Lobby: Up
Online: 47
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mobs turning white
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:47 pm 

Just curious if anyone else has seen this, as I'm trying to replicate it. Was fighting Buffalos in Uleg on THF/NIN away from all of the mobs. It was just me and the buffalo on the ramp, no aggro, nothing. I swung and hit it and it turned white until my next attack claimed it again.

Post subject: Re: Mobs turning white
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:15 pm 

was doing this while i was soloing worms on my blm last week. Also if the mob died from DOT while white i got 0 exp.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:24 pm 

I know worms act weird because you can be out of range, but it might be the same thing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:15 pm 

I've seen Serket go white with 6+ people fighting it, and no one having aggro from any other mob.

Nasomi is just fun sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:43 pm 

Using hide will cause this, even allowing another group to claim mid fight. For instance if you use hide to get a sneak attack ws from the front, after you hide the mob will go unclaimed until your next hit. I've seen many NMs stolen during this small window.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:17 pm 

Saw this happen once last night while soloing Smeagol to 12-ish WHM in East Saruta between auto-attack rounds. Mob wasn't turning toward anyone else, and it never lost aggro from me (I didn't lose it in water or anything), it was just randomly white until I hit it again. Pretty sure it was a Mandragora.

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:39 pm 

Doesn't the hide-white trick only work when the thf has hate when he/she hides? People do this on purpose.

Also, a mob will turn white if/when Nasomi's pathing thinks that the mob is awake and aggroed for an excessive amount of time without being able to complete any actions. This typically will trigger if someone pins a mob (accidentally or on purpose); you may be near a cliff of some kind of uneven terrain where there is a large z difference between your location and the mob's location and the mob doesn't know that it needs to move around to get closer to you. It also sometimes appears to happen if you go r0 in the middle of engaging your mob.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:55 am 

Would like to see a video. In 3 years of playing here I have never once seen a mob turn white for no reason. There is ALWAYS a reason. If it's a regular mob, it's possible you walked into a soft spot and it deagro'd you. But it never happens with nm's, ever. If your nm turned white, it's because you hit hide, the last person who tagged it zoned, or you claimed more adds than people in your party.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:08 am 

didnt HiB take aspid not too long ago that was claimed to another ls? the ls (more than 2 ppl obv) w/ aspid agg'd 1 mob and it caused a small moment where HiB could claim, i didnt see it go white myself but after that mob agg'd, they lost claim to aspid while their pld was meleeing aspid, was pretty neat. then again aspids been weird for months now w/ it showing it's gonna pop at a certain window

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:44 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eIqo_E ... e=youtu.be

Just watch that if you want to see the litany of things Kyo's group did wrong. Turns yellow while Izac's back is turned as Bawz releases. Kyo reaggros the mobs that killed Bawz after slowga.

edit: We also had TS steal aspid from us 2-3 pops before that one for what Aeroo mentioned about party size. Nasomi needs to work on his claim system a bit.