Lobby: Up
Online: 33
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:38 pm 

Julia wrote:
I'm with Wolff on this one. It is one thing to share a lucrative recipe. It is quite another to broadcast why the price is higher. That is exploitative. This tips off others to scour the recipe databases to find other items that can be exploited in the exact same way. That is disruptive to the economy.

100% right, adjusted OP.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:40 pm 

Lol good save. Now it is acceptable to keep doing it!

Hilarious

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:01 pm 

Camper wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:
Camper wrote:

Lmao, what’s 2M when you have an Ukko-sized wallet?

I don't really think I want to spend much time defending abusing an error in the game, just because it got noticed when he was only up to 2M... but sure, that's not a ton.

While we’re at it, I once sold my only signed pair of DG+1 to Bemont. Discuss

Damn your boy over here with no sig on his too :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:05 am 

reported it to nas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:14 am 

Aeroo wrote:
Camper wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:

I don't really think I want to spend much time defending abusing an error in the game, just because it got noticed when he was only up to 2M... but sure, that's not a ton.

Isn't there a rule where topshelf members are not allowed to harass other players? Something about ruining the game for new players.

You won at the game time to let other people play.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:17 am 

deathmolor wrote:
Aeroo wrote:
Camper wrote:

Isn't there a rule where topshelf members are not allowed to harass other players? Something about ruining the game for new players.

You won at the game time to let other people play.

Do you even know any of the people in that quote? Only one of them is in TopShelf and I'm pretty sure he wasn't harassing Camper, who is certainly not a "new player" either.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:14 pm 

Camper, can you provide one more meme to summarize this entire thread please?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:00 pm 

Was a huge problem back in the old days. Most of it got fixed, nobody got banned for it, Many players reported such things, used to be an open discussion on it in the old forums. You would of course be shunned for it, but it was decided back then that it couldn't be considered an exploit, npc values are nasomi's job to govern, and not the players job to stop selling to them. It requires no additional effort to hit the sell button as it does for any other item, therefore it's not an exploit. Nasomi will change it once he feels it's a problem.

The gil apocalypse happened because of something entirely different. There are plenty of synths you can farm the mats on and sell to NPCs and Guilds for great profit, that have always been there, even in retail.

There are other synths that are much more lucrative than the one discussed here, that are taken advantage of constantly. Some are even out of era synths. People tippy-toe around the subject the same as they tippy-toe around actual exploits. Most of the time it's because they don't want to push Nasomi into a full blown synth revamp (I personally feel it's long overdue). People enjoy getting their crafts up, to turn profits that require little effort. If you had to stand on a certain pixel, open the menu 3 times, sell 1 item, then the price of another item jumped to 10x the value, then it would be an exploit. This is a case of uncovering a price that has been coded at the value it is, not an exploit if it's admin error or oversight. This is however, valuable information to press another npc sells price revamp. It's happened 2 times so far, and it should really be looked at again. I can assure you it's far from accurate still.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:44 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
Was a huge problem back in the old days. Most of it got fixed, nobody got banned for it, Many players reported such things, used to be an open discussion on it in the old forums. You would of course be shunned for it, but it was decided back then that it couldn't be considered an exploit, npc values are nasomi's job to govern, and not the players job to stop selling to them. It requires no additional effort to hit the sell button as it does for any other item, therefore it's not an exploit. Nasomi will change it once he feels it's a problem.

This is such a dumb reasoning. That’s true for everything lol. It’s Nasomi’s job to govern whether a mob can see you up a hill, or can’t run cleanly around the area it spawns too.

[quote=“The_Carrot”]The gil apocalypse happened because of something entirely different. There are plenty of synths you can farm the mats on and sell to NPCs and Guilds for great profit, that have always been there, even in retail. [/quote]

Ehh.. it was for a fairly similar reason. Just a bigger version of this issue.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:15 am 

Wolffhardt wrote:
The_Carrot wrote:

This is such a dumb reasoning. That’s true for everything lol. It’s Nasomi’s job to govern whether a mob can see you up a hill, or can’t run cleanly around the area it spawns too.

[quote=“The_Carrot”]The gil apocalypse happened because of something entirely different. There are plenty of synths you can farm the mats on and sell to NPCs and Guilds for great profit, that have always been there, even in retail.

Ehh.. it was for a fairly similar reason. Just a bigger version of this issue.[/quote]

Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying it was decided back then that you wouldn't be banned for it, cause it was/is his job to adjust those prices. We used to have a problem with guild NPCs, like a stack of tiger fangs would get you 180k by trading it to the BC guild shop, that was when it got decided. Otherwise I would have been banned like 4 years ago since I did that a couple times before I found out it was broke. I commend the OP for stepping up though, there's still alot of it out there but this will be 1 more thing set right. Good job :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next