Lobby: Up
Online: 87
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:11 am 

So I tried to do a video/gif thing for it but it turned out tiny so rip that idea.

Long and short, of this last week or so I've been having the strangest DC's on zoning. It un-anons me, shows no linkpearl equipped, and I'm slowly dcing. Semi normal sure- but I'm still sending/receiving data. Just the connection itself is shitting itself out. I thought it was just sandy/windy(Cities?) but now it just happened when I went out to valk.

Not sure if something changed with the crashes or maybe something on my end got corrupted by the outages, but I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone else has been having the issue too.

Edit; Fuckit, have the gif too. Its tiny but you can see what I mean by the explaination more or less. You see my connection dipping and the S and R staying stable. https://i.imgur.com/7N2Ylm7.mp4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:22 pm 

I started experiencing these a while back (6ish months ago) when I started dual boxing. They stopped for a while, then came back. I spoke to Nabutso back then, and the tldr was "this is a network issue for some users, deal with it". It's something that comes and goes as it pleases, but when it's back it will happen often for a few days, then it'll stop for a relatively long time. Also, 100% of the time this happenes to me it's after zoning. Every time I zone either of my characters I hold my breath...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:21 pm 

Shambles wrote:
I started experiencing these a while back (6ish months ago) when I started dual boxing. They stopped for a while, then came back. I spoke to Nabutso back then, and the tldr was "this is a network issue for some users, deal with it". It's something that comes and goes as it pleases, but when it's back it will happen often for a few days, then it'll stop for a relatively long time. Also, 100% of the time this happenes to me it's after zoning. Every time I zone either of my characters I hold my breath...

If that's the case - that I need to just deal with it, thats BS. I've been playing for some 18months and only now it started happening but.. god damn. Hopefully someone else can say something about it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:44 pm 

i've had that issue for months til i finally got fed up with it. i saved my User folder and did a fresh install of the game; it fixed the problem immediately. you may have an older client like i did.

Blessthefall
75WHM 75BRD 75SMN 75BST
Garbage/Trash/Chatoyant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:59 pm 

islandwalk wrote:
i've had that issue for months til i finally got fed up with it. i saved my User folder and did a fresh install of the game; it fixed the problem immediately. you may have an older client like i did.

Hmm.. maybe? But it sounds like it might have been some file got corrupted too- if a fresh install fixes it. Food for thought anyway

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:32 pm 

I had the same issue w/ the DCing on zoning and crappy lag/being unable to log in half the time.

Reinstalling the game fixed it. Probably something to do w/ your install.

Just look up that thread on where macros and settings are stored if you want to keep them all(you probably do...)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:27 pm 

Are you in northern syria?

Could be the shelling

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:29 pm 

Have you tried restarting both your computer and your router? Those steps have solved similar issues for me in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:29 pm 

Some people have been seeing this long term, but I saw it for the first time the other day. Lots of others in RFK mentioning it started happening to them, too.

It might be an artifact of the VPN tunnels being used for the DDoS protection.

http://rfklinkshell.com/