Lobby: Up
Online: 65
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Thinking about returning
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:14 pm 

Before I maybe sorta, kinda, possibly decide to come back I have a few questions.

Does downloading the nasomi ffxi files still leave its entry on your install/uninstall list even after you uninstall it? I had that problem last time I had this on my computer even though the game itself is gone it leaves the nasomi icon on your list and there is no easy way, if any, to get rid of the annoyance. The only way its gone now is that hard drive was old and wasn't working properly anymore and I had to replace it.

How is obtaining gil now on the server? Is fishing still the best way to get gil? Since most older players keep the best gil making strats to themselves because "screw you, I got mine" is pretty much the motto with old ffxi vets. I've pretty much just given up on trying to obtain nm drops by killing them due to vet players hogging all the camps so I just buy everything.

Also is it easy getting in to a endgame linkshell?

Looks like the population of the server went down a bit, that's too bad.

In any case...yeeeeeeeeeeeah, mmmmkay.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:23 pm 

Never had those problems, erm gil is gil, micro economics is never friendly, define endgame? Pop does that during the summers and during a hawt new release, iz a trend.... Mmmmkay?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:50 pm 

Well I had a issue with it so its not going to happen again? Its going to uninstall clean? When it comes to the "micro economics" its particularity stacked against new players and endgame content fafnir, dynamis? and other endgame things. Then I guess it'll take another hit when wow classic comes out? I'll join your Linkshell the_carrot. yeeeeeeah.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:06 pm 

Magashi wrote:
Well I had a issue with it so its not going to happen again? Its going to uninstall clean? When it comes to the "micro economics" its particularity stacked against new players and endgame content fafnir, dynamis? and other endgame things. Then I guess it'll take another hit when wow classic comes out? I'll join your Linkshell the_carrot. yeeeeeeah.

Large majority of server is at endgame, often with 2 chars. Fafnir sees anywhere from 75 on day one to over 200 on prime-time Nid days. If you want to enter Dynamis Dreamlands at any decent hour expect to stand in line. Having a populated server has drawbacks as well as benefits. When most of the people on the server trying to do the same (small) amount of content it is bound to feel crowded.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:43 pm 

btw, try um ccleaner's registry cleaner a few times.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:44 pm 

Have to be voted in to join my linkshell, we're a different breed only interested in the likeminded. No hate, we all realize this is a game, no rush, no push, no real schedule, let living make time for games, don't let a game take time from living, and all that jazz. Plenty of endgame shells actively recruiting, criteria isn't too stringent, can get a group and accomplish eg goals without too much investment. Kings is gettin hit every pop, Kclubs can come from LoO now, sea is pretty empty usually, sky is steady (ppl mercin it nowadays), limbus is pretty strong, dynamis is strong if your in tav/xarc but getting wins will be a chore, hnm scene is strong, Higher NMs are rarely uncamped nowadays, gil is finnicky a few have gained a good portion of market share and tend to dominate it, crafting is still valid, can still print gil with synths. Fishing got a little bit of a nerf but it's still enough to pay your upkeep, farming can be crowded in some spots, HELM is about the same as it's always been, we got 75/80 inv cap items from bc50 now which revived bcnm a bit, drop rates on bcnm/ksnm were fixed and are slightly lower now with some pools a bit broke. got a couple more ksnm now, ksnm 99 works fairly well, we get toau for basically just exp, rnk 10 works now, and erm.... Oh yeh KA drops speed belt now, and roc drops healing staff.... erm.... think thats about everything pertaining to your questions?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:07 pm 

I'd normally say just come back, ffxi is always here and fun, but reading your post, yeah just stay away with your victim mentality.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:07 am 

Cilarnen wrote:
I'd normally say just come back, ffxi is always here and fun, but reading your post, yeah just stay away with your victim mentality.

Die.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:18 am 

someone complaining about complaining again?