Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:50 pm 

I am not excusing his actions, but he seems to have stopped. I just hope if he is allowed to stay that he learns from it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:53 pm 

i was laughing at your spelling. makes it have a funny meaning

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:57 pm 

Nathano wrote:
I am not excusing his actions, but he seems to have stopped. I just hope if he is allowed to stay that he learns from it.

I mean, after getting publicly called out he hasn't said anything, sure.

But this is hardly the first time Chess has acted out like this, lol.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:24 pm 

lockecole777 wrote:
Julia wrote:
On the other side of the coin, Nasomi is well within the jurisdiction of Pennsylvania, and he is concerned about his own liability. Nasomi has several times said that part of the purpose of the rules is to protect himself.

The way this is going to work out is Nasomi evaluates whether this is a credible threat (I think it is not), and then he is going to have to decide how much he wants to keep evaluating more examples like this in the future. This is someone pushing the envelope, and I'm sure that there are other people here who would be perfectly happy to take this opportunity to start making empty threats just like this one. Taken to its extreme it will eventually lead to more extravagant and unlikely threats that have no relationship with what is going on in the game.

Whether or not Chess means what he says isn't really the important part; the important part is whether or not an outside legal third party will take this serious that doesnt understand the typically harmless drama in an online game. Taken out of context, and not taking into account the fact that Chess is a huge pussy that probably has never attempted physical violence on a person ever in his life, I could see this being damning evidence. Enough for at least a restraining order or at least some kind of verbal notice to be taken. THIS is what I think perhaps could cause Nasomi to take action. I've been a part of a drinking related death as a bartender, and you'd be surprised the amount of stuff that they dig up in order to incriminate someone.

P.S. On what planet is Gaiters, K.C. and Novio worth $15,000? $4,000 tops, and thats not including bulk pricing. (sorry its too easy to google this stuff.)

Am I a bad person for not caring about restraining orders or warnings between individual players? A 12m gil novio would be ~$500.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:26 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
Nathano wrote:

I mean, after getting publicly called out he hasn't said anything, sure.

But this is hardly the first time Chess has acted out like this, lol.

Bolded for emphasis.

It goes in waves with Chess. When things are going his/CM's way he's happy and will engage in banter/trash talk. When someone questions his authority/knocks him/CM down a peg, he goes off the deep end.

It is his standard behavior. Anyone(not in CM, even then a lot will agree) who has been in the endgame scene for any period of time for the past year will back what I'm saying.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:29 pm 

i dont call him cluster b for nothing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:24 am 

Just so you guys know, chess ran alot of raids on VG ( Vanilla gaming ) Wow server and awarded himself the best piece of gear in the game then quit.

He is a master manipulator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:32 am 

Julia wrote:
lockecole777 wrote:
Julia wrote:
On the other side of the coin, Nasomi is well within the jurisdiction of Pennsylvania, and he is concerned about his own liability. Nasomi has several times said that part of the purpose of the rules is to protect himself.

The way this is going to work out is Nasomi evaluates whether this is a credible threat (I think it is not), and then he is going to have to decide how much he wants to keep evaluating more examples like this in the future. This is someone pushing the envelope, and I'm sure that there are other people here who would be perfectly happy to take this opportunity to start making empty threats just like this one. Taken to its extreme it will eventually lead to more extravagant and unlikely threats that have no relationship with what is going on in the game.

Whether or not Chess means what he says isn't really the important part; the important part is whether or not an outside legal third party will take this serious that doesnt understand the typically harmless drama in an online game. Taken out of context, and not taking into account the fact that Chess is a huge pussy that probably has never attempted physical violence on a person ever in his life, I could see this being damning evidence. Enough for at least a restraining order or at least some kind of verbal notice to be taken. THIS is what I think perhaps could cause Nasomi to take action. I've been a part of a drinking related death as a bartender, and you'd be surprised the amount of stuff that they dig up in order to incriminate someone.

P.S. On what planet is Gaiters, K.C. and Novio worth $15,000? $4,000 tops, and thats not including bulk pricing. (sorry its too easy to google this stuff.)

Am I a bad person for not caring about restraining orders or warnings between individual players? A 12m gil novio would be ~$500.

No, but for those saying nothing could be done if these conversations were taken to authorities, and someone truly felt threatened, I'd say people have been sued for less.

Yeah, I was going off the $40 per mil price tag (which is insane btw) and going off a 60m KC, 28-30m gaiters, 12m novio price tag. Which comes to like 100m, or like $4000.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:32 am 

I know of no failure-to-report tort that pertains to this situation. Not ignoring it is simply the decent thing to do.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:24 am 

lockecole777 wrote:
Julia wrote:

As I said before, he's in Canada. Lazy is in the US. Aint no restraining order from the US is gonna be issued to Canada.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next