NIN til Caedarva/Bibiki cause nothing usually hit consistently hard enough to warrant it, pre-CureNerf anyway. Crawlers doing incinerate for 350~500 damage was only occasional, otherwise the rest of their attacks could be tanked with consistent heals. But after doing the camps and getting closer and closer to 75, I was realizing -- "hey, I think i'm tired of being duped into dying and losing progress, and that I'd like to get 75 already" -- so I dropped /WAR and picked up /NIN like everyone else, and had some of the smoothest parties I'd had yet, prior to the nerf anyway. I had a lot of complainers in the parties wondering what use I was if I wasn't tanking with /WAR, and I expressed it the same right back at them. What indeed is the point of paladin. Even as /WAR, the aggro distribution isn't much better. I could voke and flash right off the THF pulling the mob in, and someone will do their TP move as the mob makes it's way to me, and then it's just gone like I hadn't used them at all. I mean, I know what paladin can do, but it seems there is a contradiction in pretty much all the information about paladin on the internet in claiming that it is a tank to spoil everyone else's assumption -- when it really isn't, cause that's not how enmity works in this game. Enmity is mostly by big damage or big heals, and paladin doesn't do either of these things well. Short of idle provoke/flash, Paladin only has it's long-ass cooldown abilities to gain hate. They don't have enough natural DEX to land hits consistently, and there isn't much benefit to using greatsword instead of sword given they'd lose shield bash, and there'd be no benefit to gearswapping shield bash in cause the control of hate from one moment to the next is on TP moves. Paladin can't tank hits unless it's got hate, and short of using the PLD 2-hour, whatever aggro PLD can get for themselves in a party is fleeting, temporary, situational, and usually not an available option cause it's on cooldown. But PLD doesn't really have anything specifically good about it in terms of defensive options other than the Shield Mastery job trait, or relic gear post-75. PLD gets hit just as hard by incinerate as any other frontline melee member. PLD gets hit just as hard by Spinal Cleave as any other frontline melee member. PLD gets hit just as hard, the only difference being they could cure themselves (and probably take another hit during the process of casting). A PLD with no breathing room can die just about as easily as any other frontline melee holding aggro. This got me all to thinkin' that the real way the late-game is meant to be played is not with any single tank role, because playing it like that is just undue stress and a high chance of killing a party member, be they PLD or otherwise. The real way is for DD to control hate through TP moves, having the mob trade hate among them, and giving them all a fair and healthy amount of time to keep their shadows up when one doesn't have aggro. PLD can help a little by flashing, but again if ain't a flash from idle, there's isn't much chance the flash itself is going to pull hate - but it can temporarily blind the mob so whoever is aggro'd can get their shadows up. Any other DD/NIN there instead of the PLD would be able to actually deal effective damage and get hate with a TP move though, and that just gets back to how useless PLD is, and how much more useless it is now thanks to the cure nerf.

None of what I complained was mere guessing or assuming, or lies as a shitposter may claim. It's all just logical steps and personal play experience. Not even being able to clear 200HP on a Cure3 anymore is some sad, sad stuff. The parties went slower, alright. More people end up in yellow-hp with the mages chiming "oom" quicker. Jobs that get hate but can't deal with hate well are dying faster, like RNG. More time waiting for weakened. More time bitching about why they didn't get healed. More time to take breaks to regen mp. All these minutes are gonna add up real fast over the course of a day, a week, a month, a year. It took a lot from me to learn this game and get adjusted to it's slow pace and acquire some due patience, but now it's just asking too much. I really don't have the time, which is something coming from someone who'd been playin' here 8 hours a day. To those who play less frequently, all I can say is <Good Luck!>. Even the average highest death rate on the Online Status page had gone from 8 to 11. I'd hate to be anyone insisting the game didn't become more of a drag by the cure nerf, only as just some vain attempt at trolling or convincing their own self of something.
But "era" is "era", and I ought to realize that this change to cures won't be undone, even despite being aware of how negatively it has affected everyone playing here, and likely more than it has just myself who'd only been playing for 2 months, when the cures were good for years and years. But those 2 months are also why I can walk away from a bad change, cause I don't have years and years of investment. Maybe I had hoped Nasomi would post something regarding the cure revamp, but I will take that hope away, and with it - any further posts.

Be a big man, and don't reply with argument. You wont get the attention anymore from me, anyway.

Pretty sure jabberwacky can keep a train of thought more consistent than this forum.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:10 pm 

ZweiHerzen wrote:
I'm a babbling moron who WILL get the last word no matter what. Now THIS time I am truly gone.

ZweiHerzen wrote:
AND ANOTHER THING

We get it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next