Lobby: Up
Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:09 pm 

might as well say this. lu is kinda cheap vs. retail from this era because the ebisu quest is broken and is largely not a challenge. people only get a lu rod here for a few reasons:
(1) a loss-less woodworking 80 recipe
(2) people too impatient to do the prerequisites for the ebisu rod quest (e.g., accumulating guild points and fishing skill for the serpent rumors key item)

after i got woodworking to 80 on nasomi, my lu became a hand-me-down to my alt. I occasionally see them for sale in bazaars and the AH does move a few of them fairly regularly, but im sentimental about my lu.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:04 am 

Julia wrote:
might as well say this. lu is kinda cheap vs. retail from this era because the ebisu quest is broken and is largely not a challenge. people only get a lu rod here for a few reasons:
(2) people too impatient to do the prerequisites for the ebisu rod quest (e.g., accumulating guild points and fishing skill for the serpent rumors key item)

after i got woodworking to 80 on nasomi, my lu became a hand-me-down to my alt. I occasionally see them for sale in bazaars and the AH does move a few of them fairly regularly, but im sentimental about my lu.

I thought one could only have one craft above 70, since if you level a second above 70, the first one above 70 starts to degrade? Or is this not true.... or is fishing not counted as a craft for this purpose?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:07 am 

Rimamok wrote:
Julia wrote:

I thought one could only have one craft above 70, since if you level a second above 70, the first one above 70 starts to degrade? Or is this not true.... or is fishing not counted as a craft for this purpose?

I coulda swore that on Nasomi lvling one craft won't degrade another, which can possibly screw you if not careful. And yes, Fishing does not count.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:20 pm 

woodworking is my main character's only synthesis craft over 60. there is no reason to synth-repair a lu shang unless someone is skilling woodworking to get across the ~75-79 bridge.

you supposedly get 40 whole points to allocate over 60 across all of your synthesis crafts. the big question is what happens when you try to go more than 40 beyond. iirc, the way this was handled in retail was through the ranking system. people would interact with guild NPCs to de-rank a specific craft, causing a loss of up to 10 skill points each time a deranking is chosen, which opened another craft to rank advancement. nasomi said during one of his streams that this is not how it works on this server. he was not very clear about what the actual remedy is for trying to retroactively adjust those 40 skill points. if you are in a position where you are challenging the 40 point limit, i suggest sending a naschat PM to nasomi asking him to derank you. he's said that he is willing to delevel people who want to re-exp their pup jobs. i think he'd be willing to do it in this context if you really want to...

in any event, i have only heard of one person even considering splitting their 40 points across more than one synthesis craft. i guess you could take woodworking to 80 and stop there if your objective is simply to t3 shihei. the reality is that pretty much everyone who goes ham with crafting is shooting for something to 100.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:04 am 

Julia wrote:
woodworking is my main character's only synthesis craft over 60. there is no reason to synth-repair a lu shang unless someone is skilling woodworking to get across the ~75-79 bridge.

I thought people liked to synth-repair Lu Shang’s if they break it in the field? What are the alternatives?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:47 am 

i should have also said it is considerably more difficult to break rods on this server vs. era retail. the lu is no exception.

just start the ebisu quest. seriously.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:50 pm 

I have an eight year old daughter, so the heaviest FXI week I’m likely to see is 6 hours. ^^. I enjoy fishing but also enjoy adventuring, so the Ebisu isn’t likely to ever be on my radar. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:47 am 

Mages are rough to start with as most groups expect a PL. War was the route I took to get off my feet.

Let me know when it comes time for your subjob items. If I'm on, I'll be happy to help.