Lobby: Up
Online: 70
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:41 pm 

ZweiHerzen wrote:
Cannibul wrote:
Just chiming to say I've always been a fan of pop items. I think all notorious monsters should have mobs in their respective zone that have a very low chance of dropping the pop item. This would still create competition by having to be quick to claim regular mobs.

a 75thf running around demolishing excessively low level mobs trying to force the nm to pop so they can get their payday is the dumb part though.

Edit: misread something but the point still stands.

Yep, and whats even more sad is the last THF i talked to killed it 8 times with no drop.

Assuming 1 hour window thats 8 hours of farming insect wings for nothing.

Sad!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:36 pm 

Bump to put leaping lizzy and valkurm emperor on endangered species list and decrease drop rate so 75's go do something else

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:23 pm 

sprinkle wrote:
Bump to put leaping lizzy and valkurm emperor on endangered species list and decrease drop rate so 75's go do something else

That’ll just cause the price of the respective item to skyrocket, making it more tempting to 75s, and also making it less attainable to low level players. Everyone has the same opportunity to get LL right now. All you need is voke or jump or charm. The only thing low level players lack is practice.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:18 pm 

sprinkle wrote:

Thank God you don't run this server because all your bright ideas would actually have the opposite effect of what you claim to want :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:53 pm 

EX Would completely remove farming and all 75s would go farm something else for gil leaving people who actually want boots a chance to get them!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:11 pm 

sprinkle wrote:
EX Would completely remove farming and all 75s would go farm something else for gil leaving people who actually want boots a chance to get them!

Ugh, you're oblivious. You seem to think that a lvl 75 player has some kind of massive edge over lower lvl players when camping VE or LL, but it's just not true. And most people have lvl 75 jobs - it's really not some elite club or anything.

I'd even suggest that the more THFs that farm those mobs with TH3+ will actually help to keep the prices lower by improving overall drop rate. They don't have any edge in claiming, but when they do claim they have a better likelihood of getting drops. Have you ever even devoted any time to camping any of them? It takes time to get an understanding of it, but absolutely anyone can be successful given enough time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:56 am 

sprinkle wrote:

Getting boots is super easy because they drop from an joke of a BC30 at a nice high drop rate. I bet the lvl 45 THF's who actually know how to play the game are happy that they can make some gil on boots. The reason it was changed on retail was because RMT was a major problem. On Nasomi RMT isn't as big of a problem. If you don't like to compete, maybe Nasomi isn't the right server for your choice of play style.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:51 pm 

Dodi wrote:
sprinkle wrote:

Getting boots is super easy because they drop from an joke of a BC30 at a nice high drop rate. I bet the lvl 45 THF's who actually know how to play the game are happy that they can make some gil on boots. The reason it was changed on retail was because RMT was a major problem. On Nasomi RMT isn't as big of a problem. If you don't like to compete, maybe Nasomi isn't the right server for your choice of play style.

This. If you want the boots to use and you don't like competition do the BCNM. It's not that hard. If you want to make gil, it makes sense that you'd compete for it. Nobody but you thinks farming is a bad idea. This isn't broken. You might be though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:27 pm 

Honestly? No, competition for an item is nice. Not wanting competition is about the same as not wanting to work but reap the rewards. I think there should be both the normal versions (Camped NM) and a rare/ex versions (Via farming BCNMs), A lot of items already have a BCNM version (if not all, I don't remember), so that people can do either or. What needs to be nixed is the plugin abuse that allows claiming before normal clients even see a target and Nas has already killed off plenty of people. You just gotta roll with it, do without or stick yourself into the fray.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:17 pm 

I’m pretty sure everyone is in favor of a few pop items. They are called beastmen seals and kindred seals...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next