Lobby: Up
Online: 65
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Thank you NASOMI!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:34 pm 

Fmtwo wrote:
Like it or not I killed Bakgodek a single time. Not sure why anyone thinks I killed it more than once but eh to each their own the boss can check it and see that I killed it with a group of friends a single time. I can post the SS of Deft talking shit to me about it again if you want.

The s/s will show you posting in the exploit thread, knowing he was repopping then showing you killing him when you knew he was popping over and over again.

;/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:34 pm 

Arguing that you were told a mob was being exploited, so you went and exploited but only exploited it one time is a fairly fine line to walk.

I wish you the best of luck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:36 pm 

Fmtwo wrote:
Like it or not I killed Bakgodek a single time. Not sure why anyone thinks I killed it more than once but eh to each their own the boss can check it and see that I killed it with a group of friends a single time. I can post the SS of Deft talking shit to me about it again if you want.

You joined up with a group that had killed it repeatedly and then killed it at least once, after already having been told that it was bugged and instantly respawning.

If everyone on the server shows up and kills it just once, does that make it okay?

Let's be real: You got lucky that Nas decided to just make an example of the people he caught doing it when he showed up to look. Stop pretending what you did was any better than anyone else that exploited it.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:43 pm 

The group I joined was on their way there and hadn't killed it any times before the kill I was there to help with. Then I left after I saw it repop. What the group did or didn't do after I don't know as I left after seeing it broken myself. I mean if I stood somewhere when a 5-7 day repop mob was up telling everyone who zoned in that it's broken would you all just believe me or would you want to see for yourself?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:51 pm 

Don't hate the player - hate the game.

It's ONE person's fault that the coding is/was fucked up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:58 pm 

Klic wrote:
Don't hate the player - hate the game.

It's ONE person's fault that the coding is/was fucked up.

this must be fmtwo's alt.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:51 am 

if you go by whether you get punished to decide if what you did was wrong, then you're either twelve or a MAGA.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:39 pm 

Julia wrote:
if you go by whether you get punished to decide if what you did was wrong, then you're either twelve or a MAGA.

Or it could be the fact that most developers test their shit, and then don't hold the users accountable for their lack of knowledge/shitty coding.

But you're prolly right, must be that MAGA.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:58 am 

they may hold a user accountable for that user's actions. in this case, it is a simple matter of contributory responsibility and whether it is worth the investment of nasomi's time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:14 pm 

Klic wrote:

Or it could be the fact that most developers test their shit, and then don't hold the users accountable for their lack of knowledge/shitty coding.

But you're prolly right, must be that MAGA.

Posts like this drive me nuts.
Issues like this are often the cause of multiple system factors, not a wrongly bounded for loop.

This is not a simplistic code base - if you think it is, please go set up your own server and ensure it is glitch free and has 4 9s of uptime. PM me here and I'll be one of the first to sign up.

Give Nasomi some credit for the work he has put into the server and the work to maintain it.

If something is clearly broken, don't exploit it - report it.
Feigned ignorance or willful ignorance is not a get out of jail free card.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next