Online: 66
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Best Quests in FFXI?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:29 pm 

Hey Nasomi -

I've recently started on Nasomi, and since I have the world in front of me I feel like it's finally time to tackle a YouTube series I've always wanted to do but could never bring myself to reroll on Retail for the footage I'd need.

With that out of the way, I'm looking to do a series on the best quests in FFXI (release to ToAU) and I'm reaching out to the community to offer their input. I'm not going to define "best" -- whatever it is that means to you. Maybe it's the rewards, or the writing, or the importance of what the quest unlocks, or the difficulty, whatever. Best is rather subjective. Story missions included. I don't plan to rank the quests or anything, just do a series where I talk about the quest, why it was good, etc. I have no idea if anyone would find that interesting, but I would ;) I also haven't released content on YouTube in YEARS, so who knows how well this is going to turn out xD

So, what do you guys think are the best quests in FFXI?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 pm 

S.O.B. questline.

The stone tablet/monument quest from Selbina had some good lore as well.

There's a very interwoven storyline with CoP (Louverance) which incorporates a number of small Sandoria quests which you don't find out connect until you do CoP; that was interesting.

I kind of liked the nin job quest one (Ayame/Kaede?) & the storyline between the mother, father & daughters (& whoever that old friend of the mother was).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:50 pm 

Lu Shang's rod.

You might need to make this a multi episode thing... idk how long youtube videos can be.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:04 pm 

Missions are good, if you go in order. Nations >> ZMs >> CoP.... ToAU is kinda non continuant but iz ok.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:18 pm 

Tessei wrote:
S.O.B. questline.

The S.O.B questline is a good one, totally forgot about that one!

Quote:
Lu Shang's rod.

You might need to make this a multi episode thing... idk how long youtube videos can be.

I already plan on making it a multi-video series. There's no way I can tackle all the good quests in a single video, lol. As for Lu Shang's rod.. I'm probably gonna have to save that one for later. There's no way my brand new, just-barely Level 30, character can get anywhere near that rod right now :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:46 am 

I very much enjoyed the Beastmen Treasure (Elshimo Lowlands Region) sidequest in Yuhtunga. this is the one you'd have to do to obtain the Mermaid's Ring (enmity) equipment, but unfortunately, the NPC to begin the quest does not spawn here...

ah well, i suppose. i can only hope nasomi will see this. it might not be such a difficult fix for such an epic sidequest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:59 am 

This is not just me being biased (maybe a little biased) but I think of all the job flag and AF quests, DRG has the most well thought out story line.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:06 pm 

The quest to get the map of tavnazian stronghold was good.