Lobby: Up
Online: 51
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:15 pm 

The directions these threads take is interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:18 pm 

YOU FINALLY GOT FED UP? LOLLLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:25 pm 

On the other side of the coin, Nasomi is well within the jurisdiction of Pennsylvania, and he is concerned about his own liability. Nasomi has several times said that part of the purpose of the rules is to protect himself.

The way this is going to work out is Nasomi evaluates whether this is a credible threat (I think it is not), and then he is going to have to decide how much he wants to keep evaluating more examples like this in the future. This is someone pushing the envelope, and I'm sure that there are other people here who would be perfectly happy to take this opportunity to start making empty threats just like this one. Taken to its extreme it will eventually lead to more extravagant and unlikely threats that have no relationship with what is going on in the game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:00 am 

Damn how do I join this awesome LS?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:05 pm 

There is a history of things similar to this happening.

https://www.cnet.com/news/online-gamer- ... ber-sword/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:01 pm 

karem wrote:
Nazgul wrote:
karem wrote:

yea claim the fuck down and maybe u understand oneday and do i giva shit ?

Gonna go out on a limb here and say... no?

i was talking to Phy cuz i know him, and who the fuck r u. another serious person from serious Jersey shore?

I was just joking.. damn! No need to be so serious :lol:

------

Also while I have only had normal interactions with Chess I have seen all sorts of the bad shit about him and this is clearly messed up. I don't think it was a serious threat but that doesn't mean there won't be be repercussions.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:21 pm 

Julia wrote:
On the other side of the coin, Nasomi is well within the jurisdiction of Pennsylvania, and he is concerned about his own liability. Nasomi has several times said that part of the purpose of the rules is to protect himself.

The way this is going to work out is Nasomi evaluates whether this is a credible threat (I think it is not), and then he is going to have to decide how much he wants to keep evaluating more examples like this in the future. This is someone pushing the envelope, and I'm sure that there are other people here who would be perfectly happy to take this opportunity to start making empty threats just like this one. Taken to its extreme it will eventually lead to more extravagant and unlikely threats that have no relationship with what is going on in the game.

Whether or not Chess means what he says isn't really the important part; the important part is whether or not an outside legal third party will take this serious that doesnt understand the typically harmless drama in an online game. Taken out of context, and not taking into account the fact that Chess is a huge pussy that probably has never attempted physical violence on a person ever in his life, I could see this being damning evidence. Enough for at least a restraining order or at least some kind of verbal notice to be taken. THIS is what I think perhaps could cause Nasomi to take action. I've been a part of a drinking related death as a bartender, and you'd be surprised the amount of stuff that they dig up in order to incriminate someone.

P.S. On what planet is Gaiters, K.C. and Novio worth $15,000? $4,000 tops, and thats not including bulk pricing. (sorry its too easy to google this stuff.)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:23 pm 

lockecole777 wrote:
Julia wrote:

Whether or not Chess means what he says isn't really the important part; the important part is whether or not an outside legal third party will take this serious that doesnt understand the typically harmless drama in an online game. Taken out of context, and not taking into account the fact that Chess is a huge pussy that probably has never attempted physical violence on a person ever in his life, I could see this being damning evidence. Enough for at least a restraining order or at least some kind of verbal notice to be taken. THIS is what I think perhaps could cause Nasomi to take action. I've been a part of a drinking related death as a bartender, and you'd be surprised the amount of stuff that they dig up in order to incriminate someone.

P.S. On what planet is Gaiters, K.C. and Novio worth $15,000? $4,000 tops, and thats not including bulk pricing. (sorry its too easy to google this stuff.)

I completely see your point, but also realize there are probably many who would argue that a portion of the mass shooters in the last couple of decades, could be viewed as pussy losers whom no one feared would take any action in their lives as well. It was just very off to me, the way he asked for the address and the things he said immediately after that. This is all, of course, completely separate from any real world legal issues... if it were me, I would absolutely take his threat as 100% real. Not much percentage in discounting the threat, you only get 1 life irl.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:29 pm 

The appeal here is that NAS isn't the law and he can act as a private agent. So the concern is valid. He is right, you only get one life. But I haven't seen him flair up since. I hope that he lets this go and doesn't do it again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:49 pm 

flair up? haha

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next