Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Thank you NASOMI!!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:06 pm 

Tiberon wrote:
Klic wrote:

Or it could be the fact that most developers test their shit, and then don't hold the users accountable for their lack of knowledge/shitty coding.

But you're prolly right, must be that MAGA.

Posts like this drive me nuts.
Issues like this are often the cause of multiple system factors, not a wrongly bounded for loop.

This is not a simplistic code base - if you think it is, please go set up your own server and ensure it is glitch free and has 4 9s of uptime. PM me here and I'll be one of the first to sign up.

Give Nasomi some credit for the work he has put into the server and the work to maintain it.

If something is clearly broken, don't exploit it - report it.
Feigned ignorance or willful ignorance is not a get out of jail free card.

Do you check the forums when you see a NM up before you kill it? Otherwise, this could have happened to you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:30 pm 

OperationFail wrote:
Do you check the forums when you see a NM up before you kill it? Otherwise, this could have happened to you.

I think there's a misunderstanding here. What Fmtwo did was read (and post in) the forum thread saying Bakgodek was respawning indefinitely. He then went out to Monastic Cavern and killed Bakgodek. Don't play stupid please.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:01 am 

Entry wrote:
OperationFail wrote:

I think there's a misunderstanding here. What Fmtwo did was read (and post in) the forum thread saying Bakgodek was respawning indefinitely. He then went out to Monastic Cavern and killed Bakgodek. Don't play stupid please.

So it's not against the rules to kill a bugged NM. It's against the rules to knowingly kill a bugged NM?

So, the answer is to not broadcast any knowledge about things you do? The man got one kill and bounced after seeing with his own eyes that the NM was bugged. That same one kill could have been anyone walking by and seeing an unclaimed NM. The only difference is some amount of knowledge beforehand.

If that's the case, let it be known that Argus' spawn is bugged and anyone who tries to compete with me... erm... I mean... anyone who claims him will be banned!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:13 am 

the answer is to tell nasomi. and then, yeah, not broadcast that a specific NM is auto-repopping...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:09 am 

OperationFail wrote:
Entry wrote:
OperationFail wrote:

So it's not against the rules to kill a bugged NM. It's against the rules to knowingly kill a bugged NM?

So, the answer is to not broadcast any knowledge about things you do? The man got one kill and bounced after seeing with his own eyes that the NM was bugged. That same one kill could have been anyone walking by and seeing an unclaimed NM. The only difference is some amount of knowledge beforehand.

If that's the case, let it be known that Argus' spawn is bugged and anyone who tries to compete with me... erm... I mean... anyone who claims him will be banned!

Indeed. Knowing that something is clearly an exploit and then exploiting it is different than unknowingly killing something that's bugged. Super weird idea. It's sort of like how Chess being considered an idiot/psychopath is dependent on his knowledge that threatening to dismember someone's girlfriend is wrong. Does he have that knowledge/capacity for knowledge? I don't know. Is it worse to threaten that if he knows how wrong it is? Yep.

This is why people become criminally liable for their actions in their teens. It's not a difficult concept. Oh, and you can thank TopShelf (Deft) for posting the thread about Bakgodek respawning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_infancy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:02 am 

fascinating that this thread is a kind of metonymy of current events

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:38 pm 

Klic wrote:
Julia wrote:
if you go by whether you get punished to decide if what you did was wrong, then you're either twelve or a MAGA.

Or it could be the fact that most developers test their shit, and then don't hold the users accountable for their lack of knowledge/shitty coding.

But you're prolly right, must be that MAGA.

Bank of America releases a version of their online application that allows me to actually just log into your bank account instead. When I realize it's your bank account, I just go ahead and take all of your money obviously.

The FBI shows up and I send them to the Bank of America because they had a coding error. The FBI high-fives me as they leave after the misunderstanding.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:39 pm 

OperationFail wrote:
Entry wrote:
OperationFail wrote:

uh... Yes. That is obviously correct? I'm not sure why you're pretending what you wrote isn't obviously accurate. Intent matters.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:32 pm 

Starbright wrote:
OperationFail wrote:
Entry wrote:

uh... Yes. That is obviously correct? I'm not sure why you're pretending what you wrote isn't obviously accurate. Intent matters.

You can't know someone's intent with a single kill.

I could tell my 100 person linkshell (in discord) to go in 3 man groups and kill the NM for 33 drops chances without letting them know individually it is broken. We would benefit but no one could be held accountable individually according to Nasomi. IMO, anyone who kills it once and sees it repop immediately with their own eyes and then leaves, shouldn't really be held accountable.

Didn't TS kill Jorm twice? Or am I misremembering someone's post?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:52 pm 

I do know someone's intent. He had knowledge that the mob was broken, and being exploited. He went to kill it.

I know that he intended to kill a mob that was broken and exploited.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next